Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo DS Emulation

spekkio

Arcane
I've tested Desmume 3649 (newer build that the one that 0.96 final is based) and it definitelly works faster than older ones (~34xx). After switching 3D renderer to OpenGl and Sound Mode to Synchronous, everything (except Demention 2) works like charm.

BTW: Stop with those retarded new protection thingies, Nintento! ATM it's hard to tell if game doesn't work because of emulation bug or because of new AIDS from Nintendo. FFS!

j76vl4.jpg

*Fake Edit:
I see that tinypic introduced Captcha HIV. Well, was nice knowing you, guys.

*Real Edit:
I've also tested iDeaS 1.0.3.5 and it still sucks :mhd:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
OpenGL will usualy work faster, but it can't emulate everything the softrasterizer can. Luckily there is a key to quickly switch from one to the other.

Multi-headed Cow

Dementium 2 you have to run a crack on, at least for running it on a DS. Not sure if the crack works with emulators.

Multi-headed Cow

By the way, if you want some brahsome brownage DS piracy go over here. http://www.romulation.net/NDS/

Have to do a free account if you want to download more than 2 files a day, but files under 50 megs (Most/many DS games) don't eat up points on their points system. Otherwise a free account starts with 500 points and gains 25 a day. If you hit a file that uses points, it's 1 meg to 1 point conversion. Can also just torrent 'em but this seems to work better.

Multi-headed Cow

But then you have to download it (If you have a crappy connection like me) and sort through it to find what crap you want. Plus there are some new games like Dementium 2 and Picross 3D.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
As far as I can tell, it is updated regularly so you won't miss the new games for long. You can easily chose what to download by ticking a box next to the desired file, so you do not have to get whole torrent at once.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Multi-headed Cow said:
But then you have to download it (If you have a crappy connection like me) and sort through it to find what crap you want. Plus there are some new games like Dementium 2 and Picross 3D.
Surf your bovine butt back over to Romulation. Torrents are not necessary.

Multi-headed Cow

Andyman Messiah said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
I linked it a few posts up. And then Gragt started espousing torrents and I was calling him a big poop head.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Multi-headed Cow said:
I linked it a few posts up. And then Gragt started espousing torrents and I was calling him a big poop head.

You, sir, are a dumbass and even Jesus thinks so.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Multi-headed Cow said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Ducks are well known for their huge dicks.

spekkio

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
Dementium 2 you have to run a crack on, at least for running it on a DS. Not sure if the crack works with emulators.
Thanks for stating the obvious, I've tested both cracks and game still doesn't work on Desmume, but works on No$Gba even without any cracks. That's why I wrote about Nintendo protection making me confuse. :?

Multi-headed Cow said:
By the way, if you want some brahsome brownage DS piracy go over here. http://www.romulation.net/NDS/
Have to do a free account if you want to download more than 2 files a day, but files under 50 megs (Most/many DS games) don't eat up points on their points system. Otherwise a free account starts with 500 points and gains 25 a day. If you hit a file that uses points, it's 1 meg to 1 point conversion.
http://www.naspev.com and many similar sites where you can find links for free... www.google.com works too.

Multi-headed Cow said:
But then you have to download it (If you have a crappy connection like me) and sort through it to find what crap you want.
PC elitism at it's best. Let me quote Gragt on that:

Gragt said:
You can easily chose what to download by ticking a box next to the desired file, so you do not have to get whole torrent at once.
:roll:

Andyman Messiah said:
2/10

Gragt said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
You, sir, are a dumbass and even Jesus thinks so.

Seconded. :smug:

Andyman Messiah said:
Ducks are well known for their huge dicks.
MD17.jpg

tl;dr

:rpgcodex:

Multi-headed Cow

But then you're ticking through the files so it's still sorting through them which is more of a pain in the ass than just downloading whatever games you're after!

Multi-headed Cow

I'm butthurt he got Princess Maker and I didn't get Gaider. :rpgcodex:

Multi-headed Cow

Oh my god this is terrible, Romulation is no longer hosting DS roms.

BROS IS THERE ANOTHER COOL WEBPAGE WITH DS ROMS OR AM I GOING TO HAVE TO FIND A TORRENT

Multi-headed Cow

Unfortunately it looks like Naspev is kinda crappy for non-current games, download links are almost all hosed. Bumbled into "Rom Freaks" and they're looking fairly promising.

I think Puzzle Quest 2 is due this week/the next, so that might be enjoyable. And it looks like 2 more Professor Layton games are headed toward the DS. And Etrian Odyssey 3 which are apparently hardcore old-school dungeon crawlers I haven't gotten around to trying yet.

And since I'm rambling, lurked the Romulation forum a little earlier and found this thread. Slight consoletard incline? http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43283.0

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom