Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft acquires Bethesda/Zenimax

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

ADL

Prophet
Ok, considering that such crazy scenario such as Microsoft buying Bethesda happened, perhaps Sony will do stupid shit too and by ubisoft for example.

Not saying it's impossible, but Sony doesn't have Microsoft's level of "fuck you money."
Yeah this is "found in furniture" money to Microsoft. Azure and Office365 subscriptions alone could buy out every major player in this industry with ease.

ADL

Prophet
Not surprised. They were never gonna buy out the exclusivity agreements from Sony for Ghostwire and Deathloop. What will be interesting to see is if these kinds of deals have already been signed one way or the other for Starfield or TESVI. I doubt it but you never know.

Prime Junta

Veronica is lesbian. Arcade Gannon is gay.
Interesting. It was a while since I played FNV last time, so maybe I forgot, or maybe they didn't rub their orientation in your face back then. Although how would I know, I took only Raul as a companion.

So, fetish for lesbian engineers started in Obsidian far back in 2010?

You might want to sit down for this because it may come as a shock.

It turns out that Tim Cain, the first and for a quite a while only worker on the Fallout project -- the creator of the entire franchise, if you will --... is gay.

typical user

Arbiter
Now Microsoft should fire Todd Howard and Pete Hines, burn their offices to the ground and give Fallout to inXile and Obsidian and have the skeleton crew from Bethesda work on Minecraft.

Yosharian

Arcane
How the fuck do you play FNV and not find out that Veronica is gay

Also you have to speak to Arcade to get one of the best power armours in the game so him too

Naraya

Arcane
dafuq? how? did they buy zenimax or just bethesda?

LMAO

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/iwzzh5/welcoming_the_talented_teams_and_beloved_game/

They didn't just buy Bethesda, they bought the parent company Zenimax Media. That means Microsoft now owns, quoted from Wikipedia:

id Software (developer of the Doom, Quake and Rage series)

Arkane Studios (developer of Dishonored and Prey)

MachineGames (developer of the Wolfenstein series)

Tango Gameworks (developer of The Evil Within)

publisher Bethesda Softworks with its Bethesda Game Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series) and ZeniMax Online Studios (developer of The Elder Scrolls Online).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Now Microsoft should fire Todd Howard and Pete Hines, burn their offices to the ground and give Fallout to inXile and Obsidian and have the skeleton crew from Bethesda work on Minecraft.

Give it a rest. Neither Bethesda, nor Obsidian, nor InXile are capable of making a proper Fallout game anymore. It's over.

Child of Malkav

Erudite

Also you have to speak to Arcade to get one of the best power armours in the game so him too
Even if you interact with them they don't come out and say it in your face. You have to go through the dialogue options for a while.....
I didn't know either, and now that I do, Veronica and Arcade won't make it till the end of the game anymore.

typical user

Arbiter

Give it a rest. Neither Bethesda, nor Obsidian, nor InXile are capable of making a proper Fallout game anymore. It's over.

Nah, if you have passionate people on the steering wheel then it is possible. But Fallout was driven by shekel-hungry faceless corpo-suits.

Prime Junta

imagine the economies of scale

Like?

unified workflow, toolset, production pipelines, QA, style guide, rapidly shifting developers and content creators from project to project as they are needed, clear definition of roles and hierarchy, every worker – a cog in a well oiled machine, generating shareholder value... new AAA game every year, no, THREE TIMES a year, just like UbiSoft

Yosharian

Arcane

Even if you interact with them they don't come out and say it in your face. You have to go through the dialogue options for a while.....
I didn't know either, and now that I do, Veronica and Arcade won't make it till the end of the game anymore.
That is my point, like do people not talk to the companion NPCs? What is the point of playing Vegas, then?

Prime Junta

Let the franchise rest in peace. It’s been done to death many times over, there’s nothing worthwhile left in it to milk.

And Shady Sands will always be there for us.

Silly Germans

Urgh, looks like a step closer to the pure games-as-a-service hell. I hope Microsoft fumbles like they did in the past when they tried to push a service but i am afraid that they have learned some lessons from the past, doing it more gradually with sweet deals along the way.

zapotec

Liturgist
Re-leaked image
azFSQK3.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom