Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview More Bethesda PR bullshit

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Pete Hines said:
It's very much a game where the player get's to decide what their story is going to be. We let you pick and choose your path through the game and consequently it's a different experience for everyone who plays it.
If that's what he realy thinks, then Fallout 3 is doomed.

Oh wait, we knew that already.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If other gaming sites think that people are still interested in hearing what Pete Hines has to say, why shouldn't the Codex link to it?"

And, I thought the whole point of the Codex was to be *different* from other websites; not to do things just because other sites do it. That's pathetic.

ratata

Novice
Guys enough with the negative stuff already! Its obvioulsy all a front trying to cover up some mixed emotions I really dont believe any of you really feel the way you portray towards Bethesda. If so then there wouldnt even be threads about them or thier "assumed gonna be crappy future FO3 release" the same ones who talk bad are the ones who obviuosly just cant let it go and move on with life!

:roll:
Just remember, no matter how much the negatively obsessed FO fans talk bad about Bethesda,
Bethesda still has them by the balls, because everyone is gonna buy FO3 when its released, yea it may suck or may not but, by then it will be too late because you already purchased the game and put money into Bethesda's own Todd and Petes pockets, the same guys that some love to hate.

So why even complain and bitch when you know for a fact as soon as the game hits the shelves you will be first in line to grab a copy !No?
Why will people buy it? Because its better than nothing and FO fans have been craving new FO material for how long now?
Come on guys lets be honest with ourselves!

Thats exactly why I dispise NMA and all its followers, because you guys are are just bullshitting yourselves like your not gonna buy FO3 even if it does turn out to be a crap game.

Dont fake the funk!
"Ohh Bethesda this Bethesda that" waah wwahh .they suck and are mean because they wont tell you all enough info about FO3 so you can critisize and bitch even more"

Wannhah wahh you all bitch all day about how FO3 is gonna to be so bad, but yet you all gather and fester and would probably give a lung for any new information and gossip you can get because you have grown so bitter and ate up inside and obsessed that its more of a "WE LOVE TO HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH BETHESDA!"No?

As seeing so many threads about Pete,Todd and Bethesda and F03 posted everyday by the same people its obvious that some people cant let it go and really have mixed feelings about the whole F03 situation.
NMA talks so much crap about Bethesda but I bet if Bethesda even thought about offering to talk to them, the once skeptical rebellious NMA guys would quickly turn into brown nosing, we love Bethesda, type of people.

When FO3 is released Im sure we will se a whole change of attitude toward Bethesda, even if it does suck ..you really cant say much because your dumb asses actually bought the game!

SO NMA JUST GO AHEAD AND GIVE UP THE WHOLE TOUGH GUY ACT AND JUST BE HONEST WITH YOURSELVES!

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
Volourn said:
"If other gaming sites think that people are still interested in hearing what Pete Hines has to say, why shouldn't the Codex link to it?"

And, I thought the whole point of the Codex was to be *different* from other websites; not to do things just because other sites do it. That's pathetic.

Yes, that's the entire point of the Codex. The point of the Codex has nothing to do with covering RPG's and giving you news with cynical commentary. And of course I implied that the Codex should do things because other sites do the same thing, because of course linking to an interview and providing cynical commentary and discussion is equivalent to publishing the original interview itself. If they weren't the same, surely you would be bright enough to understand the difference.

Kraszu

Prophet
ratata said:
Bethesda still has them by the balls, because everyone is gonna buy FO3 when its released, yea it may suck or may not but, by then it will be too late because you already purchased the game and put money into Bethesda's own Todd and Petes pockets, the same guys that some love to hate.!

I didn't brough Oblivion or played it, and if FO3 turn out to be crap I will not buy it either, and I see no reason to. I have enough information on forums to decide.

ratata said:
Why will people buy it? Because its better than nothing and FO fans have been craving new FO material for how long now?

Jist becouse it has Fallout slapped on box it doesn't mean that it is FO matterial.

ratata said:
Wannhah wahh you all bitch all day about how FO3 is gonna to be so bad, but yet you all gather and fester and would probably give a lung for any new information and gossip you can get because you have grown so bitter and ate up inside and obsessed that its more of a "WE LOVE TO HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH BETHESDA!"No?

I like to be amused, I had fun whit post about Oblivious and jikes about it. There is no ideology behind it for me.

ratata said:
As seeing so many threads about Pete,Todd and Bethesda and F03 posted everyday by the same people its obvious that some people cant let it go and really have mixed feelings about the whole F03 situation.

That is stupid it is like saing that hippies have mixed feelings about the war becouse they can't stop talking about it.

ratata said:
NMA talks so much crap about Bethesda but I bet if Bethesda even thought about offering to talk to them, the once skeptical rebellious NMA guys would quickly turn into brown nosing, we love Bethesda, type of people.

So you accuse people of not being blinded by hate and being able to change they opinions based on facts?

Globbi

Augur
ratata: As for now a vast majority of peopl here or on NMA aren't going to uy F3. I unfortunatelly (as opposite to most guys here) have bought Oblivion and I'm not going to do the same mistake again.

As much as Bethesda is hated that much is everyone waiting for them to start a dialogue. Beth, however, doesn't give any sign of good will, instead we have the same annoying bullshit from their side all the time. One of reasons of all those negative opinions on Bethesda is that THEY DON'T offer to talk! Why shouldn't the opinions change when they change?

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Bethesda's hype machine shifts into high gear, spreading <a>misinformation</a> all over the internet.

<blockquote><b>Can you give us a quick overview for any Oblivion virgins out there?</b>

Pete Hines: Oblivion is basically a big fantasy sandbox. It's a roleplaying game where we put you into this huge fantasy world and you get to decide what kind of character you want to play and where you want to go. <u>It's very much a game where the player get's to decide what their story is going to be. We let you pick and choose your path through the game and consequently it's a different experience for everyone who plays it.</u> It's this freedom that has made Oblivion so successful to date.</blockquote>Wait, so it's not an uber linear game where your actions don't affect the story at all?
That it doesn't affect the story doesn't make what he says wrong. The sandbox element is still there, and yes, you can very much write your own story, very different from a game like e.g. KOTOR. That it could be much more satisfying by improving the internal logic of the gameworld and allowing actual conseqeunces is another matter entirely.
<blockquote><b>Is the freedom the only thing that differentiates it from other RPGs?</b>

Pete Hines: Visually it's a pretty stunning game. We do some things graphically that not just other RPGs but other games don't do. The combat system works well. There's an organic sense that you get from the NPCs because of the AI system we use to move them around the world in a way that feels very realistic - <u>for example they stop and have conversations with each other. Oblivion does really well because all the constituent parts have been produced brilliantly by some really talented people</u>.</blockquote>I saw a mudcrab the other day!
RAI needs a lot of work and fails to be on par even with the early Gothics or even U7. Nevertheless, it still beats a lot of other games that do not even try to do scheduling.

<blockquote><b>What's Bethesda's next project for PS3?</b>

Pete Hines: We recently announced we were doing Rogue Warrior, which is our return to first person shooters which we haven't done since back in the nineties with some of the Terminator games we did.</blockquote>What do you think Oblivion was then?
Whatever it was, it wasn't a shooter. I suppose you realize that?

obediah

Erudite
Fallout 3 may be the killer app that makes me get a PS3. I've heard the MP is going to be totally extreme, and put Shadowrunners on the 3shitty to shame.

Briosafreak

Augur
That was sadly underwhelming, even for a troll.

Yep, I agree.

One of reasons of all those negative opinions on Bethesda is that THEY DON'T offer to talk!

It's getting real close to the point when they will start to talk

Emil at DAC said:
So I guess I'll take this opportunity to say -- hey guys! Still reading (everything). Can't promise I'll be a continuing presence until I'm at liberty to actually say something about the game, but information is coming (and probably sooner than you think).

So until then, keep guessing, hypothesizing, loving, hating, and -- of course -- posting.

Ashley said:
Lots of important milestones are heading into the finish line at work. I have a few weblog entries saved up, ready to publish when the time comes.

Todd Howard said:
been full steam for a while now, and preproduction is coming to an end and we hope to show it off soon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom