Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More pretty towns: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/seahaven-and-the-crag

SEAHAVEN AND THE CRAG

Last week we shared with you some information about Karthal. But you'll also visit smaller towns in Might & Magic X - Legacy. If you played the Early Access version, you're already familiar with Sorpigal-by-the-Sea. Today, let's have a sneak peek at Seahaven andthe Crag.

SEAHAVEN

Located near the Yon-Chall Forest, Seahaven is probably the most cosmopolitan town of the Agyn Peninsula, where Humans, Dwarves, Nagas and Elves cohabit in peace. An impressive fortress towers above Seahaven: it is the Windsword commandery, when one can join or recruit one of the most prestigious mercenary orders of Ashan.

"Welcome to Seahaven, Raiders. Stay out of trouble." (Seahaven City Guard)

"There are many companies of Windswords throughout the world, each having its own tradition and ethics, but we all believe in the ideals of Ylath, our patron Dragon-God."(Myranda, Windsword captain)

"Saa. It is indeed unusual to meet members of our species outside of the Lotus Empire. I arrived here a few years ago with my brother Tochiro, his wife Yayoi, and a few friends and servants. Our homeland of Hashima was at war, and the chief of our clan had sided with the wrong Daimyo. We had to look for a place to start anew." (Rinshoku, Naga banker)

THE CRAG

Once a quiet fisherman's village, the Crag is now occupied mostly by pirates and Orcs from the Savage Sea. For months its denizens have been making raids on the coasts of the Peninsula, paralysing maritime trade and adding to the general mayhem.

"Many believe the Crag to be the end of the world -- beyond, there's only ocean as far as the eye can see." (Kirk, weather wizard)

"Yuisa comes from Halaso island. Small tribe of Orcs there, Turtle tribe. Crag Hack found us while hunting Thunderbird, years ago. Turtle tribe proud to have fought at Crag Hack's side!" (Yuisa, Orc pirate)

"Ah! It's only called the Crag because of the rocky cliffs. I know there are some rumours claiming the town is named in the honour of our Pirate King, Crag Hack, but between me and you, I think old Crag Hack's been spreading these rumours himself." (Largo, seller of secondhand weapons)

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
An impressive fortress towers above Seahaven: it is the Windsword commandery, when one can join or recruit one of the most prestigious mercenary orders of Ashan.
Bah, and the mercs don't even have monocles; how can they be prestigious?

But yes, the end of the world looks nice - when can it be played already?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/interactive-objects

INTERACTIVE OBJECTS

Since we last updated the Early Access version of the game, we improved so many things in so many areas that sometimes we forget we haven’t told you about everything yet.

Without further ado, let’s discover some of the interactive objects you’ll encounter during your travels in the Agyn Peninsula!

LIQUID BARRELS

A classic of the Might & Magic series. This barrel contains a mysterious, coloured liquid that can only be used by one of your party members and will increase one of his/her attributes. Choose wisely!

There are 11 different liquids in the game. It’s up to you to discover what each of them do…

barrel.jpg

TREASURE CACHES

In a region where brigands and pirates roam free, it’s no surprises some of them have hidden their loot. Unearth those caches for easy money and a few items.

caches.jpg

FOUNTAINS

The adventurer’s best friend, a fountain restores the HP and MP of the whole party when drinking from it. However, it can only be used once per day.

fountain.jpg

CRYSTAL SHRINES

These Elemental Shrines give temporary protection against one particular element. Visiting them before facing specific enemies can save your life.

shrine.jpg

SIGNPOSTS

Sometimes, it’s easy to get lost… The signposts will help you find your way.

signpost.jpg

STATUES OF ASHA

The Maiden, the Mother and the Crone are the three faces of Asha. Praying to them will grant the party a specific buff – or cleanse them of ailments.

statues.jpg

DRAGON ALTARS

There are seven Altars scattered around the Agyn Peninsula. But what is their purpose? Something tells me there’s a mystery behind it all…

dragon_altar.jpg

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Good. This adds to the necessity not to rush through the game as much and forces the prudent player to look around a little more. Added interactivity is always a good thing.

Alchemist

Arcane
I'm getting stoked to play this . Thinking of buying it at 20% off on GetGames - but it's the Uplay version. Can anyone think of disadvantages of having just the Uplay version vs. Steam+Uplay? I'd miss out on Steam achievements I guess (don't particularly care)... but on the plus side, not be double-DRM'd.

Are they planning to release on GOG too?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
SIGNPOSTS

Sometimes, it’s easy to get lost… The signposts will help you find your way.

signpost.jpg

Sure.

STATUES OF ASHA

The Maiden, the Mother and the Crone are the three faces of Asha. Praying to them will grant the party a specific buff – or cleanse them of ailments.

statues.jpg

Inspired by A Song of Ice and Fire?

Uplay is mandatory for Ubisoft's PC releases, so no.

Sorry, Ubisoft. No sale for you!

Morphi

Augur
Quoting....

We make MMX - ask us anything on reddit!

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/we-make-mmx-ask-us-anything

Hey everyone,

Creative Designer Julien Pirou, Limbic Entertainment's CEO Stephan Winter and MMX Producer Gary Paulini will be on reddit!

Ask us anything on Friday, January 24th, from 11 a.m. EST (5 p.m. CET) on.

julien_new.jpg

Here's proof that Julien Pirou will be answering your questions on /r/IAmA

Those of you who are not familiar with reddit's /r/IAmA section can find more information here. Basically, it's a place where you can post questions and we will answer them. The crowd will decide which questions/answers are most interesting and will vote them to the top of the thread so everyone sees them first.

We would love to get lots of questions from you blog readers, so go ahead and ask us anything! Our username will be MightandMagic.

Cheers,
Your MMX team

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I was not making a Thursday joke, didn't even notice until you posted actually. I was elated at the fact that I only have ONE MORE WEEK before I play the damn thing in its full glory.

I'm having a hell of a hard time finding how to get the boxed version though. The MMXL site has drool-worthy information on what it contains, then a link to Uplay store to buy one.... and that link keeps giving me a server error. Anyone else have something more tangible?

Morphi

Augur
That sign... it reminds me of something...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom