Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Shadow Warrior from Hard Reset devs - out now

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
GB1TNq7.jpg

http://www.gamefront.com/devolver-digital-flying-wild-hog-shadow-warrior/

If new images are any indication, Devolver Digital and Flying Wild Hog are working on a new Shadow Warrior game.
Just a few minutes ago, an anonymous tipster pointed us towards an unlocked FTP under the ShadowWarrior.com URL. The images within have a new Shadow Warrior logo, complete with a dead Yakuza member (see above). Below is the logo itself (also found here).
Along with the dead Yakuza and logo images are several PNG files with “Flying Wild Hog” in the title, which means the Hard Reset developer is presumably involved in the remake or sequel.
Furthermore, ShadowWarrior.com has what appears to be some concept art on the front page (in fact, it’s the same background as in the above image, but sans-dead Yakuza).

Another DNF treatment, or something actually good this time? Hard Reset was ok, but if they're trying to make this "serious" and "realistic", the devs will all need to commit seppuku.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
These fuckers need to get a whole lot better to even earn the right to watch Wang wash wang, let alone make a game about Wang washing wang. Hard reset wasn't exactly full popamole, but it was too short and had a shitload of problems.

Eyeball

Arcane
Shadow Warrior one of the most underrated FPSes of all time, along with Outlaws and NOLF 1. I would LOVE to see a sequel with the same chinky-chink chop-socky racist approach.

I just don't see how it could be done today. FPSes are now too dang serious for their own good.

Well, apart from Borderlands, of course.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
On one hand, I want to yell "Whooooo want-a some Wang"

But then I remember how fucking bad was Hard Reset and reconsider.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"You have no honor! " "A ninja knows no fear."

First thing to do would be to hire a guy doing quotes of Wang. He was perfect, just like Duke or Caleb. The shareware episode should be a guide to Flying Wild Hog how to make good single player experience. If they will go with serious business route it will be a failure. I must try Redneck Rampage, didn't remember anything from it, only terrible sewer level.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Judging by Hard Reset, thier idea of old FPS design is to kill alot of monsters on a monocromatic corridor.

Multi-headed Cow

Doubt they'll be able to make levels of Build engine complexity, doubt they'll make it as crude as Shadow Warrior, and doubt they'll make it as gory as Shadow Warrior, but I'm still happy someone's attempting it at least.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I only have a single shred of hope because it's being published by the same blokes that published Serious Sam: BFE. So at least there shouldn't be any (big) retardo publisher-induced PCness.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I only have a single shred of hope because it's being published by the same blokes that published Serious Sam: BFE. So at least there shouldn't be any (big) retardo publisher-induced PCness.
They didn't need a publisher to fuck up SS3.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Shadow Warrior is like Doom: the kind of games that doesn't need sequels ; rather it needs mods, lots of mods, a fucking buttload of mods.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
"Is your refrigerator running? Better catch it then! Hahahah!"

"I'd rather kick ass than solve puzzle!"

Yeah, extremely anti-PC game with some neat features, but overall many of the levels felt bland and uninteresting. Not like Duke3D or Blood at all, but at least better than Redneck Rampage. I knew something was wrong when I could fire the nuke missile and hide behind a ROADSIGN to escape from it alive.

Multi-headed Cow

Shadow Warrior is like Doom: the kind of games that doesn't need sequels ; rather it needs mods, lots of mods, a fucking buttload of mods.

ARE YOU DENYING THE GREATNESS OF DOOM 2?

:mob:

DraQ

Arcane
"Is your refrigerator running? Better catch it then! Hahahah!"

"I'd rather kick ass than solve puzzle!"

Yeah, extremely anti-PC game with some neat features, but overall many of the levels felt bland and uninteresting. Not like Duke3D or Blood at all, but at least better than Redneck Rampage. I knew something was wrong when I could fire the nuke missile and hide behind a ROADSIGN to escape from it alive.
I actually liked SW more than DN3D (but less than Blood).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom