Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Kojima Game.

Alright, start the GAME THEORIES
You live a normal life as a worker in the factory in the bureaucratic world. You have a mortgage to pay. But only if you knew that your alien father from Zeta Arcturus who married your earthling mother is gone missing and your alien sister is trying to get in touch. The contact with your alien sister went very aggressive because she didn't know the language and human form. But something insidie of you was awaken and you felt she is your flesh and blood. You go to the mission to find your father who actually happens to be a king on alien world and the alien brood queen got upset her husband cheated on her.

This is just the intro.
This is actually a pretty cool plot start.

I recommend adding some incest subtext with the alien sister, people like that nowadays.
Also can we fit some convoluted conspiracies on this?

911 Jumper

Educated
The Xbox exclusive, which was previously known as Overdose, was officially introduced during The Game Awards last week, along with a teaser trailer showing close-ups of actors’ faces.

However, as spotted by Central Xbox, and verified by VGC using the trailer on the official Kojima Productions YouTube channel, the section involving German actor Udo Kier appears to have a hidden message in it.

While Kier is talking to the camera, faint letters appear in his mouth during five separate frames, which can be seen easier if the video’s brightness levels are adjusted (as we’ve done in the header image of this article, where you can see the letter A).

In order, the letters spell out ‘Atami’, which is a Japanese city located in Shizuoka Prefecture. The kanji spelling of Shizuoka is 静岡, and when separated into individual kanji, 静 means ‘calm’, ‘quiet’ or ‘silent’ and 岡 means ‘hill’.

It certainly appears, then, that Kojima is making a reference to Silent Hill in the trailer, but it’s not clear why.

Hideo Kojima appears to have snuck a Silent Hill message into his OD trailer

911 Jumper

Educated

GBGHSjGagAAGDoW

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Kojimbo said:
It seems I have been acknowledged by creating games that go against the current of the times, such as "hide-and-seek" games where you sneak into a building without being detected by the enemy, or "delivery games" where you enjoy moving around in an open world, For me, the most experimental game was "defeating vampires outside your house" using actual sunlight around you. It was met with fierce opposition from the staff and even within the company. In that sense, "OD" is just as different.

:avatard:

TheKing01

Literate
I legitimately think Kojima fans are all afflicted with the same mental disorder and it has to include some sort of disillusionment to who Hideo Kojima actually is and the quality of his works.

Then again - to continue to idolize someone who created Death Stranding is a feat of loyalty in of itself, so I'll give them that.

That kind of sounds like the time of day is going to effect the game somehow. If he’s bring up that Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand Gameboy Advanced game he worked on and how it used a light sensor on the cartridge to charge the solar weapons, it seems like his new horror game will use the clock; unless there’s something packed in with the game you have to do something with.

Jaded Ojisan

Barely Literate
What's incredibly annoying about Kojima is his slavish, pants-wetting adulation of Hollywood. Man didn't think twice before jettisoning the voice talent that had been with him from the start (e.g. David Hayter) to cast Kiefer as Big Boss. Same with Death Stranding - like, how much of a brown noser you have to be to beg your filmmaking friends to use their LIKENESS (Refn, Del Toro) in your Uber Eats delivery simulator? Just make a movie, dude.

911 Jumper

Educated
Kojima Productions' distinctive high tech aesthetic is second to none. It's just a shame it's all hooked up to Kojima's increasingly goofy storytelling.

911 Jumper

Educated
Kojima Productions' distinctive high tech aesthetic is second to none. It's just a shame it's all hooked up to Kojima's increasingly goofy storytelling.
It's mostly thanks to Yoji Shinkawa's designs.
Undoubtedly, a sci-fi Kojima game without Shinkawa's character and mechanical designs would be a strange thing. It's a shame they stopped putting his artwork on the game covers. MGSV and Death Stranding's CG covers are awful.

Machocruz

Arcane
Shinkawa gives the games a cool factor that almost make you forget/overlook the cringe shit. The tech designs are on par with the best of film and anime/manga sf, rare for video games. Too bad Katsuhiro Otomo or Mamoru Oshii don't run a game studio.

911 Jumper

Educated
From what I remember, Kojima originally wanted Stefanie Joosten to play the role of Fragile, but then for some reason [it does make you wonder] decided to pick Lea Seydoux instead. Talk about downgrade.

Ezekiel

Arcane
From what I remember, Kojima originally wanted Stefanie Joosten to play the role of Fragile, but then for some reason [it does make you wonder] decided to pick Lea Seydoux instead. Talk about downgrade.
The downgrade is the original faces in older Hideo Kojima games replaced by expensive celebrities that remind the player of the real world.

911 Jumper

Educated
The downgrade is the original faces in older Hideo Kojima games replaced by expensive celebrities that remind the player of the real world.
I agree. The great thing about Solid Snake, Otacon, Meryl, etc was that they only existed in the game world (in this case the Metal Gear Solid universe, specifically).
There was no chance of reading about Snake being involved in a celebrity scandal or seeing photographs of him drunkenly stumbling out of a nightclub. There was a purity with those older characters that has gone with Kojima's decision to employ famous actors and actresses.

As you say, the celebrities remind you of the real world, to say nothing of the product placement in his recent games. I think it shows poor judgement on Kojima's part, and it also further reveals his desire to be associated with big names above everything, even if immersion takes a hit.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
All this bullshit surrounding Kojima's projects is very entertaining. Much more so than his games.

:avatard:

911 Jumper

Educated
One of the actors associated with this OD project is a tranny – a first for Kojima if I am correct.
The director Jordan Peele is also involved. Make of that what you will.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was a bit of a fan up until Death Stranding. The game is not entirely bad, but the self-wankery, especially after the release is just too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom