Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
what.the.hell

I don't know if console players can survive so much incline. Funny that all they have shown was the lightsaber combat, they omitted the FPS parts for some reason.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If we could get a proper modern day Jedi Knight...... I consider Jedi Knight 1 as one of the best fps ever, then it is jedi knight 2 and academy after that..... academy was kind of dissapointment for me, there was only 3rd person mode and you used a lightsaber mainly, they made an action platformer out of academy instead of an fps.

Jedi Knight 2 is kind of a mix of jedi knight 1 and academy, you have the 3rd person mode but it also retains 1st person and there's a lot of weapons.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
. academy was kind of dissapointment for me, there was only 3rd person mode
What?

and you used a lightsaber mainly
Well it was up to the player. I liked using regular weapons a lot.

I guess my memory is failing me :P For some reason i played mainly in 3rd person mode with a lightsaber.....maybe because the weapons feeled gimped compared to the lightsaber? I don't remember anymore.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I guess it was because in Jedi Knight 1 you would get a lightsaber in like 1/3 of the game, but in academy you have the lightsaber from the get go? It made me not use weapons so much because the combo of force powers + lightsaber felt more powerfull than weapons i guess.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess it was because in Jedi Knight 1 you would get a lightsaber in like 1/3 of the game, but in academy you have the lightsaber from the get go? It made me not use weapons so much because the combo of force powers + lightsaber felt more powerfull than weapons i guess.
Yes. I didn't like it that you had the lightsaber from the getgo, it would have been more impactful if you had to earn it.

J1M

Arcane
Looks like the best Star Wars product release since Republic Commando.

throwaway

Cipher
Is there's much of a running-pc-games-via-Linux scene on the homebrew?
I've been eyeing a dedicated gaming system and this, including the multi platform releases or stuff like Souls or DOS2 has made me dream of the perfect compromise between convenience and pc-oriented gaming tastes.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Pssstt! Hey kid you wanna buy a copy of one of the most stylish games ever? It's only 20 bucks...

academy was kind of dissapointment for me, there was only 3rd person mode and you used a lightsaber mainly, they made an action platformer out of academy instead of an fps.

academy is the best in terms of lightsaber combat

Last edited:

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Wow, the Link's Awakening Remake runs like shit on my switch. The fps drops very low on the overworld map.
This game looks like a 3DS game. Why.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wow, the Link's Awakening Remake runs like shit on my switch. The fps drops very low on the overworld map.

Since I own a Switch thanks to a friend and like Zelda stuff I am tempted to get this, but I feel like I'd rather wait 5 years and play it via emulation.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah I was planning on getting it. But I'll wait for a 2nd hand copy or when it's cheap(not likely). But my local game store usually has a lot of new 2nd hand games very soon

An Android machine where you can just plug the controllers with no hassle, and remove them to use it as a tablet, now that would be a good idea.

Nvidia was pretty much there already with the Shield, but they dropped the portable version and just have a TV box now.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The Switch will miss out on CP2077, but at least Switch owners will be able to play Tranny Cab Driver Simulator 2077;

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom