Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview More Pete on GameGestapo

plin

Liturgist
And on the topic. This announcement is only for business, it wasn't to show off the game. Get some stock up. They have been talking about the game for maybe a week. This PR guy gives some interviews cause all these gaming sites have a hard-on, but your surprised he's not saying much, or what he's saying doesn't nessicarily come to be truth in the long run (for instance the non-isometric answer), why is this surprising?

Took this from NMA:
"Actually the press release was announcing that Bethesda had secured the rights to create Fallout 3 and subsequent sequels. The press release does not announce the game nor any specifics about it -- it's a business announcement. And it had to be made, because it is important and affects more than one company.

This information is all brand-new. It's something that only became known to many of us at Bethesda a couple weeks ago, and only became official last week. We have also been very busy working on non-Fallout related projects. Any thought that has gone into what a Fallout 3 developed by Bethesda Softworks is minimal at best, and it is going to be quite some time before you hear anything else about it, because quite frankly we haven't even had a CHANCE to think much about what we're going to do with this new franchise.

Anything that's said about the game now -- features, game systems, camera style, gameplay style, platforms, etc.
>>>>>>>>>> is 100% speculation. NO DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE<<<<<<<<<<<<<

So have patience. As soon as we know more and are prepared to make a detailed unveiling, we will let you know. But don't be surprised if that day is a ways off."

I'm not optimistic about this game, nor am I pessimistic. I don't see much of a reason to be either with the information that we have now.

plin

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
Granted. Though you probably shouldn't quote me. That makes me ... edgy. *twitches*

heh, I'll remember next time.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
hussar said:
same thing, they guy, the pr...why bg?...god knows why?...most likely when one mentiones isometric games bg comes to mind...it sold a lot A LOT, so a lot more "common folk" know about it than about fallout...

No, because it would have looked even worse if Pete had said, "We're not going to suddenly make a top-down isometric game like Fallout because that's not what we do best." when he's talking about making Fallout 3. Get a fucking clue.

plin said:
And on the topic. This announcement is only for business, it wasn't to show off the game. Get some stock up.

I didn't think Bethesda was a public company.

plin

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
hussar said:
same thing, they guy, the pr...why bg?...god knows why?...most likely when one mentiones isometric games bg comes to mind...it sold a lot A LOT, so a lot more "common folk" know about it than about fallout...

No, because it would have looked even worse if Pete had said, "We're not going to suddenly make a top-down isometric game like Fallout because that's not what we do best." when he's talking about making Fallout 3. Get a fucking clue.

plin said:
And on the topic. This announcement is only for business, it wasn't to show off the game. Get some stock up.

I didn't think Bethesda was a public company.

I would think it would be for IPLY's dwindling stock.

suibhne

Erudite
Volourn said:
Nah. FOBOS wasn't that bad. Not great; but a nice little actiony game. More challenging then the BGDA series of games (but not as good). LOL

Are you a human being or a script?

Avin

Liturgist
"Are you a human being or a script?"

he is a brainwashed bioweenie and he can't be serious about fobos. are you, volo?

Quigs

Magister
Checked up on bethesda, cant find stocks on em anywhere, looks like Saint is right.

I think the whole MW-FO3 thing might be pretty great actually. Morrowind as an RPG sucked. But no sane person denies that the exploration of the game was a great selling point, and worked rather well. Most of the fallout universe is desolate wasteland, comparable to the ashlands region of morrowind. Its not much of a stretch to use the same methods of land mass generation.

triCritical

Erudite
Quigs said:
I think the whole MW-FO3 thing might be pretty great actually. Morrowind as an RPG sucked. But no sane person denies that the exploration of the game was a great selling point, and worked rather well. Most of the fallout universe is desolate wasteland, comparable to the ashlands region of morrowind. Its not much of a stretch to use the same methods of land mass generation.

Yeah except instead of using the radar map, they are going to make you walk through the wasteland for miles and miles at a time.

Quigs

Magister
Possibly. But the orignal fallouts really had no reason to have standard locations for non quest encounters. A few raider caves, looted highways, etc. may not be such a bad thing.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I'm serious about FOBOS. it was mostc ertainly better than FOT, and most definitely more fun than the crap that Bethseda has produced.

That is all.

triCritical

Erudite
Quigs said:
Possibly. But the orignal fallouts really had no reason to have standard locations for non quest encounters. A few raider caves, looted highways, etc. may not be such a bad thing.

And there is no reason why you could not do this with radar map.

Quigs

Magister
Can you show me where you found the info on this radar thing? You may be right, it just seems odd that information like that would be known by us common folk, two days after the company recieved the rights.

EEVIAC

Erudite
hussar said:
we're talking about rpg's

So am I. If the static NPC's, the large explorable world filled with pointless beasts, and the uber character development of Morrowind qualifies it as an RPG, than D2 and Morrowind are two peas in a pod. The Sims actually has character and gameworld interactions, so its the odd game out.

Rosh

Erudite
plin said:
They have been talking about the game for maybe a week.

Actually, it was for a lot longer than that. And uh...who pays that much money on something without any previous idea of what they are going to do with it?

plin

Liturgist
Rosh said:
plin said:
They have been talking about the game for maybe a week.

Actually, it was for a lot longer than that. And uh...who pays that much money on something without any previous idea of what they are going to do with it?

Maybe they know but they don't want to talk about it. And what was it, two weeks then? You think all they have down that they know they want to do is "uhhh... it's too early to say... uhhh... it's too early to say", they have a general idea.

Maybe they don't want to talk about the game until they have something to actually show?

But whatever, I don't know. It doesn't seem logical that they don't have anything after weeks. They probably just aren't saying. I don't see why they should start now when the games not gonna come out for another 2-3 years. Also, it doesn't make sense to pay all that money to buy a liscence then just fuck over the fanbase with a shitty game.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
They've been bidding with Interplay since December, so we're talking seven months here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom