Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New forums and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Since xJEDx and a few others have requested Strategy and SpaceSim forums(and more importantly agreed to donate some money to our host), I've decided to add those forums and move several threads in to them. I also changed the order around a bit so that they make sense in terms of priorities here.

Furthermore, if there's interest among you people, and since I've been playing a bit of Paranoia with the JParanoia Client/Server, I was rather wondering if anyone would want a forum in the RPG Gaming section covering internet client based PnP RPG gaming. Things like WebRPG, JParanoia, OpenRPG, etc. would be discussed there as well as sharing gaming sessions, logs of game sessions, match making, and so forth. Anyway, just kicking around an idea or two.

Deathy

Liturgist
I know we've had a few come in from google about internet client based PnP RPG gaming.

I'd be interested in such a forum, probably because that game of Paranoia last night was a shitload better than any other p&p experience I've ever had, and has made me reassess p&p gaming.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Playvault makes switching to horizons easier.

I took a look at that JParanoia site; It's neat stuff. I'll probably give it a go when I get the time.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
You can check out this log of the session Deathy is talking about where we played Paranoia using the JParanoia client. Other than MetalWyrm being a total shitbag and having to get removed, and various people having to leave during it only to be replaced by observers, it went pretty well.

Oh, the server locked up on me at the end of it, which is why there's no MISSION ASSESSMENT of it, but oh well.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'd donate $1 for it.

Saint_Proverbius said:
I also changed the order around a bit so that they make sense in terms of priorities here.
MMORPG Discussion is more important than news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom