Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Fallout 3 screens!

Tails

Arbiter
Wastelands don't look so bad, but the Behemoth is...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
behemoth.jpg

Hines? Is that you? :lol:

Herbert West

Arbiter
Nothing shocking, for good or bad, though the behemoth is to big, a bit like some post apocalyptic LOTR-style troll.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
What the HELL is that?

Behemoth feels... completely out of place. This is not Lord of the Rings...

And seriously, not only are these environments unbelievably dull and uninspiring, but also look like retextured beaches from Oblivion (thousands of ROCKS!)... They don't look bad, but...

VasikkA

Liturgist
NMA said:
Sorry for the low quality, it's all we have.
I think that would be more appropriate coming from Pete Hines' mouth.

Wasn't Behemoth a robot is FoT? Even that seems classier now than that ork thing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Somehow the grey landscape feels dull indeed. The original 2 Fallouts at least had brown landscape, and it looked a lot better.

Dark Elf

Erudite
I somehow can't shake the feeling that once you hit level 10 or so there will be dungeons full of nothing but behemoths...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
HAHHAH the fucking irony. I think Crytek shd've taken over Fallout license instead and turn it into a full FPS for crhistsakes, Beth is raping a corpse bad. At least Crytek would've turned it into a vampire or something.

MasPingon

Arcane
Kingston said:
"With mutants, talking obviously isn't an option."

Yea, I sort of see that now.

I'm sure there will be many other options to interact with the mutants. Just like in Oblivion, where you could be anyone and do anything you want.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
MasPingon said:
Kingston said:
"With mutants, talking obviously isn't an option."

Yea, I sort of see that now.

I'm sure there will be many other options to interact with the mutants. Just like in Oblivion, where you could be anyone and do anything you want.

1) sneak past it
2) attack it with fire
3) attack it with firearms
4) attack it with a melee weapon
5) minigame it into submission

See, so many options.

KTTdestroyer

Novice
Behamod or whatever the name, looks... dumb but at the same time, it looks like "it" has selfmade decorations and armour... makes the whole thing twice as dumb.

Mutants doesint seem to be able to talk... Some what the thing that we have read from interview with Peter Hines(i think)... So i guess, no Broken Hills in fallout 3.

Cassidy

Arcane
KTTdestroyer said:
Behamod or whatever the name, looks... dumb but at the same time, it looks like "it" has selfmade decorations and armour... makes the whole thing twice as dumb.

Mutants doesint seem to be able to talk... Some what the thing that we have read from interview with Peter Hines(i think)... So i guess, no Broken Hills in fallout 3.

Wrong! With the Fatman, hills filled with mutants will become Broken Hills.

Beh1.jpg

So Bethesda is doing a post-apocalyptic Doom 4 with Oblivion's gameplay? :shock:

I wonder why they did waste time with NPCs at all, they could just have putted all NPCs as enemies, considering it has everything ready to be converted into a shooter.

I have no doubts on how, in an ideal state of things, this game should be treated

KTTdestroyer

Novice
Yeah... I am new to this place (here thanks to Witcher review acually, though CD projekt page), nicely suprised that there are a lot of people that have taste similar to mine. This page seems like a revolution that is needed to turn things around in gaming, which as an industry heavly casual gamer orientated. I might be not totally clear, some substances have yet to leave my body from the weekends social advanture... however, how the things look to far, keep it up!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
KTTdestroyer said:
Yeah... I am new to this place (here thanks to Witcher review acually, though CD projekt page), nicely suprised that there are a lot of people that have taste similar to mine. This page seems like a revolution that is needed to turn things around in gaming, which as an industry heavly casual gamer orientated. I might be not totally clear, some substances have yet to leave my body from the weekends social advanture... however, how the things look to far, keep it up!

Behold the achievements of the Codex:

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13369

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom