Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

pippin

Big companies need flops every now and then. It helps them with paying less taxes.

Glaucon

Prophet
Wtf are you talking about? "Tactics"? Are people trying to get anyone fired? Are they going on emailing campaigns? Am I missing something? All I see are jokes along to the lines of "her animation is shit" and "she probably sucked dick to get her job".
Maybe if you tried reading my posts, it would help, duder.

Again, we've got no evidence she is a feminazi. RalphRetort posted an out-of-context clip of her vid that says "I hate men", but the actual clip is just an animation version of what looks like a scene from a movie and isn't feminist at all.

All the other stuff isn't what I am talking about.
Except it is. Your comments haven't focused solely on the feminazi accusation.
For the same reason we care when a gamer is mocked in an justified way: it could be us someday and no one wants to live in that kind of society.
I don't know why you and scrooge (et al) won't just admit you don't like seeing women get insulted. Or, you just don't like people making mean comments generally? Or, you don't like that this discredits criticism of games companies by gamers in the eyes of journalists (that ship has sailed)? In any case, it's not really about the feminazi accusation, and even calling it an accusation is an exaggeration.

Mark Richard

Arcane
She is the "lead facial animator" for this project, isn't she?
I don't know, is she? So many high ranking members of the team left during the development of Andromeda that I can't keep up. The senior editor, lead writer, lead producer, the senior development director, etc. It will take years to dissect this mess. And what does a lead facial animator do precisely? Does anyone know, or are we playing connect the dots over an upturned pepper shaker?

So our favorite animator appears to be a man-hating feminazi too.... A perfect fit for Bioware. No wonder she was hired. :lol:

... watch the video. She nowhere said she hates men, she just used parts of movies which she then animated. And the specific part of this old black and white movie wasn't even about MEN SUCK LOL, but it was a monologue about how unfair it is that men age well while women age worse and THAT is why the movie character says "I hate men".

She doesn't deserve the shit she is getting and it makes all the guys who shit on her now look like the gigantic fucking assholes the media painted them as during gamergate. Fuck this is making me angry.

She doesn't deserve to get singled out, agreed. (And I stated as much earlier) She and anyone else who worked on this does deserve to get shit though.

Also, I'm very confused how she was 'misidentified as lead animator', per the Bioware PR guy, when she actually identified herself as such.

Edit: BTW, I am totally ok with the producer getting mocked... not because he's a guy but because people are mocking him for what he said on that interview, and not just attributing whatever is bad in the game to him and consequently implying he had to sleep his way to his current position.

I would say she dosen't need to get singled out at all.

The animation is awful.

But the writing is ....well...

https://webmshare.com/KEZKV
https://webmshare.com/M061r
https://webmshare.com/YGRP0

https://webmshare.com/yALzb
https://webmshare.com/9ngqW
https://webmshare.com/Av4By

https://webmshare.com/jQmDg
https://webmshare.com/0rW4P
https://webmshare.com/VnMRZ

https://webmshare.com/nGDxd

https://webmshare.com/M06PP

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
I kind of doubt this considering some webms I've seen of DA:I. Especially that one of kicking some fag out of a balcony. Is it the odd one out?

I don't remember that.

As I said, overall the animations were fine. Certainly nothing like the hopw roewur ne in ME:A.
Found the three I was thinking of.

I never played it, but from what I've seen the walking animation of the female MC was fine.

If you know what I mean.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
3HveZWR.png

Hmmm...

(Green one is Julian Gollop)

pippin

I'm going to call professional obligations on that one. These days some companies do care about what you do on social media.

It's 177 page of discussion about not yet released game. Released and hyped Torment:Tides of Numenera has 165 pages.

I think it's pretty obvious what kind of RPGs people on Codex find interesting.
:troll:

Do you honestly think we are wasting our time and fucking around?... Have you seen the EA stocks?

Never forget that the codex killed Bioware on March the 15th, just look back at the thread and look at this for correlation...

stocks_till_weekend.jpg

The stock will tank on monday, it will be a disaster, it can't be anything but, everyone including Pewdiepie and the gaming media is shitting on the game and nobody is buyng it
in fact in countless responses to the clips I've posted I've just seen people canceling their pre-orders... My Face is tired is a viral meme and I'm already sick of it...

...EA will bounce back, but this is the end for Bioware. And I'm glad.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's 177 page of discussion about not yet released game. Released and hyped Torment:Tides of Numenera has 165 pages.

I think it's pretty obvious what kind of RPGs people on Codex find interesting.
:troll:

Do you honestly think we are wasting our time and fucking around?... Have you seen the EA stocks?

Never forget that the codex killed Bioware on March the 15th, just look back at the thread and look at this for correlation...

The stock will tank on monday, it will be a disaster, it can't be anything but, everyone including Pewdiepie and the gaming media is shitting on the game and nobody is buyng it
in fact in countless responses to the clips I've posted I've just seen people canceling their pre-orders... My Face is tired is a viral meme and I'm already sick of it...

Their low point over the past 6 months was ~75, so I'm not sure a sub $1 drop amounts to much. If it drops to below $80 on Monday, I'll come back and brofist your post though. :)

sullynathan

Arcane
didnt ME1 work with actual RPG mechanics so you basically sucked at shooting anything
This would have made sense if commander Shepard wasn't already a 30 something year old soldier with lots of battle and military experience yet he couldn't even shoot an assault rifle

What ?? Shooting an assault rifle worked perfectly fine if the player actually does what the tooltip says: To actually fire it in bursts.
Did you play as anything other than a soldier?

I'm going to call professional obligations on that one. These days some companies do care about what you do on social media.
They're... professionally obliged to follow some butthurt streetshitter raving mad on Twitter... or they won't get a bonus or something. Uh, okay.

Stokowski

Arcane
I laugh at these shitty animations too, but the SHE'S A FEMINAZI bit pisses me off because it's a lie. Don't turn my words around by saying we shouldn't call her work shit because she's a woman, I never said that :P

As was definitively debated in the great philosophical work, Clerks, the roofers that worked for the Imperials and died during the destruction of the Death Star are not to be treated as innocent collateral damage, but were clearly fully culpable in their support of the Empire just as much as the next stormtrooper. If a person willingly offers their labour in the creation of a FEMINAZI project, said individual can't complain when tarred with the same ideological brush.

imweasel

Only for Bioware Montreal, i'm afraid. EA is probably going to finally dump retards like Mac Walters and Michael Gamble too, but that would be about it for now. The reception of the new IP will decide over the fate of the Edmonton studio.

The AI in your head is your mom, who also captured the memories of your dead dad and stuck them in your head and the rest of the game is just an uncanny valley illusion hence all the glitches and bad animation and all your really doing is playing the part of the other twin trapped in cryosleep having a dream about being your other twin and you end up banging the other twin in cryosleep and the immaculate conception creates the big bang which pours out through the galaxy and the mass relay and restarts the universe...

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

They really did this?

I can't believe it... Or I can, it's BW after all but still. Imagine having your parents stuck in your head and sharing everything with them. Uh...
And they have sexual encounters in game, so you have sex with someone... So isn't like voyerism or group sex?

'OMG this was one of the most important happenings in my life. I'm so happy I could share it with you mom and pop.'

Jesus this is some twisted stuff. Who the hell thought this would be a good idea?

You goofball, ffs did you think I was being serious:lol:...

...Wait...Hol up...You actually thought about having sex with your twin while your parents watched on in your own mind?

picgifs-disgust-710548.gif

Last edited:
As was definitively debated in the great philosophical work, Clerks, the roofers that worked for the Imperials and died during the destruction of the Death Star are not to be treated as innocent collateral damage, but were clearly fully culpable in their support of the Empire just as much as the next stormtrooper. If a person willingly offers their labour in the creation of a FEMINAZI project, said individual can't complain when tarred with the same ideological brush.
This argument would work if we were wearing straight jackets and working at BW was about ideology. But it's just a job. She failed at it spectacularly, but I'm not seeing a SJW. You guys need to chill with that shit already, pushing a false narrative just pulls everyone's attention from what this is actually about - you know, like animations.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
There seems to be a lot of infighting over the Lead Animator here on the Codex. All I will say is why the fuck was a amateur animator made the the lead of the facial animations of a AAA game? If she was just one of the animators out of many then I wouldn't care, to blame her you should blame the other animators as well, but she was made a lead of a AAA game while having no prior experience in the industry. Just what the hell Bioware/EA? Did you spend the chunk of your production money on coke and hookers instead of hiring veteran animators for your AAA game that is suppose to restart a franchise?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom