Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Midway makes The Suffering freeware.

LCJr.

Erudite
http://www.bluesnews.com
Midway now freely offers the PC edition of The Suffering, Surreal Software's survival/horror game set in a penitentiary that is currently being adapted into a feature film. The free version of the [M]ature-rated game is supported by advertising, and the 1.3 GB download can be found on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, and Gamer's Hell.

I know nothing about this game, is it worth the download and the advertising?

http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=72212
http://computergames.ro/en/downloads/viewitem/id/11979/name/the-suffering-free-full-game.html
http://www.gamershell.com/news_60914.html

MasPingon

Arcane
It's a must have, great action-horror game.I remember my 10 h non stop ride with it, I was terrified and delighted. It's one of those forgotten, underrated games. Downloading it right now

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
Urgh, I'm about four levels in, and it's just FIGHT ENDLESS WAVES OF ANNOYING ENEMIES WITH USELESS GUNS, FIND ROOM WITH IMPROBABLE AMOUNTS OF HEALING ITEMS AND AMMO, FIGHT MORE ENDLESS WAVES. Does it get any better? This is not how you make a horror game.

Well, no. The gameplay itself is srsly annoying throughout the whole game. The good aspects of the game are some of the brick-shitting moments though.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Admiral jimbob said:
Urgh, I'm about four levels in, and it's just FIGHT ENDLESS WAVES OF ANNOYING ENEMIES WITH USELESS GUNS, FIND ROOM WITH IMPROBABLE AMOUNTS OF HEALING ITEMS AND AMMO, FIGHT MORE ENDLESS WAVES. Does it get any better? This is not how you make a horror game.

Now you know why it was called The Suffering.

Mareus

Magister
I salute every company that does anything similar. Games must be preserved and this is one way to do it. Too bad the game is awful.

Suicidal

Arcane
Downloaded it, installed it, tried to launch it, keeps saying that an internet connection is required to play. Right....

Pussycat669

Liturgist
The Suffering is a game that I like to replay every 3 months or so. A better Doom 3, as I like to call it. More focused on fast paced action than horror, diverse set of enemies, fairly good sound effects (except for the shotgun maybe) and thank god complex puzzles are mostly absent (whereby for that genre I mean the amount of boxes you got to push around).

What I especially like about it is that I still discover something new from time to time. Small things like hidden locations, missed dialogue, etc. I only recently found out that there is actually an easy way to kill Burrowers with only a stick of Dynamite for example.

So yeah, I would recommend it.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
Fat Dragon said:
I played this game before a while back. I thought it was utter shit.

Me too. In other news, I have a total hard-on for Silent Hill: Homecoming - I just hope it delivers. Been waiting for a decent SH game since the third one, hopefully this'll be it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom