Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Aemar

Arcane

Last edited:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Announced for Switch as well? What is it going to be like a super scaled back version that runs like shit. But it will still sell because Switch owners will buy anything. Luckily I only have like 5 games for Switch and none of them are multiplats

New character is shit.

Sonya and Skarlet - another wasted slots :/

But.... KABAL!

DxIvqUvW0AAe_xD.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

Geras looks like something they could've made Tremor into, just looks like a shitty cross between Kotal and Tremor.

Sonya is one of those original characters that I never cared about, I never thought she was anything special and she looks as bland as ever. Skarlet has one of those dyke hairstyles but turning her into some crazy blood sorceress is cool I'll give it that. Baraka coming back is cool, hopefully they don't make him into the story mode bitch he has been since MK9. Don't care for the new villain, Kronika or whatever. Has no visual appeal.

Apparently Kabal is returning so that's badass, but I'm disappointed in who they revealed thus far. I was expecting Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung and seeing Liu Kang have a flaming skull modification makes me lose hope on seeing Shang and I could see them doing some shit like using the gear cosmetics to have Sub Zero look like Noob.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Let me guess. I clicked on reveal video and there are some retards reacting to trailer. My jewtube about to be infested by asmongold again?

Generic-Giant-Spider

By the way, I shit on a lot of streamers and YouTubers but Maximilian Dood and Kenny are actually super fucking cool dudes. I used to play them in sets for hours in MvC3 and MK9 respectively. Really down to Earth.

Nathir

Liturgist
Animations are still dogshit. Fatalities are still overdesigned as fuck. The new character looks like he came from Injustice. ''Preorder now to get the coolest char''.

That's a hard pass from me.

Aemar

Arcane
Skarlet has one of those dyke hairstyles but turning her into some crazy blood sorceress is cool I'll give it that.

She looks like Vice from KOF.
Charlize-Theron-in-Monster.jpg

First MK game that breaks with the tradition when it comes to the appearance of the female characters. Both Sonya and Skarlet look more plain/SJWish even than some of the really bad MK cosplayers out there.

The new character looks like he came from Injustice. ''Preorder now to get the coolest char''.
Everything they showed us has a massive Injustice vibe attached to it.

I was expecting Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung and seeing Liu Kang have a flaming skull modification makes me lose hope on seeing Shang and I could see them doing some shit like using the gear cosmetics to have Sub Zero look like Noob.

Noob, Shang, Jade, Fujin are most requested characters according to many polls so there's no way they miss this geam.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I must be honest here. I was expecting a more lazy thing but I'm surprised with the result. The animations are way better now, the characters don't try to hit their oponents leaning towards. Now move their centre of gravity. For those who doesn't see any sense from what I'm talking about:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I was expecting Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung and seeing Liu Kang have a flaming skull modification makes me lose hope on seeing Shang and I could see them doing some shit like using the gear cosmetics to have Sub Zero look like Noob.

Noob, Shang, Jade, Fujin are most requested characters according to many polls so there's no way they miss this geam.

I hope so. The stage they showcased was called "Shang Tsung's Ruins" or something so that gives a sliver of hope.

No idea why Fujin has this big following. Do people really want that jobber over Smoke or Sektor?

No idea why Fujin has this big following. Do people really want that jobber over Smoke or Sektor?

Heh? He's pretty unique, wind-based variation of Raiden and fits lore so much better than overrated, generic characters like Sonya, Cage, Jax or that awful pack of Kombat Kids. Plus, he's now a natural candidate for Batman against Dark Raiden (Evil Super) if we compare things to Injustice.

BTW since MK11 mixed timeline maybe we'll receive both human and cyborg Smoke? I wish for the latter with Deception alt / Armageddon primary costume.

Vityaz

Augur
All the faces looks fucking weird, especially Cassie and Sonya.

Although to be fair, it wouldn't be the first time when their characters look like crap in the early ingame footage, but end up much better in the final game (like Cassie in MKX or Supergirl in IJ2)

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
xfcjlI2.jpg

No wonder the character models look weird. The guy on the left works for Netherrealm, but I guess that's your typical US game developing employee nowadays.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
By the way, I shit on a lot of streamers and YouTubers but Maximilian Dood and Kenny are actually super fucking cool dudes. I used to play them in sets for hours in MvC3 and MK9 respectively. Really down to Earth.
The only streamer I'm subscibed to on Youtube is Max, he is just such a sympathetic guy.

Vityaz

Augur

The customization is pretty interesting. Also looks like you can (somewhat) make Sonya look like her UMK3 version?

GrainWetski

Arcane
xfcjlI2.jpg

No wonder the character models look weird. The guy on the left works for Netherrealm, but I guess that's your typical US game developing employee nowadays.
I seem to remember them talking about having "realistic" female characters last time around. Realistic as in how the average "woman" looks in the retarded dev/journo clique.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-x-female-characters-will-be-more-rea/1100-6425276/

Remember kids, Mortal Kombat has always been about realism.
"The mantra for this game has always been realism; heading towards a more realistic look," NetherRealm's production manager Spiro Anagnostakos said. "So the same thing applies to the proportions where we try to bring things back in per se to where they should be."

Generic-Giant-Spider

I bet you Baraka's intro where he kills the lizard is some cute way of them saying "Reptile isn't in the game."

I like Baraka, but that fucking jobber better not have replaced the OG Argonian.

Squid

Arbiter
I just want Noob Saibot dammit. Also, that customization shit is probably going to a loot box system or something. I skipped Injustice 2 for this reason. I love Mortal Kombat for it's over the top absurdity and whatnot but they better not bring this stupid shit in.

I bet you Baraka's intro where he kills the lizard is some cute way of them saying "Reptile isn't in the game."

I like Baraka, but that fucking jobber better not have replaced the OG Argonian.

Both are jobbers, enough of them. Give me Havik, Frost, Sareena, Kira, Ken Masters Kobra, Drahmin, Onaga, Blaze, Taven, Daegon, Hsu Hao, Reiko and bipedal Motaro instead.

My predictions are: Noob, Jade, Shang, Smoke, Kabal, Rain, Havik, Frost, Li Mei, Goro/Onaga, Sareena, Fujin, Daegon, Doomguy, Ash Williams.

BTW leaks were at least true with Kronika and Geras so another new characters are Dominic / Deadrick (son of Kano from his MKX ending) and Reina (new in Kotal's Army).

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess every Mortal Kombat game needs to crank up the excess a little bit more. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
One fatal stab to the skull would be perfectly fine, really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom