Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Hacker game

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Saw the demo for this over at Avault and thought I would alert those interested in hacking games to it's existence. Looks interesting enough, I guess.

Street Hacker.

jvn3t

Novice
Awesome, I always find these pretty interesteing. Uplink was fun, but after my experience with programming in a Linux environment, working with shells and setting up my own firewalll box, it seemed kinda strange, like it was all off. Though I dug the whole "you're-in-the-future" spin they put on it.

I guess you gotta keep it simple to attract the most people (which can be a curse sometimes).

Looks like there's a action element to it too, from the screenshots it looks like you're infiltrating buildings, purchasing guns, have a real-life (?) character with stats and everything. That's something I haven't seen before.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Uplink felt a little too simple at times, and I have very little experience in programming/hacking. Still, if that game made me write code or something, I'd probably bail.

Fez

Erudite
I think you need to install the windows .net thingie to work that too. I may be thinking of another "hacking" game though.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The recent insurgence of Fallout Ranger probably scared them away. However, it isn't as if the Codex is getting any smaller - we're getting more and more regulars to fill in these days. At least, until someone scares them away.

Let's hope I don't get drunk again or we might just have a repeat of the "livejournal thread" debacle.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Exitium said:
Let's hope I don't get drunk again or we might just have a repeat of the "livejournal thread" debacle.

I heard asians can't handle alcohol (fun w stereotypes. Yay!) Apparently I can't either, as I fell asleep beneath a tree after biting my friends leg repeatedly. At least I was in a good mood and stayed the heck away from computers...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom