Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Anytime someone claims that something no-one has ever done is easy to do, they are talking out of their ass. If converting NWN or NWN2 to TB with only scripts was possible, it would have been done already.

This is a retarded conclusion to draw, People are still doing new stuff today in modding for TOEE / Arcanum / Thief / NWN / Skyrim / Whatever, by your rational "IF IT WASN'T DONE YET! ITS IMPOSSIBLE". So everything was impossible for those games until .. it happened.

The opposite is true. Nothing is impossible in modding. Anyone can do anything they want if they dedicate enough time to it.

I never said it would be easy to do in the context of time.
It would take a lot of time / testing to get right. Then the OC / MOTB / SOZ would all need to be redesigned encounter-wise to support it.

When I say it's easy to do, I mean it's not technically challenging. It's just a huge time sink to spend on a game that is basically dead.
Who is gonna benefit from it? Even if it's turn based - half this forum will refuse to play it because of the camera or the shit 3.5 implementation, Guess I should fix those too.

It's a constant moving target. Unlike beamdog, I can't package it up and sell it to you for 40 bucks.

1.) immortal said it's possible to make ToEe style turn based combat in Nwn or Nwn2 usong only scripting. But then when confronted on actually doing it, he balked.

If I stopped my life to code the whims of every retard I meet on the internet, I would die never finishing a single project.

This is the last refuge of everyone who argues with me about anything coding related, It's so old hat at this point.

"OH ya? If it's so possible.. dedicate 3 months of your life to make it happen!! Maybe if you do, I'll let you drive traffic to my blog by documenting it!"

:nocountryforshitposters:

Lilura

Did I break you? You just totally went spastic after I went to work.

ToEE styled turn based could be added if someone wanted to spend the time, even without source code.

The problem would be overcoming what is already hard-coded into the system, and that may not be possible. Creating a system whereby only one character can move while the others do nothing, or a system where only one character can act at a time might not be feasible without having actual source code.

I have to ask if you know anything about programming. I find that when people think these things are easy, it's usually because they've never had any experience coding or building their own games, and really don't know how involved the whole process can be. And, if you do know how to code and really believe it can be done without the source code...what's stopping you from doing it yourself?

Have you ever fired up the NWN2 toolset and looked at what it can do? Or are you just assuming you know?

Because the exact thing you just said - can be done without source code.

Every spell in the game is triggered through a NWScript that you can change / override / use. For example the spell Timestop plays off a NWScript function called "EffectTimeStop();"

which when applied to a object literally does the thing your describing. All process ticks are halted for everything in the world (Including projectiles and VFX's) until that effect falls off (which you control completely)

Even if that didn't work you also have a variety of cutscene functions for freezing characters in place (including animation keyframing / OnPerception event triggers / AoO / ect)

Instead of trying to talk in "generalities" and accuse me of not being a developer. Try doing some research and create some real argument.

Last edited:

Mustawd

Tbh Immortal , I think Lilura and I wpuld like to see ToEE style tb implemented in NWN.

So I think that's why she was giving you shit. I dunno. I'm speculating. Gonna buy like $100 worth of powerball tickets. If I win I'll pay someone to do it. Prolly wont win, but at least im not spending my monies on booze.

d1nolore

Savant
No one who actually plays NWN wants it turn based. Only people who don't like the game, and still won't like the game if its turn based.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Tbh Immortal , I think Lilura and I would like to see ToEE style tb implemented in NWN.

I agitate for TB/FPC because that's how all D&D RPGs should be designed at dev-cycle level if they don't want to become a laughing stock. Write off, drive out and deride anyone who disagrees.

The other reason I agitate is to remind people of the kind of shit they like to play (RTwP, companion AI).

I don't think anyone cares whether or not some bottom-feeder modder comes along to code caricatures of the tried-and-true.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
In other news, I have just banned one of my blog authors for having the insolence to call FPC "cancer"... on my blog. In addition, I called him a nasty name, deleted his anti-FPC posts and blocked his comments from appearing in my Top 10 commenter widget. I am sure that he is devastated.

In an extension of that, I removed all authors from my blog. I felt bad about it because someone was on the verge of posting a review for a NWN module. I don't have anything against that person, but it was a mistake to think that anyone else is capable of my levels of monocolism/top-hatism.

I was thinking of deleting all comments on my blog and turning off comments completely, too. You can do blanket dels of thousands of comments, which is pretty cool. I mean, does it really matter what a readership says when I can just say high-brow stuff and have 1 mil people read it per year?

eCLV6hO.gif

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Tbh Immortal , I think Lilura and I would like to see ToEE style tb implemented in NWN.

I agitate for TB/FPC because that's how all D&D RPGs should be designed at dev-cycle level if they don't want to become a laughing stock. Write off, drive out and deride anyone who disagrees.

The other reason I agitate is to remind people of the kind of shit they like to play (RTwP, companion AI).

I don't think anyone cares whether or not some bottom-feeder modder comes along to code caricatures of the tried-and-true.

Why do you call modders bottom-feeders?

In other news, I have just banned one of my blog authors for having the insolence to call FPC "cancer"... on my blog. In addition, I called him a nasty name, deleted his anti-FPC posts and blocked his comments from appearing in my Top 10 commenter widget. I am sure that he is devastated.

In an extension of that, I removed all authors from my blog. I felt bad about it because someone was on the verge of posting a review for a NWN module. I don't have anything against that person, but it was a mistake to think that anyone else is capable of my levels of monocolism/top-hatism.

I was thinking of deleting all comments on my blog and turning off comments completely, too. You can do blanket dels of thousands of comments, which is pretty cool. I mean, does it really matter what a readership says when I can just say high-brow stuff and have 1 mil people read it per year?

Lol...

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Wait, how will I be able to follow the drama if it all gets deleted?

No offense, but it sounds like your vetting process for these guys was on par with the Trump administration’s hiring practices. “How do you feel about full party control?” is the RPG equivalent of, “do you beat your wife ?” or, “are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party?”

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

eCLV6hO.gif

cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Fixes
  • Added a crash fix happening on the Multiplayer screen.
  • NWN:EE now shows the disconnect reason even when playing on a localhost server.
  • Multiplayer server filters (“Latency”, “Game Name”, “Don’t show empty”) are back.
  • LAN game discovery is back.
  • “Masterver knows our address” no longer spams into the logs.
Features
  • Servers should now enumerate and connect faster
  • Steam Workshop now supports thumbnails properly. To add a thumbnail image, include thumbnail.jpg or thumbnail.png in the root directory of your mod
  • More work has gone into Steam Friends; they should now display properly, regardless of server reachability.
  • Per-vertex color streams, named “colors”, can now be supplied per mesh in model files. This will permit content creators to send per-vertex colors to any shader with the named attribute “vCustomColor”.
  • Previously only one texture coordinate stream (named “tverts” in the model file) was supported per mesh. We now support three additional texture coordinate streams, named “tverts1”, “tverts2”, and “tverts3”, which will be linked to any shaders with the named attributes “vTcIn1”, “vTcIn2”, and “vTcIn3”.

Without exception, all so much worthless garbage. Also, getting owned on GoG general doesn't bode well for NWN:EE.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_revival_of_neverwinter_nights_campaign

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
ITT: Lilura vs. xvarts, diseased gibberlings and cousins of Noober. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom