Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Mighty No. 9 - It's better than nothing.

Machocruz

Arcane
I'd rather see a KS for a traditional Castlevania styled game, with 8 directional whip, Michiru Yamane or Masanori Adachi and Taro Kudo soundtrack, branching paths, Dragon's Crown quality 'sprites' and backgrounds. It's pretty much been the dream since consoles went HD, but Konami doesn't have the sack to do it. They'll just pump out GoW clones with generic fantasy music from now on.

dunno lah

Arcane
I'd rather see a KS for a traditional Castlevania styled game, with 8 directional whip, Michiru Yamane or Masanori Adachi and Taro Kudo soundtrack, branching paths, Dragon's Crown quality 'sprites' and backgrounds. It's pretty much been the dream since consoles went HD, but Konami doesn't have the sack to do it. They'll just pump out GoW clones with generic fantasy music from now on.

:bro::bro::bro::bro::bro::bro::bro::bro::bro::bro:
Should I punch you some more? :D

Caim

Arcane
For those of you with a Classic Mega Man itch to scratch, I know of a pair of games that might be interesting to you.

First is Day in the Limelight, a series where you play as the Robot Masters from Mega Man 1, 2 and 3 through the stages of Mega Man 2, 3 and 4. The first two games are done, the third is WIP.

The second is for you old-school shooter fans: Mega Man 8-bit Death Match is a multiplayer FPS based on a mod for the DOOM 2 engine. This one is designed for multiplayer, but there is a single player mode with bot support. The game is not done yet, characters from up to Mega Man 8 are in the game alongside their weapons. This also includes a number of more obscure MM characters such as the special bosses from the Gameboy MM bosses. So if you like how DOOM 2 plays you might like this.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
He doesn't look at all like the old megaman at all.
Not that it could. But I really dislike his happy kid look. Which kind of reminds of "teen in mecha saves the world".

Maybe I'm just too attached to this:
Mega-man-2.jpg

Well, even though you can imagine those basic graphics however you want (it's the reason people who are allergic to weeaboo can play Final Fantasy 1), apart from the early american NES covers it was long decided that the above actually represents this.

tumblr_mc96ueyPrx1r8pmguo1_500.jpg

As for me, I prefer redesigns that don't stray so far from the original that it becomes something else entirely. Like this, for example.

mega_man_tribute__tengu_man_by_nidaram-d3n3dgk.jpg

MM8 was always my favorite MM game. From what I remember, the soundtrack was really good, and there was an element of loss and betrayal in the plot as well. Mid to late 90's for videogames had a good theme going there for a minute.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
How come RPS and Shitaco haven't made a stink about how this project is another example of the Patriarchy oppressing women by labeling the female protagonist as 'Call girl'? :troll:

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
How come RPS and Shitaco haven't made a stink about how this project is another example of the Patriarchy oppressing women by labeling the female protagonist as 'Call girl'? :troll:

Because they're all a bunch of early 90's console fags. This is holy ground for them; it's probably causing them considerable cognitive dissonance to deal with it, especially alongside the fact that:

Call was not imbued with the human characteristics that make Beck unique, so she’s more of a pure robot

lulz. I expect a mention in Cockseesian's next video though.

kaizoku

Arcane
just checking my KS... starred projects and 2h to go
browsing updates...

* hate the art direction
* not excited about the prototype

!

MEGA MAN 2 COMPOSER TAKASHI TATEISHI IS OFFICIALLY ON BOARD FOR MIGHTY NO. 9!!!!!! :D

:hmmm:

C&C time

Caim

Arcane
Fans are upset because the girlfriend of one of the developers has been appointed as community manager, and she mentioned she had some ideas (just ideas) about having female characters in the game.

The people interpreted this as THE FEMINAZIS ARE GONNA TAKE AWAY OUR BALLS.

deuxhero

Arcane
And used her powers to vandalize the postings of someone who politely disagreed with her and played only 1 Megaman game.

Yeah, I'd be pissed if I donated too.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Thankfully, there's a good deal of blacklash against this cunt on the forum with several users demanding she be canned and some have even withdrawn their donation I heard.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Fans are upset because the girlfriend of one of the developers has been appointed as community manager, and she mentioned she had some ideas (just ideas) about having female characters in the game.

The people interpreted this as THE FEMINAZIS ARE GONNA TAKE AWAY OUR BALLS.
So we have not only a SJW feminist, but also a nepotist? :eek:

image.png

image.png

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
They should have stuck with an all Japanese crew, then nothing like this would ever have happened.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'd rather this, I'd rather that, blablabla.

This looks fucking great. Love the concept art.

Edit: successful Japanese Kickstarter (and holy shit at their all-star team) opens the doors to Chrono Trigger 2, etc. This thread / link made my day.

Heck, once done with Drakengard 3, they might Kickstart Nier 2...

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Very, but there's a lot more you could tell, and even if not, by Nier 2 I mean the same thing as I mean with Chrono Trigger 2: a spiritual sequel, not really a continuation. Nier has a completely different mood from Drakengard and I'd like it if that mood could be captured again, maybe varied.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Jasede I highly doubt Square Enix would ever allow for a new proper Nier or Crhnono Trigger, they're determined to drag all of their ips into irrelevancy with mobile shit these days.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Heck, once done with Drakensang 3, they might Kickstart Nier 2...
I don't know the story of Nier, but didn't that game have an extremely definitive "true ending"?
Very, but there's a lot more you could tell, and even if not, by Nier 2 I mean the same thing as I mean with Chrono Trigger 2: a spiritual sequel, not really a continuation. Nier has a completely different mood from Drakengard and I'd like it if that mood could be captured again, maybe varied.

It does have a definitive ending but...

A prequel would be cool.

Set during the last days of humanity before the Replicant program is activated. There's a whole ton of backstory events during that time mentioned in the game itself and Grimoire Nier, humanity's last stand against disease and monstrosities that seeped through from Caim's world, and whatnot. It could be really cool.

And depressing, since we all know exactly what happens to humanity.

Last edited:
Um, that shit doesn't solve anything. It runs away from the gender role stuff instead of dealing with it.

Not necessarily, friend. Once we all see each other as sexless genderless blobs of meat, gender roles will disappear out of obsolescence. If it doesn't exist, you don't need to think about it.

...now, what about them Megamans, uh?

Sul

Savant
It goes like this: project is successfully backed, then random Lebanese woman that lives in Japan introduces herself to the community at first as community manager (the person that tells the devs what the backers want) and later as designer. She posts a horrible concept art (horrible in the sense of retarded art style, not badly drawn) and suggests that main character's gender should be flipped. Backers starts to get suspicious and research her history and discovers that she is one of them crazy social justice warriors. Even worse, she never played Megaman before and only got the job because of her boyfriend.
Then people, concerned about the project they invested, starts to ask questions regarding her involvement with the project, she ignores them (remember, she is the CM, her job is to answer these questions) and only answers to the most inane questions ("what is your favorite pie?" and similar stuff). The community starts to get nervous, mods starts to edit or simply delete whole threads without explanation and no one wants to provide an answer. Bans everywhere and now the place is worse than Bioware forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXDSfUJBCj0

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom