Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New screenshot from The Witcher

Higher Game

Arcane
Games with excellent graphics do tend to be lacking in the RPG department. Rogue-likes have the greatest depth in RPGness. It's difficult reaching a compromise.

Hory

Erudite
I'm not saying that having a game with good graphics ensures shallow gameplay. I'm saying if they had something better than graphics, they'd showcase that, which they don't. And yeah, most old games which had bad graphics are better than most new ones which don't. And I'm not talking about extremes such as black&white text-mode ones. With today's technology it's relatively easy to have decent graphics.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Good graphics dont make a game bad, what makes them bad is when they waste a large amount of the budget into graphics.

OMG CHECK OUT THIS TROLL HOW CRAZY.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Higher Game said:
Games with excellent graphics do tend to be lacking in the RPG department. Rogue-likes have the greatest depth in RPGness. It's difficult reaching a compromise.
Fallout and Ultima VII had excellent graphics, and those are the two best RPGs you can find. Darklands also had very nice graphics (aside from the world map).

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah just take a look at Dungeon Lords. It looks like shit. Plays like shit, too. So much for the 'good graphics = bad gameplay' argument.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
BTW, there's a full-page interview with Jacek Komuda (one of the game's designers) in Poland's biggest daily paper today and the guy says that the game will be ready in 12 months or later... :x

obediah

Erudite
they look pretty...

except I hate the effect where everything looks like you were just tested for glaucoma, even more annoying then lens flares

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom