Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MicroProse revived as military simulator publisher

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
There was a demo? This came out of nowhere for me :shredder:

Looks good though, at least from the trailer!

Beastro

Arcane
It's interesting how hard it is to make good camp, especially 90s camp. So much just comes off as bad crap like Channel Awesome now. See what modern MST3K is like compared to the show.

When it comes to FMVs you need to capture that cheap, lame feel of the 90s. So many try their best to grab the vibe of other decades but so many fail when it comes to the 90s.

It's not just games. Compare:

With:

I'm not feeling that here.

Last edited:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
There was no 'irony', as the kids incorrectly say, about it. The people trying to recreate it all think it's silly, so it never has that earnest seriousness.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1887010/view/3673297170267187841
Early Access to Full Release v1.0, all features added to date
Tiny Football is reaching a significant milestone as it comes out of 6 months of Early Access into full release, version 1.0. This is a round up of all features that have been added to the game in that time. I'm very grateful to all those who have contributed feedback and taken an interest in the game. And the work doesn't stop now, I'll continue to put out updated versions with new features and fixes, as well as taking ideas from players.

Enhancements to gameplay

I improved the AI of the opposing team, making them more challenging to play against, less predictable and working more defensively using zonal marking.

Additionally, players will make attacking runs after passing. Visually this makes off the ball players appear less static than before but more importantly they are working together as a team whether defending or attacking.

Season enhancements

More countries have been added to the season mode in addition to English club teams. So far I've added German, French, Italian, Spanish and Scottish.

I also added a new feature that allows players to buy and sell players during the transfer window to enable squad building. Also, players now age and retire as well as new players coming up through the youth squads adding a slight managerial feel to the game, whilst keeping it fun and simple.

Improving the user interface (UI)

I wanted to make the game more visually appealing for players. I added a new main menu screen, which allows players to easily navigate through different game modes, such as quick match, season mode, and tournaments.

Team selection screens got a major face lift with animated carousel sliders to choose national and club teams from various countries. I also improved the layout of options screen prior to each match to allow users to set options there and then, as well as choose team colours.

An updated player selection screen allows better visualisation of formation on the pitch. A new squad selection screen during match fixtures has been added to allow changing of squad and tactics between matches.

Addition of female players and Women's World Cup

In addition to the existing Men's World Cup, I've added a Women's World Cup to allow players to compete in either of these prestigious events... just in time for the Women's World Cup 2023 kicking off in Australia and New Zealand.

Overall, I am excited to introduce these new features to Tiny Football and hope that players will enjoy them. I believe that the improvements to the UI, gameplay, and game modes will enhance the overall player experience and make Tiny Football even more fun to play. And with a long list of features yet to come, I'm looking forward to what new additions I can add over the next few months.

Continued support and additional features

Finally, I'd like to mention that I will continue to build upon the progress made so far. I've still a host of additions I'm keen to add. In fact, I already have the next update in beta testing and plan on following up with more. I still enjoy developing the game and watching it grow so watch this space for new and exciting features.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2000800/view/3654161945397984002
B-17 The Mighty 8th Redux Dev Blog #1
Welcome aboard followers, new and old.

In this devblog we will show you some comparison shots between the original and the redux and let you know a little more about the team that is working on the Project and the planned early access release date.

Comparison Shots Office
Each update we will share some comparison shots with an original as reference. One of the first things you will notice is a change in aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, the next thing you will be able to appreciate is the additional detail the artists are putting into the new scenes. Below are a few comparison shots of the current work-in-progress for you to soak in.

First up is the “Corridor”. From here you can go into the Briefing Room, Bomber Commander’s Office – and if you have permission, the Squadron Commanders Office and the Operation’s Room.

ba7af7ce5092b0ec599adca037e020b0addb8c8a.png

Original

2e941c184e751c0fcf3a73ebdcc020deee87e96b.jpg

Redux

Next up is the Bomber Commander Office, where you can check in on your crew files.

0c7c91eebdf7310806f074b4bc69f16de5fccd28.jpg

Original

4ec5aef7eab7fa18775af15cd387e5061d04d9f3.jpg

Redux

The Squadron Commander’s office is a little more organised and contains files for the crews and bombers along with an in and out tray for your messages.

4d1247e7dc47ffce7b0948bc31293f31ad910494.png

Original

f3d0cc8bd87ce5aa7706af4d7f321dd50bcb7605.jpg

Redux

The final image we are sharing from the base in this update is the Operations Room. Here a Squadron commander can carefully plan bombing missions.

9b674776afc78ce94f86b892c235e297d7a878bc.png

Original

7c4388ac34543cd8332feb5e70a66ee065170414.jpg

Redux

Comparison Shot B-17 Interior
In the original game the interiors of the B-17 where a mixture of the B-17 Type G and Type F. So, whilst we are striving for authenticity there are still some concessions, we are making to ensure the game remains true to the original.

The first interior from B-17 we are sharing is the Nose, where you will see the famous Norden Bombsight, Navigation table, you will notice the cheek turrets are missing in the redux image, but rest assured they will be there in the final game.

0d90b5003a00f31f56a02c9fda893263f7b39d49.jpg

Original

a0336092f36b3909578ef647556d97a296d7adcb.jpg

Redux

Team Updates
The other piece of exciting news and that we are happy to announce is that two members of the original development team at Wayward Designs have joined us on this journey. Chris Keegan, who was the programming director on the original game and Ken Hall, who assisted with many roles within the art, technical art, and research department for the original game. They also worked on many features which did not make it into the final game, and we are hoping to share those features with you in future updates.

Q4 Early Access Release
The game will be entering Early Access in the
fourth quarter of 2023
. The goal is to have the main campaigns playable with continued improvements and additional new features and campaigns to be added during the Early Access period.

The Regensburg Raid Part 1:
This week we are sharing the first three pages of a comic that we are working as a companion piece to the B-17 games, check future dev blogs for more pages.

e33b348c6b72aeffd570528a411e41c27a18eb20.jpg

fce7bcfb61f80b8c45f6b477b477e50c2d57d2fd.jpg

17b625ae07c9fffd388c6be542edeccfeb5428cb.jpg

Thanks for your support so far…
If you’ve read this far. Thanks for sticking with it. Don’t forget to Wishlist the game and follow us to see future devblogs. If you have any friends and family who were fans of the original, please feel free to spread the world. We’d love to see them in skies at the end of the year too.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is it just me or are the redux shots almost all worse? The loss of natural lighting and focus on the objects one was to interact with, combined with the inclusion of a orange fog posing as volumetric lighting and worse composition

Luka-boy

Arcane
Nice, I really liked it back in the day and every time I replay it I like the commander mode more and more.
:love:

Hopefully they tweak a bit the injury rates. They liked so much their "realistic" feature of crew sometimes not noticing they were injured until the adrenaline rush of combat ended that they went way overboard and most of the time you spent the return trip over the Channel being interrupted because every few minutes someone in your crew collapsed when they realized they had a piece of shrapnel stuck in their lung or a Dora's 20mm cannon round blew off their left nut. Fortunately those values were moddable.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it just me or are the redux shots almost all worse? The loss of natural lighting and focus on the objects one was to interact with, combined with the inclusion of a orange fog posing as volumetric lighting and worse composition
We got bloomed.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2122090/view/4124805233796095123
Centurion Developmets Partners with Legendary MicroProse!
Exciting News: Centurion Developmets Partners with Legendary MicroProse!

Dear community,

We are thrilled to share a momentous announcement that marks a significant milestone in our journey as a game developer. We are proud to announce a groundbreaking partnership with the iconic and legendary MicroProse!
This collaboration represents a fusion of creativity, innovation, and a shared passion for delivering exceptional gaming experiences. MicroProse, renowned for its historic contributions to the gaming industry, has recognized the potential and uniqueness of our upcoming project.

As a result, Centurion Developments is now set to embark on an exciting new chapter, strengthened by the invaluable support and expertise that MicroProse brings to the table. This partnership will not only amplify our ability to create cutting-edge games but also open doors to broader audiences worldwide.
MicroProse's rich legacy and commitment to quality align seamlessly with our studio's vision, ensuring that our games will continue to uphold the high standards that both our teams are known for. Together, we aim to push the boundaries of gaming, offering you, our dedicated community, an unparalleled gaming experience that combines the best of both worlds.

We extend our heartfelt gratitude to our loyal fans, whose unwavering support has brought us to this moment. Your enthusiasm fuels our creativity, and we can't wait to share the fruits of this collaboration with you.

Stay tuned for more updates as we embark on this thrilling journey with MicroProse.
And please keep in mind, we listen to our community. Dont be shy to share your suggestions or questions on our social networks or on our Discord channel.

Thanks again for your support and lets enjoy this moment with our latest game teaser.

Warm regards, Centurion Developments Team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom