Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neocron

Korgan

Arbiter
It's a weird cyberpunk MMORPG which tries hard to look like Deus Ex. For some reason, it's completely free - just register some account and "buy" a subscription for $0.00. I'm playing it right now, it looks both horrible and wonderful. Will post later.

Korgan

Arbiter
Yeah, the cyberpunk aesthetics are excellent, though the engine actually looks worse than DX. It's hard to understand what's going on and the interface is cumbersome, but the FPS controls do add to the atmosphere. Death isn't hardcore until you enable PvP, then you drop some stuff in addition to a debuff and a corpse run/fine. I can't understand why the fuck it's free though. Apparently the devs ran into a problem with payments some months ago, so they started... giving it away without ads or paid content?

vrok

Liturgist
Played the beta years ago. It's free because it sucks.

Morkar Left

Are you talking about Neocron or Neocron 2?
I played the second one and it was enjoyable but the MMO was only a Counterstrike Event in a Cyberpunk enviroment. There was a player centered faction control system implemented with Clans / Corporation that had potential. But it never started to use its potential. If you want PvP its maybe still interesting. If you want RPG, forget it or maybe try it for some hours if its free now.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played the game short after it came out, and had a lot of fun. Liked the atmosphere.

Then I tried to play it again like 2 years ago and it ran in light-speed (like an old game without dosbox). Very weird.

DefJam101

Arcane
Neocron was the shit back in the day. Sorry, but, you missed it. You're a few years too late. There was a time where this game had some serious cyberpunk fans playing it, not just the MMO grinders. The community went down the tube when the game had some subscription problems. Everyone left and moved on. Now all that's left is the MMO fags.

Sad, too. But many good memories.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
what defjam said. i also have very fond memories of neocron, played it for a half a year when it was new and it was a blast because of an awesome community (and hardcore pvp).

went to shit quite fast though, especially when they caved in to whiners and implemented safeslots for your precious equipment etc. also since the company developing it was quite small, there was simply not enough content going around and some balance issues would stay so for months.

what server you played on, defjam ? guessing it wasnt ze jupiter like me mostly, but i also had some chars on the international ones.

anyway, had a blast playing this durings its prime, probably the best MMO experience there was in the beginning ( probably one of the worst 1 year later ... )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom