Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

new vegas nexus drama

Antihero

Liturgist
DalekFlay said:
Antihero said:
That's a fair point, but as long as Steam is still around you can easily redownload or backup your games locally.

I don't consider a backup that needs authorization to install to be a real backup. I like having DRM-free backups of my games so I know they will always work.
You'll get no argument from me there - one thing I have against Steam is that when they pull the plug on it, you'll lose everything unless you find cracks for it or for your games. There's some fantasy out there that Steam will release a patch to free up everything. (Maybe for their own games if they can be bothered to, but good luck with third party publishers). Not to mention the even worse DRM some publishers throw on top the Steam DRM, but not in the DVD release.

Overweight Manatee said:
User has been banned for installing the game without Steam in violation of the EULA.

If you installed the game without steam then you never agreed to an EULA :retarded:

Aren't .fomm files simply standard .rar or .7z files though? Don't see how this could stop you from using doing anything really. Modder behind it is sane, Nexus reaction quite lulzy.
Makes some sense to take a hard stance against cracks or piracy on a mod download site that by its nature is already borderline warez with texture mods and other files not covered by a toolset, so they try to at least ensure you have those files legitimately to begin with - and by "ensure" it's assume you do until you're dumb enough to admit that you just might not. (And of course no DLC files or ways to bypass game checks.)

Black

Arcane
Amusing, since I can run all mods just fine using the good ol' method. Paste into the data folder, tick the mods in data files and done.

roll-a-die

Magister
Black said:
Amusing, since I can run all mods just fine using the good ol' method. Paste into the data folder, tick the mods in data files and done.
The problem is Bethesda's engine is a PoS and will fuck up if you load too many mods at once in the wrong order.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
roll-a-die said:
Black said:
The problem is Bethesda's engine is a PoS and will fuck up if you load too many mods at once in the wrong order.

You could just use the GECK and combine most of the mods you use into one esp.

Black

Arcane
roll-a-die said:
Black said:
Well, the bethesda engine is PoS and will fuck up sooner or later, mods or no mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom