Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MicroProse revived as military simulator publisher

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1887010/view/3633872920420506002
Tiny Football Demo released!
To celebrate finals for the World Cup we have released a demo of "Tiny Football"

You can choose to play as either "Argentina" or "France" solo or versus a friend.

cd0eb1fa9234a1f92194e2b53e24f629ae90905c.png

Who will win your Tiny Football world cup?

f614031c4a1b880f64a2d64dcf91a20c9226576c.png

Download the demo now.

Also.
Second Front has release date of January 31 2023.

Victor1234

Educated
Liking their idea to do a B-17 remake, hopefully execution will be good.

They'll never do it, but an ATAC remake would be great too. That intro was the coolest game intro I'd ever heard up to that point....but for some reason the guy doing this video sped it up a lot after the first 35 seconds.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I didn’t know that the eastern front was included. If anyone tries it (or finds a review you can trust) be sure to post here.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Microprose is raining single player focused, crunchy wargames with UIs that don't make my eyes bleed down upon us.

What have we done to deserve such beneficence.

:brodex:

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wishing for: Gunship and B-17 remakes and Falcon 5.0, all with a dynamic campaign, and Airborne Ranger remake for starters.

Modron

Arcane
None of the upcoming B-17 games have dynamic campaigns as far as I know,

sser

Arcane
Developer
I didn’t know that the eastern front was included. If anyone tries it (or finds a review you can trust) be sure to post here.

It's ASL with a slightly shorter turn-order and probably little adjustments elsewhere. Missing off-map elements currently though they're coming.

https://tallyhocorner.com/2023/02/second-front-review/

Having watched vids and just being familiar with ASL (even the shitty PC adaptation from the 90s), I'm giving it a year of development. Not that it's bad looking, but it is 'Early Access-y' in a sense. Also the dev is kind of a butthole who bans people left and right from the Steam forums. This is despite you only being able to talk there if you own the game, so he's jacking up his own consumers. Whole thing's a bit strange but the game looks good.

Monk

Arcane
Would like to see a Crusade in Europe version of Panzer General, but using historical units with more realistic numbers (e.g., 0-200 tanks instead of a strength rating of 1-10), and instead of turn-based real-time with pausing. Given that, for example, air units will strike and then return to base. Same for Decision in the Desert and others.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/microprose/announcements/detail/3680047495733505345

MicroProse is back on the Falcon series​

4 MAY @ 4:00AM - SÉRGIO COSTA (MICROPROSE)
534b5f7e3cb07247d4e16196ae59b904fa50c001.jpg

Dear MicroProse Fan,

Today we have something different and very exciting to announce.

MicroProse is proud to announce that we have re-acquired the copyright to the Falcon series games, and Falcon has officially returned to our line-up. We are thrilled to continue the Falcon franchise with new products in the future, building on the legacy of this iconic series.

c280bbfe7f0dc6f527e34d8a05f43fb2e716807d.jpg

We also want to take a moment to acknowledge the incredible work that the Benchmark Sims team has done with their BMS mod for Falcon 4.0. We recognize the passion and dedication that they have brought to the Falcon community, and we are committed to fully supporting their efforts in any way possible.

With MicroProse's support, there is no end in sight for the work of the BMS Team. The future of the Falcon franchise looks bright, and we can't wait to share more with you soon!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Whyyyyy! If all they can afford is making games that look like pixels or something from the CGA era then they need to stay away from simulations. There are already modern dumb actiony flight sims that nobody plays. And there's DCS that a few people play. It makes no sense to do anything Falcon unless you can somehow do better than that. I think they are doing all this to move their money around and lower their personal tax bracket or something. None of what nu Microprose does makes any sense.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sure hope they improved the feel since the demo, but I ain't gonna bet on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom