Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid Δ (Snake Eater Remake) - PC/PS5/Xbox confirmed to use original voice files

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The game's length is good enough and its highly replayable (plus varied in enviroment)

Another swamp area would just be padding, the game has a pretty consistent structure, which is the reason its so well paced:
  • you get some quiet time with the animals > then you get 1 or 2 areas with guard patrols > then you get a small but well guarded military outpost/facility, which is designed like a vertical slide > then BAM, boss fight > rinse, rise, repeat until the credits roll

Tehdagah

Arcane
Via Konami's YouTube channel
METAL GEAR SOLID Legacy Series Part 1 | ft. David Hayter

Looks as if relations between Kojima and Konami are still not good.

“Hideo Kojima” is not mentioned once in the video. Hayter simply uses the term “the developers”.

I won't be surprised if Konami redubs MGSV with Hayter.

MGS2 refined the stealth aspect and made it more prominent and MGS3 perfected it.

I don't know how you can say a game in which you can crawl with no cover a few meters in front of an enemy because of a good camo index and whose enemies pose so little danger that sneaking is so unimportant perfected stealth.
But you must agree that MGS3 brought the stealth gameplay a greater sense of scale, no? Camo, in-door sections where you have to rely on disguises and gadgets, sections like the outpost with the helicopter early on where your camo isn't as effective and you have to rely more on traditional sneaking, etc. Admittedly when I replayed MGS3 recently the stealth mechanics and especially guard detection was incredibly janky, but you have to admit it brought a lot of variety to the table which keeps the game feeling fresh even on repeat playthroughs.

I would like to add I think the first three MGS games are best experienced on the hardest difficulty, which definitely skews my perception of them.

911 Jumper

Educated
I won't be surprised if Konami redubs MGSV with Hayter.
It'd be interesting if they did that for Vol 2 (or 3?) of the Master Collection. But perhaps they'll leave it since Venom isn't supposed to be you know who.

911 Jumper

Educated
It just looks soulless.

Some recent comments from Delta's Producer

Metal Gear Delta's producer says 'we're doing our best' to create a 'modern-style Metal Gear' but the core design will remain unchanged
Konami has hosted what it calls a "production hotline" event, featuring some of the key creatives behind the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection and the upcoming MGS3 remake Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater. Hey: call these things Hotline Konami. You can have that one for free.

The key figure here is producer Noriaki Okamura, who's in charge of the company's attempts to revitalise the series, and a true Konami veteran who also worked with the old Kojima Productions throughout its lifespan. Okamura has a seriously impressive history: among other things he was key to Policenauts and had senior roles on tons of Metal Gear games. He even got a "special thanks" from Kojima in Metal Gear Solid's credits.

Okamura spoke about what Konami's hoping to do with Delta, and the following is a machine translation of some of his remarks (should Konami release an official English transcript, I'll update). The full event can be viewed (in Japanese) on Youtube.

"It is necessary to release a modern-style Metal Gear for today's game users, rather than the Master Collection," said Okamura of Metal Gear Delta: Snake Eater. "But MGS should remain MGS, so we will change the graphics and operability, but leave the other scenarios, sounds, and game design unchanged."

There's quite a sweet moment when a slide comes up about development progress on Delta, which says "we're doing well," before Okamura chips in: "We're doing our best."

The host asks how many of the original MGS3 team are working on Delta. "Not all of them, but many of them are still involved," says Okamura. "Some people are walking a new path. The number of people who don't know about MGS is increasing, so I want to do something about this situation, and I think it's our mission for those of us who remain at Konami to preserve Metal Gear for future generations."

Meanwhile, no less than David Hayter (the voice of Solid Snake and Big Boss in MGS1 through 4) has been bragging about playing the game itself. "Please don’t tell anyone… but I played the opening of MGS Delta up to the bridge scene the other day," said Hayter on X. "It was spectacular."
Source: PC Gamer

911 Jumper

Educated
Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 2 Titles and Release Date Haven’t Been Decided Yet, Producer Says
Though Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater is being billed as the dormant stealth franchise’s return to the limelight, Konami started taking baby steps down that road last year with Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1, which brought a number of the series’ earlier instalments together in a single package.

Of course, the fact that it was called Vol. 1 was indication for many that the company had more similar collections planned for the future, and while that hasn’t yet been officially announced, it certainly seems like we’ll be hearing more about a second volume at some point in the future.

In a recently uploaded “production hotline” video uploaded by Konami, responding to a question about a second MGS collection, series producer Noriaki Okamura said (via Twitter user @HEITAIs) that Konami hasn’t decided “yet” which games will be included in Master Collection Vol. 2, or when it will be released, before adding, “please wait a little longer.”

Previous reports and datamining leaks have indicated that Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 2 will include Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, and Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Konami is also working on a number of improvements for Master Collection Vol. 1, including support for higher resolutions, controller configuration options, and more.
Source: Gaming Bolt

grimace

Arcane
"It is necessary to release a modern-style Metal Gear for today's game users, rather than the Master Collection,"

Is "modern" defined as more like MGS5?

911 Jumper

Educated
"It is necessary to release a modern-style Metal Gear for today's game users, rather than the Master Collection,"

Is "modern" defined as more like MGS5?
Could be. Or maybe they've been looking at Capcom's RE remakes and want to go down the over-the-shoulder route.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom