Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Wunderbar

Arcane
Intredasting
Is it the hero of Ferelden in the middle?

Here of Ferelden is a Dalish female elf in canon, I believe. Was depicted that way in the novels and Inquisition's default world state, and some people at Bioware confirmed somewhere that is the intention.
that means HoF being backstabbed by Howe and later befriending Howe's son is now non-canon, huh.

Dodo1610

Arcane
There is no canon hero of Ferelden he or she is who ever you played in DAO. Bioware said countless times that the comics and books have their own canon that will never overwrite your decisions ingame. And they mostly kept that promise. At least to this day.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There is no canon hero of Ferelden he or she is who ever you played in DAO. Bioware said countless times that the comics and books have their own canon that will never overwrite your decisions ingame. And they mostly kept that promise. At least to this day.

I mean it's kind of semantics at this point, between "default" or "official" or "canon" or whatever. They're never gonna say "your choices didn't matter!" because it's bad marketing and they have this whole dumb pyramid built around carrying over choices (so far), but the point is whenever it's Bioware saying who the Hero of Ferelden was it was a female Dalish elf.

Will be interesting though, to see what they do in 4. Probably the same as Inquisition I guess, which sucks because it negatively impacts dialog to have to talk around it. Every game should pick a canon ending like the Fallout series does.

Terra

Cipher
Hero of Ferelden aka Warden doesn't exist to modern day Bioware as they aren't one of their precious voiced protagonists and thus are in a perpetual Schrodinger's Cat state of half-life.
Why would you want the HoF to make an appearance? Bioware would just butcher him.
Sad but true. I don't have any hopes for this IP anymore lol.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
No. You make all endins Canon. Shepard merged with the reapers, made them his slaves and then blew up the mass effect relays like a retard.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The world of Dragon Age needs a new hero – someone who can take on the evil forces threatening Thedas. Get a first look at some of the new locations you’ll discover and the factions fighting by your side in the next chapter of Dragon Age.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Bioware. Just don't back to your fucking hole for another 7 years instead of wasting time doing teaser trailers FFS.
template-this-is-worthless-0c6db91aec9c.jpg

Cross

Arcane
Placeholder for a dead franchise: The Game.

They have nothing to show. It's not even a proper trailer: most of the footage was generic fantasy concept art/mockups with some minor animation.

The Jester

Cipher

The world of Dragon Age needs a new hero – someone who can take on the evil forces threatening Thedas. Get a first look at some of the new locations you’ll discover and the factions fighting by your side in the next chapter of Dragon Age.

SnTlWWg.jpg

It's like they're trying to be generic as possible
OH YES GUYS THERE IS AN EVIIIIL COMING AND AND HEAR THIS...HEAR THIS!!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE HEEEEEEEEEERO WHO STOP THE EVIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! THAT'S CRAZY I KNOW.
Like come on Bioware, at least pretend that you are bringing something new to the table.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have 0 interest in this, I don't think AAA devs are capable of delivering good gameplay that isn't a balls-to-to-wall shooter like Doom in this day and age.

The Jester

Cipher
Placeholder for a dead franchise: The Game.

They have nothing to show. It's not even a proper trailer: most of the footage was generic fantasy concept art/mockups with some minor animation.
Bioware should just sell the IP to CDPR.:smug:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Bioware should just sell the IP to CDPR.:smug:

Because i'm sure they would make a amazing RPG. Imagine all the pointless loot , craft and barebones dialogue a Dragon Age made by them would have. Just thinking about make me want to end myself.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
What do you think we're going to lose, bros?

[ ] Choosing between male/female (male only for marketing purposes)
[ ] Choosing between races (human only)
[ ] Party members that level up and can be customized (closer to ME2/3 than ME1/Origins/II/Inquisition)
[ ] Party members at all (We felt we could tell a more focused story if..)

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, If the party is going to control like in Inquisition, I'd be fine losing them, and having the focus go into good single player action gameplay instead. Highly unlikely they'd go this road though.

If it's anything from your list it'll be the levelling. Everything else is way too important to their LARP/Romance Roleplay audience.
Dragon-Age-Gay-Romance-e1457223357340.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What do you think we're going to lose, bros?

[ ] Choosing between male/female (male only for marketing purposes)
[ ] Choosing between races (human only)
[ ] Party members that level up and can be customized (closer to ME2/3 than ME1/Origins/II/Inquisition)
[ ] Party members at all (We felt we could tell a more focused story if..)
[x] Your last shreds of dignity for even considering playing this abortion of a series

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Personally I think we're going to lose races. There's like 10 race-specific things in the entire game of inquisition per race and that took a goddamn year to implement. I don't even understand. Most of it is just "hello a dwarf i dont see a lot of dwarfs"

i miss telling the king of ferelden he was an idiot to his face

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom