Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
hue hue :lol:

Burning Bridges

But the auto-generated models look great in the X-Plane shots as well. Perhaps it's the density of the trees (there actually appears to be a closed canopy in some of the wooded areas, while Microsoft's look like an early stage reforestation project), perhaps it's the fact that Microsoft has trees growing on what seems to be a major highway.

I guess because MS uses global data and you cannot place every tree and house in the world. X-Plane looks so good because they have overflown the areas previously and doctored it.

Burning Bridges

I cannot believe what you say.

here you clearly see that X-plane is far superior.

Look at the graphix:

3mdJpu0.jpg

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Just the graphics, it looks more like real life to me. Less saturated colors, everything looks a bit sharper, better clouds and weather etc. Both pretty close but I think MS FS looks best. I am mostly concerned about the gameplay though.

Burning Bridges

Ok since no one figured out my little prank by now, here is the solution:

The "FS2020" screenshots were actually taken from X-Plane on my PC with Ortho4XP terrain in ZL16 and ZL17 and it does indeed look better than the less spectacular screens from FS2020 (lighting and colors are better in FS2020 in screens but also is more overdone and cartoonish as you correctly pointed out)

HKcUCB8.jpg

X-Plane 11 taken on my PC:

guIHJn6.jpg

MS 2020:

dims

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok since no one figured out my little prank by now, here is the solution:

The "FS2020" screenshots were actually taken from X-Plane on my PC with Ortho4XP terrain in ZL16 and ZL17 and it does indeed look better than the less spectacular screens from FS2020 (lighting and colors are better in FS2020 in screens but also is more overdone and cartoonish as you correctly pointed out)

HKcUCB8.jpg

X-Plane 11 taken on my PC:

guIHJn6.jpg

MS 2020:

dims
You cheeky little bastard. :D

Burning Bridges

Now you like the other one better?

Look at the clouds and the superior lighting. It makes overdone colors without the need to run Reshade.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I can't see your pics anyway because my browser blocks everything :/ But I saw X Plane shots and it is nice. But I still think the new MS Flight Sim looks better.

Burning Bridges

Tbh I have seen screenshots of FS2020 that look better and others that look worse than X-Plane. It depends a lot on the quality of textures and a lot of the screens that MS2020 show hand-picked spots. but the technology is very similar (a 1'x1' tile in photorealistic Z18 will be 32 GByte that does not get on your computer without downloading, no matter what sim you use). The truth will only be revealed when you pick random locations and then compare - not fly over London or New York. With ORBX UK for example London can look as good as FS2020.
(The buildings look definitely better in FS2020, but that also means high res textures for buildings which is not exactly cheap in terms of performance)

I personally think FS2020 can not be ignored but it will be more the Forza Motorsport of flight sims, pretty to look at with realistic puddles and lighting showcasing DX12 but also shallow and consolish.

Burning Bridges

Of course we must wait how it looks with high end mods.

Vanilla XPlane cannot hold a candle to it but it looks neither better nor worse than X-Plane with Ortho4XP.

The cockpits in MSFS are superior but the fishbowl effect on outside is extremely unrealistic, and I don't get sense of realistic view ranges. Also the lighting in the storn approach is really bad.

Direct sunlight is pretty good though.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
join the good fight and get X-Plane and DCS now

DCS is pure cancer, the Call of Duty of flight sims. Multiplayer consists of one-ships looking for a fight without any actual objective. Want a good Cold War-era flight sim, play Falcon BMS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom