Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
What I'm planning is building a space station...with docks...

And then people can build their spaceships, docked onto the station.....

Or something...

Idunno...

Luzur

Good Sir
garren said:
Sure.
deus101 said:
And keep it collective/centralized.
There's was some talk about a starter town where new players would spawn when logging in or dying & respawning. How bout we make that in the beginning. I propose DU build the town hall. I reserve building the blacksmith.

Whoever's good with redstone can build boosters and railway stations and shit that go into different directions. Temaperacl? Inz?

The rest of you faggots can fight over the scraps :smug:

why not make that in the builder mode?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I want a floating castle, although I'm sure I'll never biuld something as aweshum as this:

219980ss_sm2.jpg

Mister Arkham

Scholar
garren said:
Sure.
deus101 said:
There's was some talk about a starter town where new players would spawn when logging in or dying & respawning. How bout we make that in the beginning. I propose DU build the town hall. I reserve building the blacksmith.

Whoever's good with redstone can build boosters and railway stations and shit that go into different directions. Temaperacl? Inz?

I would be up for a community project like this. I seem to remember there being some conversation about such a thing before (a slum district built in the shadow of the floating coliseum), but I think it got sidelined waiting for some update or another. Doing something fairly grounded at the spawn area could make for a really inviting converging point for players before they strike off for the hinterlands. Just a well constructed town center and maybe a big, communal mine shaft.

After that, though, I'm considering a modest undersea homestead.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Luzur said:
i tried that, impossible without flying.

I've pulled off a couple of floating structures in adventure mode. Nothing on quite that scale, but it's very doable. There are tricks to it like everything else in this game.

Mostly, though, it's just difficult as fuck.

deus101

Bah its not impossible or that hard...

I build my battlecruiser remember.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Which is why it would be p. cool to have IC² SMP on the server once that comes out, no more dirt scaffoldings needed.

A lot of the bigger servers seem to have sort of themed towns, ie. for a medieval town you only build in that style (and that includes max. view distance, so no space pirate ships on the visible horizon).

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
IC2 looks insanely good so far, I'm willing to put it on the server when it comes out, just keep in mind that you'll need a modded client to join it.

Secretninja

Cipher
My retarded brother gave his faggot friends creative mode and they had a field day burning down and exploding everything. I haven't exactly been diligent with backing shit up, so your town is gone luzur. Decided to switch over to 1.9 pre release, so thats what it is running now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
if the game isn't adventure mode without any cheats then glorious constructs don't mean shit

Temaperacl

Erudite
garren said:
Sure.
deus101 said:

I'd be in for something like this.

Luzur

Good Sir
Secretninja said:
My retarded brother gave his faggot friends creative mode and they had a field day burning down and exploding everything. I haven't exactly been diligent with backing shit up, so your town is gone luzur. Decided to switch over to 1.9 pre release, so thats what it is running now.

doesnt matter much, since its just temp. map anyway.

deus101

IC would be wonderfull...

If you could get buildcraft also...that would be shagtastic...and if you could get the Red Power Mod

that would be shaggariffic.

I

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I agree with Zed, some mods just make it all to easy and take all the challenge/reward away of making glorious & impossible stuff.

deus101

With stuff like Buildcraft and IC that is not the case, yes, you can mass produce stuff, but that just means you can use it to make more stuff.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
garren said:

Yeah that would be nifty, not that boosters are necessary (or even possible) anymore - it's just a matter of wiring the central so that it allows for multiple destinations AND allows for easy expansion for future places, too.

felipepepe said:
I agree with Zed, some mods just make it all to easy and take all the challenge/reward away of making glorious & impossible stuff.

IC's no cheat mod - if anything it's much harder and more time-consuming to make all the tier 3 (endgame) stuff that it has. In vanilla Minecraft, once you get some diamond gear you're pretty much done.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
DU, a creeper may or may not have blown away the wall of your townhouse a little bit. Tried to repair the damage as best as I could, but wouldn't hurt to have a second look if I messed up. Sorry about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom