Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
No whites allowed
C7MxP3qU8AATBOK.jpg:large
C7MxTSCVoAE8XUQ.jpg:large

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Is it really in the game?
That's what people got from game's data files, no footage until release. You have to watch in-game it to regain peace.

Btw, I don't understand your hate on this. It's incline compared not only to previous mass effects, but to many rpgs.

Can't wait to see the facial animations.

Some local gamers here claimed that based on EA, it's very awful. It becomes even worse when characters are moving.

imweasel

Bioware, Bioware what are you doing? So many talented people are looking for work. But it seems that nowadays only nepotism and cronyism matters.
Bioware seems to only hire untalented SJW hacks these days, just look at Mac Walters (Creative Director) and Michael Gamble (Producer)... but then again no normal person would probably even want to work at that leftist shit hole anyway.

:selfhate:

Drakron

Arcane
Do those talk and have emotive animations and shit or are they just masks?

Yes.
Not usually because they are player characters but they do it when using chat as there are animations when typing on chat, not sure about actual talking animations as they are more like TES were you have voices for attacks and being hit but no actual launage, just AAAAAAH!! and similar grunts and I am kinda busy moving my character around in combat to look at their facial expressions.

Last edited:

Padzi

Arbiter
Bioware, Bioware what are you doing? So many talented people are looking for work. But it seems that nowadays only nepotism and cronyism matters.
Bioware seems to only hire untalented SJW hacks these days, just look at Mac Walters (Creative Director) and Michael Gamble (Producer)... but then again no normal person would probably even want to work at that leftist shit hole anyway.

:selfhate:

You are right. A mentally healthy person wouldn't want to work in a rotten SJW environment where everybody is licking their own assholes and smelling their own farts. You would probably go insane in a crowd like that. Besides Mac Walters created The Illusiva Man and Aria and says they are his favourite characters. That should tell anyone everything there is to know about him.

Found the Biodware apologist.
:timetoburn:
Yea I'm fucking sorry for not jumping on the bandwagon ITT instead of making my own opinion by actually playing the fucking trial. It's so much more reasonable to just repost the same old fucking gifs over and over instead of having, say, a constructively critical discussion.

So let me try to repent:
LOL BIOWARE BAD, EA BAD, SJW DETECTED
1mCAycv.gif

Better?

You know you don't have to try everything yourself before you know it' bad. Even most dumb animals can learn from observation and past experience not to make mistakes. I got burned on Dragon Age 2 and my review of it is this...

...I am so pissed off and insulted by that game, I am determined to spend hours watching youtubes of this latest game and finding flaws, which is pretty easy, then making memes and Webms pointing them out, just to tank this game, destroy Bioware and laugh my tits off as every one of their employees gets fired and made a pariah in the gaming industry. I won't feel satisfied until every one of the people responsable for Dragon age 2 and this mess ends up in words of Nick Cave... In a soup queue, a dope fiend, a slave, then prison, then the madhouse, then the grave.

Now by all means play the trail to realise the game is shit if you want, do you also touch every fire you see as well just to make sure it's hot? And you know what I bet you've never tried to cut your own dick off with a junior hacksaw either, you should try that as well it might be fun, how do you know if you don't try it? And don't stop when it starts hurting and you are losing blood, carry on I hear it gets better after a few hours.

As for saying were posting the same old gifs... We'll the codex dosen't tolerate that, if you've seen the codex posting memes in this thread, you've seen elsewhere, it's because we made half of them.

As for your constructive critical discussion, here it is, there are 8 minutes in the game when you first arrive on nexus, 8 minutes of unadulterated game footage that his given rise to over 20 or so memes. Here's the video, I've started it at the right point.

In this clip you see...
  • My dad's dead dialogue
  • 2 of Ryders mong reaction faces
  • The space cricket talking and all the models ignoring him
  • Another reaction face from Ryder
  • A Gay/Trans Krogan
  • Tired face turn into a ghost and dissapear
  • The blonde skrillex monkey walk
  • The walking dead zombie mong background character
  • dissapearing characters, two on the right when the trans krogan opens the shutters.
  • Models all poping back into the seemingly deserted scene as Ryder turns around
  • Face is tired dialouge
  • (sigh)...not home...the milky way this is home, this.....mess
  • No ones a pathfinder until they've path...found something
  • Toilet cleaner poetry
  • more Goddamn poetry
  • Beautiful utopian horseshit
  • RyderRyder
  • Backgrounds made with 10 year old clip art and kitchen planner software
  • A future with boxfiles, magazines, books and stacks of paper in an in tray
There are more reaction images I've missed out plus constant small graphical glitches and the overall terrible animations and voice acting.

And this is 8 unedited minutes of gameplay in the first hub world in a pre-release demo supposed to be a showcase for your game.

pippin

a constructively critical discussion.

You are talking about Mass Effect Andromeda, though. The most constructive opinion I can think of is that you can't forgive this level of mediocrity from a AAA multinational company. You just can't.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Bioware is going to open a fucking investigation services agency... Now they are investigating adding quick saving and the actual ability to save during missions... Because autosave is bestest.

Their post launch patching plan will require 100GB of patches apparently.

Padzi

Arbiter
Looking at those faces in Character Creator I have flashbacks to the launch of ME3. When after the game was released people discovered that face import system from previous games just did not work. And they had to fix it post-launch with a patch.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I definitely would have cut out the whole "On the first planet you arrive you run into soldiers working for a powerful alien civilization that are seeking the artifacts of a long disappeared Progenitor civilization"

At least they're trying to try to copy the Rakatans/Protheans. They should be trying to copy KOTOR/ME1 as closely as possible since they're not competent enough to innovate.

Mac Walters created The Illusiva Man and Aria and says they are his favourite characters.

"Created" in the sense of "stole directly from the X-Files and put in my shitty crossover fanfic". The #1 thing turning me off from this game is knowing that the writers are people who agreed to work for Mac Walters.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
People are getting distracted by the cosplayer stuff, and doing so (and focusing on that one hire) just makes it easier for the rest of the internet to dismiss this all as typical GG-slandering. Whether she is competent or not, what shipped for ME:A was a masssive failure up and down the line of the entire development team. It's not like there wasn't negative feedback about the character models and animation from the very first character trailer, yet Bioware opted to completely ignore that feedback and just roll with what they had. That failure rests on more than just one animator's shoulders, whether she's young, female, and inexperienced or not. That failure is the whole team's to own.

Let's not get distracted by individuals when the company itself is the problem, especially when that just makes it easier for mainstream media to paint all criticism as sexism or misogyny and declare ME:A as the greatest game ever.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Why I'm giving 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' a hard pass: It's more of the same colonialism"

Merry Christmas.
This article was really funny. I wish I could stand in front of whoever wrote it, interrupt her mid-sentence and say "Wait! You must be one of those people who voted for Hillary, right?", and then just watch the mouth-frothing :lol:

Mark Richard

Arcane
Yelling at a person feels satisfying. Yelling at a company feels like chastising a logo.

Making games is a collaborative process, yet picking out one individual to punish is becoming a pattern (DA2 anyone?) We have no idea to what extent this person was involved outside of our own interpretation of games industry job titles, she was likely answerable to several other team members, and the animations are merely one of many issues Andromeda has.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

sullynathan

Arcane
didnt ME1 work with actual RPG mechanics so you basically sucked at shooting anything
This would have made sense if commander Shepard wasn't already a 30 something year old soldier with lots of battle and military experience yet he couldn't even shoot an assault rifle

Tytus

Arcane
That is disgusting. What kind of world are we living in where...

image_uploaded_from_ios.jpg

...worth it.

Well at least I hope someone at Bioware was able to get their dick wet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom