Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal Kombat 1 Reboot

https://www.mortalkombat.com

https://www.ign.com/articles/mortal-kombat-12-confirmed-for-2023-release

Warner Bros. Discovery made the announcement during its earnings call today. A clip from the call that's being passed around Twitter includes confirmation from Andrew Slabin, Warner Bros. Discovery's executive vice president of global investor strategy, that Mortal Kombat 12 is slated for 2023.

"And there's lots more to come, including the highly-anticipated Mortal Kombat 12 and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, games also set for release this year with amibitious launch projections," Slabin said.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I guess some voice actors will get extra work.

Shouldn't they all wear masks? They might have to fight a big covid alien.

I recall FRUA had some artists who did some xmen but i don't recall if anyone made MK sprites. I'll gave to check.

Last edited:
https://www.ign.com/articles/mortal-kombat-12-confirmed-for-2023-release

Warner Bros. Discovery made the announcement during its earnings call today. A clip from the call that's being passed around Twitter includes confirmation from Andrew Slabin, Warner Bros. Discovery's executive vice president of global investor strategy, that Mortal Kombat 12 is slated for 2023.

"And there's lots more to come, including the highly-anticipated Mortal Kombat 12 and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, games also set for release this year with amibitious launch projections," Slabin said.

Wonder if this is how they meant to announce it? Probably has a big showing during E3 time, then comes out sometime during October and November...given the title, October sounds right. There was on four months and twelve days between the announcement of MK11 at the Game Awards and its release in April.

I guess it’s also always possible they announce it during the June E3 time, then it just comes out in July. But end of year, (looks like the Switch version of Hogwarts Legacy is coming out in July) before Christmas sounds more likely.

Melcar

Arcane
All these guest characters and crossovers are getting tiring. Just more excuses not to make their own original characters and balloon up their rooster.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We did get new original characters. They were *all* terrible. Who actually likes the kombat kids or Kollector? D'Vorah and Cetrion are ok, I guess.

We did get new original characters. They were *all* terrible. Who actually likes the kombat kids or Kollector? D'Vorah and Cetrion are ok, I guess.
That's part of why they do it. They are creatively bankrupt.

They do it because they sell, simple as that. A small handful of people might bitch about guest characters, but they wouldn’t be doing them if people weren’t buying them.

That's the moment when they sould realize that TONS of great characters are at hand - just bring back 3D era roster Havik, Kira, Ken 'Kobra' Masters, Taven, Daegon, Sareena, Hsu Hao, Onaga, Moloch etc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Havik is cool and I'd like to see him come back, but the others are non-entities. Who even remembers that Kobra exists, lol.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Only one.

bio_mokap.jpg

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

That's the moment when they sould realize that TONS of great characters are at hand - just bring back 3D era roster Havik, Kira, Ken 'Kobra' Masters, Taven, Daegon, Sareena, Hsu Hao, Onaga, Moloch etc.
Exactly.
Sure, some of those characters aren't that great, but they were present in previous MK games. Still better than adding characters from other franchises.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If I were to guess, guest characters sell better or are safer.

Some? Deadly Alliance introduced 11 new characters and Kenshi is the only good one of the bunch. There’s like maybe three characters of that Xbox/PS2 era of Mortal Kombat games that are good enough to warrant a return.

Hsu Hao looks like a Chinese Leather Daddy in the background of a ‘90s comic. He looks like like he’s going to fight in a underground martial arts tournament, and more like he’s going to fuck in some underground sex dungeon. His design sucked, his attacks sucked, even just his idle animation sucked.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Some? Deadly Alliance introduced 11 new characters and Kenshi is the only good one of the bunch. There’s like maybe three characters of that Xbox/PS2 era of Mortal Kombat games that are good enough to warrant a return.

Hsu Hao looks like a Chinese Leather Daddy in the background of a ‘90s comic. He looks like like he’s going to fight in a underground martial arts tournament, and more like he’s going to fuck in some underground sex dungeon. His design sucked, his attacks sucked, even just his idle animation sucked.
Then bring back other characters, like the three chicks you fight in MK: Mythologies Sub-Zero, who were Quan Chi's assassins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom