Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Alright. So, Timo. Let's start from afar.

We've seen many petitioners in the waiting room. Who are all these people? What exactly is Timo's official and unofficial roles in running the kingdom that so many people turn to him for aid or for business? What do they want? More than that, we've seen some people from beyond the kingdom, and there are things in his chambers from all over the world. Is he also some kind of a Foreign Affairs minister? Is there even an official MFA in the kingdom?

Where did he get Ermine's wood and a bird from the Twelve Duns? Does he have connections with Fir'Bolgs and Berserks? What about Skrael?

Can we browse his book collection while we talk? I would like to see what the Prince entertains himself with in his spare time. What are the books he has on theology? And what is this about the new 'natural philosophy'? Is it about what we refer to as the 'laws of physics' IRL?

Does he fund projects for the Royal Academy? If so, which ones?

Jan mentioned that Timo expressed interest in the latest magic theory. What areas interest him most? Why would that be, if he is not a mage himself?

There are rumors circulating about him and Jan being cultists of the Spider Goddess. It is easy to see why people talk about Jan that way, since he is doing research on the Goddess and has to work with people and artefacts related to her, but what would prompt anyone to say these things about Timo?

Moving on, can he tell us more about the establishment he chose as his headquarters? What is its purpose? It is not a simple bar, but also a private club with no clear criteria of membership. Could he at least give us a hint as to what these criteria are?

What is the deal with the paintings on the doors? What events do they depict?

Who approves the new members? Can he tell us anything about the mysterious proprietor of the 'Silver Flame'?

Come to think of it, why it the bar called that? Is there anything important in the bar related to the flame, and why is it silver?

Do the words 'shadow flame' ring a bell? Does he know anything about 'a wyrm of flame and shadow'?

Does he know about the Seekers, and what exactly? Anything about their master, their membership rites, or their agenda? Anything about previous contracts they have taken? Their reputation of never failing one did not come from nowhere, right?

Does he know what the situation is like in the South? Are there any new from his agents? Any reports on the enemy numbers, movements, or whatever happens there?

What does he know about the black riders and robed figures?

Why is he so certain that he would not die when the kingdom seems to be on the brink of destruction? Does he have contingency plans on what to do if it falls? What did he mean by the words 'should the crown itself be done away with I will remain'?

He said he can offer more information than Albrecht. Does he care to elaborate? What does he know that Albrecht does not? What can he offer us that his father could not? What resourses can he tap into? He also said that he can pay us better, where do the money come from? Does Timo have connections to the banking houses?

Does he think his father is running the kingdom inefficiently? How does this show? What would he do to make the situation better? What are his plans for the kingdom and its future, what is his vision? What would he change if he had power to do so, and what does he need to obtain that power? What did he mean, exactly, when he said that we could be doing far more good for the kingdom in his service than in his father's?

What are his thoughts on his brothers Reinhard and Jan? Does he think that they would make better rulers than Albrecht? Regardless of the answer, why does he think so?

What does he think would change in the kingdom policies should Reinhard ascend the throne? Would he see these changes as for the better or for worse?

(I know he expressed discontent with the way Albrecht runs things to Jan, and he takes great interest in the aims of his siblings. I want to get to the bottom of this)

Does he have his own agents among the Pathfinders?

He also promised us protection should we work for him. What kind of protection he had in mind that we don't already have?

He mentioned an 'odd indiscretion' when talking about our achievements. What did he imply by that?

Why is he so sure about Wenzel being an unwitting culprit? What does he know about the Weazels? Does he know if any of the runaway criminals joined their ranks after the raid onthe prison? Does he know where the ghol shaman went? Where did they capture him, anyway? What does he know about Åke, Wenzel's cultist captain? Which cult did he belong to? What about his contract, and why was he sure that the contract was false? Did the contract come from him? What was Åke's mission? Why does he think that Åke failed and that his men are already dead?

How many infiltrators does he have among the Weazels, exactly? He said that there are about a dozen cultists in Wenzel's ranks. How does he know? Which cults do they come from?

What does he know of Rand and his 'kin'? How long did he know about him, and where did he learn that? Does he know where Rand is now or what his purpose in the city seems to be? What does the Spider Cult tries to achieve?

What does he know about the Eberhardt rebellion, and the resurrected Eberhart himself? Does he have any thoughts on how to defuse the situation and expose the fake? Any ideas on where he might be hiding, or where do they operate from?

What does he know about the necromancer that escaped from the prison? What is it that the Watcher or his cult are trying to do? Why do people even join the Watcher cult? The necromancers I kind of understand, since they have nowhere to turn to, but what do others hope to gain from such an 'alliance'?

What does he know about the Great Houses? Any new information about who seems to be compromised by cultists and to what extent? How do the rest of the Houses view us? Are they curious, afraid, intrigued or angry at us? Is there anyone in partiucular to watch out for?

What does he know about Mayer?

What does he know about Lady Grey and her origins? Why did she settle here in the kingdom?

Does he know about Cuulagh or a person of a similar description, and about the mysterious archer that came to our aid during the attack on the Palace?

Does he know anything about the 'unforgotten, unforgiven' graffiti, and what it might be about?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    You certainly can, I will add it as an option.

You can pursue that option but it will be slightly different than last time. If you had chosen it last time the King would have had one to five suits of armour specially crafted for you by the Academy and his best armourers. They would have had to work for two nights and two days without a break but they would have finished them right before you left. You no longer have time for that option.

What you can do though is get them to purchase some human sized armour of your choice and do their best to alter it and reinforce it before tomorrow morning. They might even be able to put a few minor enchantments on it but nothing better than what the Brothers could get for you (the available enchantments would definitely be different but the suits would be generally equal).

Your other option is to delay your departure by a day or so and give the dwarves time to make you something like they would have the day before. That is a viable option if you are not too worried about time.

The final option is to let them take their time making you something but then you will not receive armour until you get back.

I can add any or all of these options if you wish.

Now for the questions:

He tells you that they are representatives and diplomats from across the known world. Lesser sons and daughters from some of the Great or Lesser Houses, human representatives from the families that manage the Cath Bruig, the odd Berserk emissary (though most of those refuse to wait in line), even the occasional fir'Bolg when that mysterious race wants something done discretely.

Most people have to wait for hours, maybe days, to get an audience with the Prince.

He replies that he is merely a prince of the blood and second in line to inherit the throne. He holds no other position than that but he does regularly take lunch with many of more influential individuals in the Kingdom. He hears things, sees things and knows things, all of which can help interested parties in any number of ways. As a result many come to seek his council or to offer their respects.

He smiles slightly, "You would have to ask them. Maybe they will even tell you if they think you can help them."

He shakes his head and tells you that he has no formal position in the government beyond the one he was born into. He merely does what he can to ensure that no further tragedy befalls his family, the House of Albrecht or the Kingdom.

Yes, one of the senior members of House Albrecht serves as Minister of Foreign Affairs. He is an older dwarf, Eindride by name. A good sort, traditional, likes his whiskey neat. You might meet him someday if you ever have reason to negotiate with the Kingdom on a formal level.

He smiles warmly at you and complements your keen eye, "Yes, the wood is from the Ermine and that bird over there, little Wenzel, is from the Duns. They were both gifts from their respective peoples for the discretion I demonstrated in a personal matter some time ago. As for the Skrael I am only aware of them from the few written accounts of them I have encountered, they do not seem to need anything from the outside world and so they do not trouble us as long as we do not trouble them."

Certainly, he says he would not deny a fellow lover of knowledge the chance to peruse his modest collection.

His works on theology contain a number of texts on the Spider Goddess, the formation of the dwarven race, and a number of specific theological questions relating to the nature of Wyrd, his Dreams and physical existence. You pluck one of the texts about the Goddess from its resting place and flip it open. Inside is a loving dedication from Jan to his older brother. You return the book carefully to the shelf.

Timo also has a couple texts on the nature of the Dark and the Light, the cycles of creation and ruin that mark the ages of the world, and he even has a text dedicated to discussing the goddess of the Trow, Nyx.

The works on his shelf are varied but all hold the common principal of investigation of the physical and magical worlds through reproducible experimentation. There is a great deal hear that simply does not make sense to you and the path the dwarves seem to be taking is radically different than anything you have encountered in the Empire. The study of celestial bodies seems to be a popular subject from what you can tell and many of the works are also dedicated to the study of animals and plants. There are a couple books on chance and a few on the study of the elements, both mundane and in relation to magic; there are also a couple texts dealing with the ways objects interact.

You could spend months pouring over these texts and still understand only a fraction of the knowledge they claim to contain.

(Natural philosophy would contain IRL physics as a sub-field but it has not yet developed to the point where it is synonymous with the science of physics. At its current stage of development it refers simply to a process of understanding the world through practical and reproducible experimentation and observation. Its development has been slowed in many areas due to how dangerous experimenting can be when one factors in magic. Many of the greatest dwarven minds have died before committing their great theories to paper as a result. Until the dwarves learn to be more careful it is unlikely that the sciences, as we currently understand them, will develop in the Kingdom. Many of the more radical thinkers were also purged due to their close relations to the republican faction so that will also slow the development of the disciplines.)

No, all official funding comes from official government sources to keep the Academy loyal to the state. He merely has an interest in the future of his people and the inventions of the Academy are their surest bet in his opinion.

He informs you that though he is not a mage that does not mean that he can not respect the beauty of the theory they craft. The most useful aspects of theory for him personally are those that relate to the enchantment of artefacts as his people can use that theory to make better offensive and defensive tools for him. However he stresses that, that is a secondary concern.

He says that the real reason why he shows interest in magical theory is because Jan is interested in magical theory. His younger brother has trouble making friends and he just does not have that many people he can talk to. Timo always shows interest in anything Jan cares about so that he can have an informed discussion with Jan whenever they meet for lunch. He shrugs and says it is just his way of being there for his family.

He laughs. He says that most people are lazy, stupid and incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions. By contrast, he says that he works hard, plans well in advance and takes the time to set up fail-safes in case something goes wrong. The result is that he usually knows what his friends and enemies are up to at any given time and he can react accordingly. Those with lazy minds and idle tongues explain away his skill and preparation through magic and superstition, they claim he is a cultist but they would not be able to spot a real cultist if they were staring right at one.

He chose the Silver Flame because he believe it to be the safest place in the entire Kingdom, particularly with agents of the Goddess and the Watcher running about.

It is a bar, it serves drinks, gives the high-strung a place to relax and provides entertainment from time to time. He winks and complements you both on your singing.

He is not completely sure himself to be honest. The Silver Flame is run by a rather mysterious individual, one he has not even met face-to-face. If she likes you, you are allowed entry and if she doesn't you will never get in.

He tilts his head and laughs merrily, "I am rich Derryth, what is the point of having wealth if you do not spend it on what makes you happy. I like the paintings so I bought them, simple as that."

They depict a number of scenes, battles, dinner parties, rolling fields and rolling seas. There does not seem to be a common theme from what you can tell though they are all signed by the same artist, 'L.E.'.

As far as he knows she approves of new members herself. He has never met her and does not know of anyone who has except for the barman, but he is not telling, and no one has ever caught him outside of the bar to interrogate him.

He shrugs, "I asked that exact question when I first came to the club. I was told by the barman that it's is named after the 'fire that purifies', the 'light without darkness' and that it is 'that which remembers when all is forgotten'. Frankly I haven't a clue what any of that meant though it did sound quite impressive after five bottle of Welf's Finest Reserve."

He shakes his head,"Afraid I have never heard those phrases before. Where did you hear them? This might be worth further investigation."

He has to think about that for a moment before he recalls who you are enquiring about, "The mercenary mages you had my father hire to support the army? You probably know more about them than I do to be honest. They have secrets but they have never acted against the Crown or in any overtly political manner so I have been content to let them keep their secrets," he strokes his chin, "Do you think they are a threat? Perhaps I should look into them then?"

He sighs and drops his gaze, "No news from the south. Even the Pathfinders currently stationed in Stoneheim have failed to check in lately. Whatever is going on down there it is likely quite horrible."

He nods slowly, "You are well informed, not too many people know about the skirmishes that have been occurring around the Kingdom for months. From what I can tell both groups serve our enemies. The robed figures serve the Watcher though I don't think they serve directly. The riders serve the Goddess and some of the equipment they have is very impressive from what I have been told. Now that open war has erupted though they seem to have shifted southward to support the primary forces of their factions."

He grins, "I am careful and I plan ahead. If the Kingdom does fall I will already be gone but only if I truly believe it can not be saved. The Kingdom is my home ladies, I will not abandon it without a fight."

He says that he meant exactly what he said. If the monarchy falls and a dwarven republic takes its place then he already has contingency plans in place though he will admit that is far less likely to happen now. He gives you each a warm smile and thanks you for so totally annihilating the enemies of his father's House. You have ensured that the Kingdom will remain a Kingdom if it remains at all.

He shakes his head, "Not really, no."

He rests his head on one hand, "Well if you insist, I know a great many things my father does not. For example, I know about your pet necromancer," he leans back, raising his hands, "Sorry, former necromancer." He lets you stew in that knowledge as he switches subjects.

Substantial resources but he says he sees no reason to tell you about them. They are his, not yours, not yet.

Again he says he has no desire to tell you where he gets his funds from.

He takes a single relaxed breath, "Perhaps."

He cuts straight to the point, "Yes."

He raises his eyebrows in disbelief that you can not see what he sees, "Three quarters of the Houses were set to rise in open rebellion against him. A good portion of the officer corp and the banking families were ready to do so as well. Frankly if you had not swept into the Kingdom when you did he likely would be dead by now."

He nods slowly before he begins, "I often think that the nobility are like the stars. Beautiful, inspiring to the common dwarf but ultimately uncaring and distant. Under their leadership the Kingdom will never reach its true potential just as we where held back in our earliest days by our tribal cave leaders so too are we held back now by the Great Houses. If the nobility are the stars then it is my belief that the King, any true king, should be as the sun. He should bring light and warmth to his people and lead them into a brilliant new future but to do so sacrifices must be made. There can be only a single sun in the sky, there can be no equals to the king, and the stars must be obscured by the brilliance of the King's power. I would humble the Great Houses and crush those that resist, not through military force necessarily but their ruin would be absolute. Only when the monarchy is absolute will the Kingdom flourish and good prevail. That is how I would run things."

He says he loves his brothers, all three of them and he does not want any harm to befall them. He prefers Jan's company over Reinhard's though, perhaps this is only natural as neither Reinhard or Timo like to follow. They also hold different political beliefs, Reinhard has too many friends in the other Houses to ever be able to do what is neccesary, what Timo urges him to do. They argue a lot as a result while Jan is less assertive and not terribly interested in politics making him a more agreeable person to pass the time with.

He says Reinhard might, if he is willing to take advice and act against the Great Houses. He also says that Reinhard has been prepared his entire life to lead after their father dies. Out of all of Timo's siblings Reinhard is the best, the brightest, the noblest. He looks and acts the part of a King but Timo worries for his brother in the South, he hopes he will return safely.

Jan would not, not simply because he is a mage, he simply lacks the instincts to make a good politician or leader and to his credit Jan realizes this. Timo would not burden Jan with a crown if it could be avoided, he is certain that Jan would loathe such a fate.

Houses Hesse and Reginar would gain in influence (As they are the Houses that most closely match his brother's temperment) and the Kingdom would likely become more assertive in international affairs. However beyond that Timo is reluctant to say, it would have everything to do with who is around to aid the new King and what the larger political situation demands. He says that Reinhard is no idiot and is likely to do at least as well as their father.

He says no. Though Derryth believes that even if he did he would still say no.

He says he has the best information network in the Kingdom. Incidentally he tells you to inform Mayer that his offer still stands whenever the banker is ready to take it (he refuses to elaborate). He goes on to explain that the best way to protect yourself is not by wearing the thickest armour but by striking down your attacker before a shot has even been fired. With his aid you could neutralize threats before they even become overt threats.

The fire in particular, your choice of friends in general.

He is sure Wenzel did it because his brother has never been able to keep a secret when he drinks and all he does these days is drink. He expects to have conclusive proof just as soon as he cracks the Watcher's ring in the city.

The Weasels are the castoffs of society, criminals, layabouts, thugs with the exception of a few truly talented members. These members piqued his interest and he is certain most of them serve the Watcher.

No, none of the high profile criminals sought shelter amongst the Weasels.

He does not know where that shaman fled to.

They captured him outside of a Pathfinder safe house in Stoneheim.

Åke is a mentalist. Attended the Academy but was thrown out for his temper, he became a mercenary. At some point he must have fallen in with the Watcher. Timo expects to know more should his people succeed at capturing the mage alive.

Åke serves the Watcher, Timo is fairly certain of this.

The contract was false because Åke made it up to escape the city when he realized he was being hunted.

The contract did not come from Timo.

Something about recovering an artefact for one of the Great Houses, it was obviously fake but Wenzel is rarely sober these days.

He thinks Åke failed because the contract was fake, it was not possible for him to succeed. The men that went with him are dead since the necromancers will kill them if Timo's agents don't get to them and Åke first. Either Åke will escape or he will be killed/captured but in either scenario the Weasels will die.

He refuses to tell you how many agents he has and where they are. He states that you have no reason to know.

He knows because his agents told him so, they might be wrong but he thinks that they are only a small number of the overall Weasel organization.

All the ones he knows of are the Watcher's agents, though they are not all necromancers. There may be a few Goddess Cultists as well but they are far more careful in general and he has not really been looking for them as they are not responsible for the jailbreak.

He does not know how long Rand has been active. Rand, whatever he is, is a spymaster's nightmare; an agent that can come and go without leaving any trace at all. It took him months to even realize that Rand existed and he is sad to say that the discovery was down to chance not any careful planning on his part. He was 'interrogating' a few of the Watcher's servants, questioning them about their activities, and time and time again they had trouble recalling certain details. They had been fighting an enemy agent (which they incorrectly assumed served the Crown) but they could not actual recall any details about him. Timo thought they were simply screwing with him but their testimony held up under torture for long enough that Timo came to believe they were telling the truth.

It took several more months to finally get a name, Rand. Despite Timo's best efforts he knows little more than Rand's name and that he was employed by the Eberhardts in a number of operations dating back months and possibly years.

Worse yet was the realization that there may be more than one Rand out there.

He is looking forward to seeing what the Pathfinders can find out from the corpse of the one you killed though he does understand that it was not a full copy with all of Rand's abilities.

He does not know where Rand is at the moment. Tracking a man that leaves next to no impression even on those that work with him regularly is quite vexing. If Timo had to guess he would say that Rand is probably hiding with one of the Goddess' cults in the city though he has more pressing matters to worry about at the moment.

Broadly speaking the Goddess' cultists wish to take over the Kingdom (not destroy it), they want to infiltrate and dominate the political and financial centers of the Kingdom and perhaps the Cath Bruig as well. He does not know what they would do if they ever came into that sort of power as it has not happened before as far as he knows. He suspects their agenda is shifting and tangled like that of any loosely structured and disparate group of people.

He does not believe that Eberhardt is alive. He is certain that Eberhardt, the dwarf, is dead. Someone or something is pretending to be him and from what little Timo has been able to gather he is quite powerful. He was easily the match of an experienced mage when he intervened to try and stop the prison break. If he continues to grow in power Timo is not sure how Eberhardt will be stopped though he is confident that between his mind and the Pathfinders' arsenal he will find a way.

The rebellion is far better structured now than it was before, probably because the Eberhardt remnants have had time to prepare and they also seem to have been co-opted by certain elements of the Goddess' cult or cults. At the same time it seems less centralized as well, the rebellion operates in cells that can not betray one another largely because they are not aware of one another. In this Timo sees the influence of the Cultists, this is how they have operated for centuries with great success. They come together to pull off specific operations and then they disperse again. The rebellion is also being fed by elements in the Empire that are providing them with resources, funds and mercenaries.

Find Eberhardt and put an end to him. Also ensure that the rebels and their cultist allies can not simply create a new one. It would be devastating for morale if the King hung Eberhardt only to have him 'resurrect' again. There would be rioting in the streets.

If he is in the city he is probably hiding with what remains of his followers but the King can not order compounds invaded and homes leveled without proof, the Lords would not stand for it in the current political climate.

It is just as likely though that he has left the city. With Stoneheim cut off and the Crown seemingly unable to do anything he could win a lot of people to his cause if he is the one to save the city. If such a scenario plays out then House Albrecht and whatever loyalists they have left will have to fight a battle without and within.

He knows little that you don't already know. She was pregnant, damn near immune to any sort of physical trauma and fiercely loyal to the Watcher. She is likely quite important and he also believes that she has escaped the city by now.

Timo assumes a grave expression, "The Watcher's goal is obvious. He wants to live again and he is doing everything in his power to claw his way back out of the grave. If the Kingdom falls then his followers will transform it into a realm of the dead and a base from which he can strike at the Empire and his greatest enemy, Alric."

There is genuine rage in his voice as he answers your question, "Why would a dwarf betray his ancestors, his King, his city? I don't know but I have my theories. For those that crave wealth there will be plenty to be had, the Watcher does not care for money, he does not need it so his cultists may have as much as they can pull to themselves. For others that crave power that too is available. The absolute power of the living over the dead, the desecration of their family tombs and of the bodies of their slaves. Absolute power but not for the good of the people. Merely to serve their own vanity. Beyond that, some might simply be mad and all of them are fools if they believe the Mad Goat will let them live for one second more than necessary," by the time he is done speaking he is red in the face. He is either a very good actor or his hatred is quite real.

They are vultures, jackals, and wolves, the whole lot of them. He would severely purge their ranks if only his father would let him.

Houses Hesse, Berg and Reginar are definitely compromised by the Goddess' cultists and those sympathetic to the goals of the cultists however he is not sure just how high the corruption goes.

Something is wrong with Hesse and his House, the dwarf lord is too comfortable, too confident, he is up to something but Timo is not confident enough to guess what. He has heard a few rumours though, that Hesse's people are hiding some of the criminals that escaped the attack on the Pathfinder prison. He is not sure why Hesse would do so or even if the rumours are true.

Berg has been spending a lot of time outside the city lately on his estates, Timo has been trying to infiltrate some of them but they are being very careful about new hires, so far he has found nothing but he remains patient.

Reginar is hard to read at the best of times but he pushed strongly in private to send the army south. He even offered to accompany the expedition. Timo is fairly certain that Reginar is not actually a cultist based on private talks with him but he can not be sure and if Reginar is clean then at least one person close to him is a cultist.

He has little to say about Welf though he does caution you that the dwarf lord definitely does not like you and sees you as a threat. That may be something to worry about. There are also rumours that Welf has connections to the Dark and some say the Watcher directly but he has found nothing to confirm that.

Seinsheim he is certain of. The old dwarf is abrasive, demanding, holds little regard for the opinions of others and can be quite paranoid, he is also completely loyal to the Kingdom and the Crown as an institution (though he holds no particular love for the dwarves that occupy the throne). It is interesting that House Seinsheim is also the only House that Timo is certain is not compromised, the old dwarf runs a tight ship and even Timo's own agents have not been able to infiltrate far.

You question triggers a deep belly laugh from the dwarf until he realizes that yours was a serious question. He stops and blinks twice, "They hate you Derryth, I thought that was what you were aiming for?"

He raises a hand, calling for just a bit more time to explain, "Well hatred might be a bit of a strong word but they do fear you and really that is only one step from hatred. They have no real idea who you are, what you want and whether they should see you as an enemy or not. It does not help either that you associate with... let's just say a 'different set' then they are used to."

He says not really, all of them have more than enough reason to want you dead and a paranoid person might say that, that is exactly what they hoped for when they delayed reinforcements during your battle at Fort Blackrock.

Timo smiles sadly, "Mayer played a very dangerous game and got exactly what he asked for, it is just a shame it cost him everything that he wanted. Knowing him he will choose to play again someday, I don't like his odds if he does."

Just another casualty of the war he says, "The fourth daughter of a wealthy but politically unimportant family that held land north of Madrigal, near the Ermine. She likely would have been married off to a mechant's son or the second son of another local lord but the war took the rest of her family and left her a rather sizable inheritance. Within two weeks of returning to her family's estate it became clear that she would not be able to hold on to the land by herself. Essentially she had two options, marry into the junior branch of a surviving clan that could protect her and live off whatever her new husband could give her or sell her property and head for a city. Before she could make the decision though she was approached by one of the larger clans. They made her an offer, sell her land to them at about half of what her land was worth or take the risk that something horrible might happen. She took the hint, sold the land and fled the Empire after that but I imagine you could learn all of this easily, after all she is your partner now correct?"

Honestly he has not bothered to look. It is possible he could find something though if you gave him a compelling reason to try.

He is not sure. He is fairly certain that it is aimed at his father but there are so many people after Albrecht it is difficult to narrow down possible suspects. It is something he is looking into but so far all he has found are a handful of kids that thought it sounded cool and have been reproducing it across the city, a few nights in the local jail to scare them should prevent them from doing it again.

He does not have a lead on who originally wrote those words though.

Current Tally:

Show Spoiler
    Absinthe:
    1. Not B-D
    2. A
    3. x
    4. C
    5. A
    6. x
    7. B
    8. Biii
    9. E
    10. A
    11. x
    12. x

Kz3r0:
    1. A
    2. A
    3. Ai>D
    4. A
    5. Cii
    6. B
    7. C
    8. Biii
    9. F
    10. A
    11. x
    12. x

Nevill:
    1. A
    2. A
    3. Ai
    4. B
    5. A
    6. B
    7. D
    8. Bv>Biv
    9. G
    10. A
    11. A (800)
    12. A

Azira:
    1. x
    2. x
    3. Ai
    4. B
    5. A
    6. B
    7. D
    8. Biv
    9. G
    10. A
    11. A (800)
    12. x

archaen:
    1. x
    2. x
    3. Ai
    4. B
    5. A
    6. B
    7. D
    8. Biv
    9. G
    10. A
    11. x
    12. x

Jester:
    1. E
    2. A
    3. Ai>D
    4. A
    5. A
    6. B
    7. E>C
    8. Bv
    9. H
    10. A
    11. A
    12. A

Grimgravy:
    1. A
    2. C
    3. Aiii>Aii
    4. C
    5. A
    6. B
    7. B
    8. Bii
    9. A
    10. A
    11. A (highest proposed option that will win)
    12. x

1. Timo
    3 votes A
    1 vote E
    1 vote for anything but B through D
    2 votes undeclared

2. Timo's offer
    4 votes A
    1 vote C
    2 votes undeclared

3. Activities
    5 votes Ai
    1 vote Aiii
    1 vote undeclared

4. Additional Seeker Mages
    3 votes B
    2 votes A
    2 votes C

5. The Master
    6 votes A
    1 vote Cii

6. Ajiak's position
    6 votes B
    1 vote undeclared

7. Housing
    3 votes D
    2 votes B
    2 votes C

8. The children
    2 votes Biii
    2 votes Biv
    2 vote Bv
    1 vote Bii

9. Lady Grey
    3 votes G
    1 vote A
    1 vote E
    1 vote F
    1 vote H

10. Ceannard and the Arrows
    7 votes A

11. Paying the Bankers
    4 votes A (4 votes for 800WPs)
    3 votes undeclared

12. Flame and Shadow
    2 votes A
    5 votes undeclared

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I have to say, I am largely satisfied with Timo's explanation. He is playing his own game, but at least it does not seem to be detrimental to our cause.

Besides, I am quite sympathetic to the cause of removing the Great Houses, even though I can see it as a safeguard against the pitfalls of absolutist monarchy. :lol:

I will have to think about working with him.

It would be nice of him to watch his language, though.

We too know plenty of less-than-pleasant things about the House Albrecht, but we let bygones be bygones.

She is our friend, not our pet, and she is opposing the Dark and trying to preserve the Kingdom alongside us. He would do well to remember that.

Tell him about the tablet, and that you believe the mentioned individuals are Spider demons (one of which later became the Goddess), Demon Princes, a Fallen Lord, and the Wyrm. Tell him that you have a reason to suspect that they may be major players in what is currently going on in the world and the kingdom in particular, though you are not sure of their allegiances.

It would be nice to confirm that the Silver Flame, whatever it is, is unrelated to this power.

What exactly does he have to say about our friends?

He does not seem to mind all that much about hiring them to aid his cause.

What exactly does he mean? What is different about us from what the dwarves are used to? Some of them employ mauls as their champions, FFS.

What about that attack on the Lady Grey? Was there a particular reason for that?

Other than we have a marksman stalker on our tail that even the best of the Pathfinders can't track?

I am mostly interested in the archer who aided us through the fire and the Palace attack. If anything, it would be nice to ensure that someone who can enter and leave the Royal Palace at will without being seen or caught is on our side.

So suppose we entertain the idea of working for him. How different would it be from working for Albrecht? What exactly he has in mind for us?

^ Top  
  4. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    He says that the fact that you are all still alive should amply demonstrate that he is able to distinguish between who Lyssa was and who she now is.

That would probably require a vote.

He says he has nothing much to say about your choice of friends beyond noting that he would not trust most of them the way you do.

He shrugs and says that you use the tools you have to hand.

There is a difference between raising a servant to fight for you and treating them as an equal. The social circles you have chosen to travel in are somewhat removed from those the nobles frequent and they have noted that. That's all.

Could be, he says, no real way to say for sure as the Arrows did not take any prisoners. He says that Lady Grey might know if you care to ask her about it.

While he does not want to see you come to harm it also is not really his problem is it?

Now that is his problem. He will look into it but can not promise anything. If the Pathfinders are having trouble tracking him then it is likely that he has significant skill, resources or both.

Fewer restrictions on what you can request and what will be available to you but he will also want a say in how you conduct yourself. No more taking unnecessary risks and if he wants you to work on a particular operation you will have to do so or handle the consequences.

So more resources and readier access to information but less autonomy as the King more or less lets you do what you want. You would also loose your escort in all likelihood.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Does that mean that he thinks he can order us removed if it would have been convenient to him and without it backfiring?

Are there reasons not to? Maybe he will enlighten us. Perhaps he knows something we don't?

Who does he have in mind in particular?

Yeah, well, that is not what I meant when I asked this.

Right now we are eliminating the enemies of the crown, fighting against enemy armies, purge the cultists and the like. What would he have us do? Would he try to implicate and eliminate the Great Houses with our help, Since the absolutist monarchy is something he strives for?

By the way, what does he think will happen to his precious ideal government form if he suffers an accident and someone like Wenzel comes to the throne?

All right.

12. You think you might have Timo look into the 'wyrm of flame and shadow' at your request, but it would necessitate telling him where you have heard about it and why are you concerned with it.
    A) You will tell him about Jan's tablet, and tell him about who you suspect the mentioned individuals are.
    B) You do not pursue this line of investigation. If it interests you, you will find it on your own eventually.

As for the armor, I would still prefer Brothers Dietfrieds, since we are pressed for time.

^ Top  
  6. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    I'm fine with delaying for a day for shiny new royal armours. That would be my first choice.

^ Top  
  7. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    It means that in the current political climate all he would have to do is leak some of the evidence that Lyssa was a necromancer and you would all likely be hung. The fact that he has not done show likely means that he does not see Lyssa as a threat but most of the dwarven nobility would.

He would not trust Lyssa, Mayer, your Blackrock Officers, Berty or Lady Grey so yeah, essentially all of them.

Lyssa was a necromancer.

Mayer is potential compromised from his adventuring days though Timo does not want to go into details. Mayer would not appreciate it and he does not particularly want to start anything with one of maybe three dwarves as well informed as he is.

Your Blackrock Officers were all employees of the Eberhardts, that alone should put them under suspicion.

Berty is... well, Berty and Timo would recommend against trusting someone that mad.

Finally Lady Grey can be quite ruthless as she is rather desperate.

He does not consider any of them reliable.

That is a definite possibility, particularly if he thinks you will carry out his less palatable orders and be discrete while doing so.

Wenzel will not take the throne, that possibility has been taken care of. But on the more general issue of a weak King he would see to a proper succession and any King worth following would do so as well.

Alright, I will add that.

Sure, I will update the vote.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Is there a real, factual evidence remaining? Who has access to that?

We are interested in destroying that, for obvious reasons.

Unless, of course, he wants to keep this knowledge as means to control us, but it would be highly messy for everyone if it gets into less understanding hands, intentionally or unintentionally.

On the votes.
    1. A with the intention to continue our independent investigation regardless.
    2. A for the time being, but we'll keep that door open.

How would Berty approach teaching the kids, by the way? I am thinking whether or not I should add Lyssa's moderating influence.

^ Top  
  9. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Timo says that yes there is still evidence. He has it somewhere safe.

He is not terribly inclined to destroy that evidence as it might come in handy. He also has no intention of letting it fall into the hands of others at the moment.

Probably the same way as he is teaching the girls only a bit less demanding. If given a free hand he would try to turn them into what amounts to dwarven commandos.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, then I'd probably prefer to vote for Jester's vote as stated by Jester himself:

8B) Keep the children.
    v Send Lyssa and Berty to take a look at them. Hire tutors according to their talents.

Without a necessary emphasis on logistics for all of them. It is a large sample of people, and there are bound to be some among 60 of them who would be interested in that anyway.

So... 8) Bv > Biv, I guess.

And 12) A.

^ Top  
  11. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Emm i didnt say send all to logistic. :roll: (engineering on other hand :obviously:)
    It was more of example to show that there are multiple ways they can get useful, even in civilian situations. Economy is good example to, if we still thinking about starting our own banking system in Empire. PR/diplomat person to constantly work on our bad reputation/decrease backlash from unpopular decisions (and go on those dull parties). Beauticians ;). Roots farmer. Scientists. There are many mundane, but awesome professions. Probably there are more interesting ways i am to stupid to find.

11)A 800
    12)A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Alright, updated the option then.

I think I will close the vote soon, twenty four hours maybe, if there are no objections.

The update will come soon after that and will be of more reasonable length than this last one. The interlude will then get posted when the vote for the next update closes.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Oh btw its only occur to me that trick we use to fuse Firebolt and Energy Bolt is Group Technique... sort of i think.

"fire and lightning weave around one another binding together and feeding off each other in a way the Thin White Mage has never encountered before.
    The braided purple bolt strikes Puppet. His skin cracks, blackens and flakes off."
    cmb Heat Bolt?

"The two spells had attempted to devour one another and did tremendous damage to the target."
    "This time, working from the same principles you intend to let your enemy's spell power your own. Just as the three cloaked figures are finishing their spell you hit it with your 'Greater Firebolt'. Your spell, much more powerful than theirs and desperate for energy quickly devours their spell and takes on some of its properties. It solidifies somewhat, tuning into a dark red paste that coats each of the three mages, painting every inch of them above the waist in a boiling hot magical concoction that quickly dissolves them into one large puddle of bubbling fluid. It also eats a two metre wide and one metre deep hole in the ground."
    Thats how it works. Dont sound like meta chaining. Its more like Spell consume/fusion? Would say its either a special branch of meta or its new close cousin. Words consume/devour sound suitable for name in my opinion.

^ Top  
  14. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Here my final vote:

1. A)
    2. A)

A)i.
    D)

4)'AA)
    5) A)
    6) B)
    7) C)
    8) B) iii.
    9. F)
    10. A)
    11. A) 800WP

12. B)

^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I took a moment to think about it, and I have to say, isn't he bullshitting us a little? Even though he might have something on Lyssa, there is no way he would be able to connect the evidence to the Heroes of the Kingdom, since we have never indulged in such practices, and there is plenty of proof to the contrary, especially after we have broken the Watcher's plans (and armies) on more than one occasion. Most of these activities are limited to us and not Lyssa, too, contrasting our track record with hers. We would likely have to murder her and 'thank' him profusely for implicating another of the Watcher's spies that have managed to infiltrate so deeply, but we ourselves should be well out of his reach, and unlike the Eberhards, we would be able to afford our defence.

Not that I like to entertain this exact scenario, but I just want to see if he isn't trying to present his case stronger than it really is.

Anyway, back to the other pieces of lore.
    Well, I meant these pictures in particular:
    Is there a significance to them?

All right, I'll bite. Who is L.E.? Where or who did Timo buy them from?

Were there any particular decisions by Albrecht that led to this outcome? What were the Eberhardts plans and goals? What reason did they have to prepare a coup, and why did so many support them?

Doesn't Albrecht have a certain weight among his people as a leader who had led them through two Great Wars and allowed them to survive it? What caused such a shift?

Well, if secrecy is paramount to him, then he should not be offended if his agents die to ours in case the Weazels cross our path again.

If any of his agents have a say in their inner politics, they would do well to caution Wenzel against antagonizing us or our people.

Does he think that this advantage may be turned into a fault? Say, he may not know what Rand looks like and his agents might forget about him the second they turn away from him, but if he instructs his men to work in pairs and mentally check if they can remember the faces of people they are interacting with without looking straight at them, would it not expose Rand if he is around?

During the 'Where Angels Fear To Tread' chapter we were able to determine that the man we met was Rand because we had trouble placing his face. Could this method work for others as well?

Rand might be used to impunity by now, so if he makes a careless move, he may well get caught. An explosive does not care what your face features are.

Does he think that it may be turned around as well? That capturing and keeping not-Eberhardt alive to demonstrate several not-Eberhards alongside each other would be devastating for the rebellion? After all, there would be no 'real' one, and if they are all fakes , then what would be the reason to believe that the next one people will see is real? It would not be a miraculous resurrection, but a mix of a dark ritual and a fraud.

Could this solution work out for the Crown?

Actually, it seems that the archer is not hostile to us and appears whenever we are in danger or when his intervention is in order? Maybe something could be arranged to make him step forward? To bait him into showing himself?

Three dwarves, eh? Who are the other two?

^ Top  
  16. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Yes, I suppose it is. A lot of spells can have interesting properties when they interact. Another pair of examples would be the spells that not-Rand had in his spell plates. They combined an earth spell with a lightning spell and a fire spell with a water spell respectively to yield much more powerful attack spells. So that is probably something to keep in mind for the future, if you have mutiple mages around they can act as multipliers for each other's spells.

I will add Heat Bolt to the group techniques list.

Right, will update.

Yes, that is definitely one way out of that situation. If you throw Lyssa under the bus chariot and wash your hands of it all then you could probably survive such an investigation as long as your dealings with demons, ghôls and cultists do not come to light. However, Timo has done his research and he knows you are not the type to do that so it is still an effective safeguard for him to hold onto.

Yes, they represent the ages of light and of darkness. They serve as inspiration for what a King should aspire to and as a warning of what will happen to their people if they fail. Those painting as amongst the most important of dwarven cultural artefacts but they are not magical or anything.

A magician with a brush. ;)

On one of his business trips to the Empire. Timo happened to pass through the county of Grayson, he encountered the artist there and bought all the paintings he had to hand.

Well there are many that wanted the Kingdom to stay out of Soulblighter's War. It was not originally obvious that the Fallen Lord was behind it and many amongst the nobility saw it as a human problem. Albrecht disagreed and immediately threw his support behind Alric and the Legion, even going so far as to dispatch some of his best Pathfinders to help. Ultimately Albrecht was proven right but his battles in the Assembly to try and get the military mobilized earned him several enemies.

He also failed to curb the growth of the cult throughout the Kingdom though he did make an honest attempt.

He also failed to win over the merchant class as he did not want to anger his supporters amongst the nobility. Eberhardt's ambition and the greed of the dwarves saw to the rest.

Albrecht was (and is) not a bad King but for many dwarves it is better to lead than follow and all of the rebels stood to gain personally from the fall of the monarchy.

Overthrow Albrecht, kill the King and his family, and establish a Dwarven Republic modeled on the Free Cities of the North.

Eberhardt wanted to rule but he knew he could not do it within the traditional system as Albrecht had the support of most of the Great Houses.

So...

He won the bankers over by promising them fewer restrictions and higher social standing.

He won over the lesser Houses by reminding them of how low their odds of advancement were. He played off their longstanding grievances over the dominance of the Great Houses in politics and unfair distribution of the land.

He won the younger officers over by promising adventure, higher office and riches. He also planned on 'taking the fight' to the ghôls with a 'new and modernized' army and that made many of the junior officers quite enthusiastic.

And he managed to secure the neutrality of the Academy by reassuring them that he would not cut funding when he became Doge/President/whatever. He even went so far as to promise them even more funding and even fewer restrictions then they currently operate under, most were not stupid enough to believe him though.

Finally he also had help in the form of money, resources and mercenaries from certain parties within the Empire.

The people love him but the merchant class, the intelligentsia and many of the nobles do not. It was still a minority that was trying to overthrow him though, they were just a powerful minority.

That being said the people are also fairly easily led and most only care about the safety of themselves and their families. They care about what a leader does for them in the present and what they promise for the future. They are scared and they are watching. If Albrecht falters and fails while Eberhardt flourishes then the people will likely move to the winning side.

That is correct. In fact you have already killed a few in your ambush last night. It is just a risk of the profession and it will serve to make the remaining spies harder to spot so he does not really have a problem.

I imagine they will but Wenzel is not a reasonable person.

He likes that idea and will instruct his agents to be mindful not just of what they see and experience but also what they don't remember seeing and experiencing. Hopefully it will yield results.

Yes, that could work to muddle the waters nicely but he is not sure if it would be possible to capture Eberhardt and he does not know where such a thing could be safely stored without risk of escape.

Derryth on the other hand does know someone that could help, the trouble would come from trying to get a creature as interesting as the new Eberhardt back when needed.

To do that you would need to know what the archer wants, what motivates him/her/it. Without knowing that it would be difficult to make an offer/set a trap that could lure the archer out into the open.

If he can learn anything useful about the archer he can begin to figure something out but until then there is little he can do.

He tells you to ask Mayer. Again he has no desire to antagonize another player in the game for no real benefit. If the Banker wants to tell you what is going on that is his affair.

Current Tally:

Show Spoiler
    Absinthe:
    1. Not B-D
    2. A
    3. x
    4. C
    5. A
    6. x
    7. B
    8. Biii
    9. E
    10. A
    11. x
    12. x

Kz3r0:
    1. A
    2. A
    3. Ai>D
    4. A
    5. A
    6. B
    7. C
    8. Biii
    9. F
    10. A
    11. A (800)
    12. B

Nevill:
    1. A
    2. A
    3. Ai
    4. B
    5. A
    6. B
    7. D
    8. Bv>Biv
    9. G
    10. A
    11. A (800)
    12. A

Azira:
    1. A
    2. A
    3. Ai
    4. B
    5. A
    6. B
    7. D
    8. Biv
    9. G
    10. A
    11. A (800)
    12. B

archaen:
    1. x
    2. x
    3. Ai
    4. B
    5. A
    6. B
    7. D
    8. Biv
    9. G
    10. A
    11. A
    12. A

Jester:
    1. E
    2. A
    3. Ai>D
    4. A
    5. A
    6. B
    7. E>C
    8. Bv
    9. H
    10. A
    11. A
    12. A

Grimgravy:
    1. A
    2. C
    3. Aiii>Aii
    4. C
    5. A
    6. B
    7. B
    8. Bii
    9. A
    10. A
    11. A (highest proposed option that will win)
    12. B

Baltika9:
    1. x
    2. x
    3. x
    4. x
    5. x
    6. x
    7. x
    8. Bv
    9. x
    10. x
    11. x
    12. A

1. Timo
    4 votes A
    1 vote E
    1 vote for anything but B through D
    1 vote undeclared

2. Timo's offer
    5 votes A
    1 vote C
    1 vote undeclared

3. Activities
    5 votes Ai
    1 vote Aiii
    1 vote undeclared

4. Additional Seeker Mages
    3 votes B
    2 votes A
    2 votes C

5. The Master
    7 votes A

6. Ajiak's position
    6 votes B
    1 vote undeclared

7. Housing
    3 votes D
    2 votes B
    2 votes C

8. The children
    2 votes Biii
    2 votes Biv
    3 vote Bv
    1 vote Bii

9. Lady Grey
    3 votes G
    1 vote A
    1 vote E
    1 vote F
    1 vote H

10. Ceannard and the Arrows
    7 votes A

11. Paying the Bankers
    6 votes A (5 votes for 800WPs, 1 vote unspecified)
    1 vote undeclared

12. Flame and Shadow
    4 votes A
    3 votes B
    1 votes undeclared

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    All right, then I have a question.

Do we or Lyssa think the theory behind the Greater Bolts may be applied to the Ice Shard spell, to create a Greater Ice Shard?

How does the Ice Shard interact with the Firebolt and/or Energy Bolt? Would it create water? steam? electrocute the enemies in the area after they get soaked? Maybe we should try it out.

Does Freezing Wind interact with our other two elemental spells in any way?

^ Top  
  18. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  19. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    It should work but Lyssa needs to advance in her understanding of magical theory to actually use the spell herself (she needs the 'Expanded Theory' trait that Derry and Taide picked up a few months back). D&T could cast it if they knew Ice Shard though.

You don't know how they would interact. You could certainly experiment with different combinations if you had the time and inclination.

Possibly but again you can't be sure what will happen till you try. Experimentation can lead to innovation as the dwarves will tell you! Of course it can also lead to wild and very unstable magical storms that could liquefy all three of them in a matter of seconds... :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well we tried it on the Shade, didn't we? Nothing spectacular happened, though. :(

^ Top  
  21. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Timing is everything. You will notice though that each of the spells hit the Shade separately (you were not yet skilled enough to pull off a synchronized attack from the back of a moving chariot while in a bit of a panic). To get the desired effects (like Heat Bolt) you have to time it so that the spells have time to latch onto each other and fuse together before they strike their target and unleash their payload.

If you want a good example of both uses of spells then look at the necromancer you killed during Few Against Many. You sheered off one arm with a regular (red) firebolt, then Thaïs shaved off the other with a (blue) energy bolt. Finally you both hit him at the same time with a (purple) combined spell (heat bolt as it is now known) that popped him like a bubble.

If you want to combine spells into group techniques it will take practice to get it right consistently.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    11. A
    12. A

^ Top  
  23. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    1A
    2A
    12B

^ Top  
  24. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Interesting. Opinios are a bit polarized on the last choice. I wonder why is that. Didn't Jan know this already? I believe we have told him about the Goddess and her sisters, and even named the Demon Princes of the Dreaming.

The only undisclosed fact was the identity of the Fallen Lord, if I recall, which Jan assumes to be some dwarven associate of the Goddess.

Given how close Jan and Timo are, I don't think it is much of a secret anymore.

Or do we not want his help when it comes to digging info on the wyrm? But I am turning to him precisely because the information about it is hard to come by. I guess we might be able to try Morpheus and the One-Who-Waits.

Also, what do you bros think about giving Lyssa a say in how the kids are educated, not just Berty, and allowing them to put their effort where they feel they would be of more use? Dwarven commandos are good, but we can shape these kids into anything, so I thought it might be useful to train them for high-profile civilian jobs, too - engineers, researchers, diplomats, accountants, and maybe even some mages as well.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    ^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Quick questions to Morpheus, as I assume we have had a conversation in the Dreaming.

Can he give us a list of cultist names from Hallr? I am especially interested in whoever attended the parties that Rand was seen at. Even if Hallr does not remember what Rand himself was doing, he should be able to remember the other participants. We need this list by tomorrow to leave instructions to our men before we leave.

Can we describe to him the creature that made contact with us and ask him who or what that was?

Is there a less messy version of the ritual, one that does not require drenching everything in blood? Can we eventually power the portal with our own power?

How does the accounting work?

For example, if we trade TWM to Morpheus, and he is worth 2000 IPs, are they split between us and Nanshe with a 3-to-1 ratio? Or is this one a special case measured not in IPs, but in individual 'wishes', and each mage would be able to wish for whatever they want if Morpheus is able to provide it?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.