Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

Luzur

Good Sir
Turisas said:
Military service doesn't count Luzur, you know that.

IT DOES

>:U

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I don't know nothing bout that....I wasnt fit for service according to the draft board :smug:

*Thanks ADHD*

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Spent 2 hours mining, interesting how I'll reflect on activities like this in my senior years.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Hoaxmetal said:
Spent 2 hours mining, interesting how I'll reflect on activities like this in my senior years.

You'll be telling those young whippersnappers how in your youth you had to dig blocks by hand, and not have massive mining equipment like the youngins can construct in Holo-Minecraft IX.

Luukw1 broke the server. :rpgcodex:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Server is down, gotta do some rearrangements here before I bring it back up. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it today tho.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Latest info btw:

1.6 officially has a release date of “not soon”. The main features will be the maps, bug fixes, and now a functioning Nether in multiplayer.

So basically nothing to look forward to (Nether still won't have a real point apart from quicker travel, and the dynmap Muty has setup is much nicer).

deus101

If the update fucks up with our nether thats gonna be a bitch.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I think the bukkit modders actually helped Mojang with getting nether to work in SMP, but yeah it'll probably fuck up everything.

Don't think anyone's build anything apart from walkways there yet tho? Not a huge loss really.

deus101

The Hyperspace highways are awsomeness in itself.

Wobbler

Educated
No worries, Minecraft is gonna come out in November!
Then we can play a real game instead of a beta!

Luzur

Good Sir
i dug a tunnel straight through a huge hill in the nether, but i got bored after that and went home.

also, Pigmen work again, its no longer lonely in the Nether.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Seems to be bad block lag rearing it's ugly head again - possible map corruption somewhere?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
DarkUnderlord said:
Seems to be bad block lag rearing it's ugly head again - possible map corruption somewhere?

The world was corrupted, but it happaned after it went down yesterday. I restored the bad chunks from the last backup before it went down. Everything should be good now.

Turisas said:
There's certainly some map gen errors near the edges of the map - whether that's relevant or not I've no idea.

http://i.imgur.com/pn1t3.jpg

That's actually a problem with the dynmap plugin, not the world. Currently I'm using the webserver that is built in the plugin to publish it. Problem is that it is shitting itself all over as it was never intended to be used for such heavy load(The images for the map are around 3GB). What I'm going to do now is publish the map using a proper web server. It should run much better that way and it will eliminate the problem with the misplaced/black chunks that you can see now.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Muty said:
That's actually a problem with the dynmap plugin, not the world.

Those same errors (or whatever you want to call them) exist in the world too - at least the few that I've gone to look at - not just on the snapshot of the world.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
That's from some old map corruption ages ago. Where chunks seem to have been regenerated and look out of place.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes, please let Prosper join. I have some frustration to vent.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I'm not online building a pyramid. This is a travesty! Can't connect. :/

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
It might be up, but there's really bad lag for popping blocks. Dig a block, wait for it to pop it's collectable, it doesn't - it reappears instead. You then have to dig the same area 4 or 5 times to get it to actually pop. I was digging large areas of sand and I'd go along a row, before being popped back to the start of the row and watching as all the blocks I'd just dug reappeared in front of me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom