Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Civ V Expansion Announced: Call Everyone Else Heretics and Fill Their Cities With Spies

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Just what they did with Civ V. "It's unfair to penalize players for their choices, all choices should be rewarding, just in different ways" -some asshole game designer.
and some stupid friend of mine is still thinking that there's any progress in computer gaming. fuck him and fuck that random game designer, he should go to jail for saying that kind of shit

Multi-headed Cow

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-kings/
$23 for a preorder (Steam key, since it's Steamworks) at Greenman Gaming with the code CIVGO-DSAND-KINGS if anyone is so inclined.
And if you don't have a Greenman Gaming account you can use this referralmajigger link to get $2 in credit (And give me $2 in credit) after you buy something. Wouldn't count toward this order, but it'd be available for your next. http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=munahatu

Kinda thinking I'll wait. I like Civ 5 alright, but I barely played it compared to Civ 4, and I don't really have enough faith that the expansion will really turn me around on it. Especially before reviews are out.
Disregard this. Expansion for $15 at CDkeyshere (Trustworthy, bought games from them from the past and just bought this from 'em which activated fine)
http://cdkeyshere.com/civilization-v-god-and-kings-dlc-cd-key.html

Haven't had a chance to play yet, but if anyone's interested there you go.

spectre

Arcane
I will be torrenting this sometime next week. Gonna check if it's anywhere near playable now.

So far, the reviews aren't optimistic, the Ai is supposedly the same and the added religion and spying are little more than gimmicks.
We'll see.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Its more of the same. Added options on top of the old game, all the faults, some new gimmicks. If you liked civ V youll like this, if not, well, at least it has some novelty value. Religions are quite entertaining.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its more of the same. Added options on top of the old game, all the faults, some new gimmicks. If you liked civ V youll like this, if not, well, at least it has some novelty value. Religions are quite entertaining.

A 100% this more of the same. It is a fun add-on over all, but it is more of the same with no innovations in it.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Religions are quite entertaining.

Indeed. I've only played the demo so far, but my start was very heavily weighted towards commerce, so I ran with it and built my strategy around amassing tons of gold. Then when I founded a religion, I elected to call it Bainerism, the religion of Mitt Romney, in which Free Markets are the infalliable truth and word of the almighty dollar.

Hey, I got a kick out of my larping, even if you guys don't!

spectre

Arcane
It's really a shame that the AI is so piss poor, because I'm having quite a bit of fun with the combat, with a bunch of units added, I'd hazard to say Civ 5 has the "best" combat so far, at least it produces reliable results and it's no longer binary - lose unit/kill unit.
Unfortunately, the AI simply cannot handle the new mechanics, and once you get the 3 range artillery (if you did it right, some of them should actually already be 4 range, 2 attacks per turn), you can blow anything apart with relative impunity.

I really dig how they handled religion. Customizing it to give you bonuses fitting your playstyle is pretty sweet. What's better, there is more than one use for it (earn a load of cash, buy a shitton of early units for piety, buy great people, improve happiness... etc.) It really fits and serves the game nicely.
Espionage on the other hand feels a bit lackluster, but I haven't played too much with it, stole a couple technologies, got some intel about planned AI backstabbing, has potential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom