Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No More Room In Hell (H-L2 Mod)

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Game is entertaining, but could use some more players ;)

screenshot_2.jpg

"No More Room in Hell" (http://www.nomoreroominhell.com/) is basically a Hardcore Left 4 Dead. With (mostly) slow zombies that you need to hit in the head to effectively kill.

Anyone else here playing? What are your impressions?

Official Feature list:
  • Co-operative play with up to eight players.
  • Dynamic Objective Maps: The next playthrough may not be the same like the last!
  • Survival Mode: Defend and maintain your shelter against the undead in the hopes of getting extracted to a safe area.
  • A realistic approach: In short, no crosshairs and HUD. In addition, ammo and weapons are extremely scarce. With that in mind, aim down your sights and shoot for the head!
  • Multitude of different opponents: Ranging from the iconic "walking zombie" to the more contemporary "runners", NMRiH will keep you on your toes with a mix of dangerous foes to face down. However, the most dangerous enemy may not always be the walking dead...
  • Infection: One bite may be what it takes to bring you down. If infected, you must decide if you want to alert your team to rid you of your burden, or to keep quiet in the hopes of finding a cure...
  • 34 weapons and counting, ranging from the diminutive .22 Target Pistol, to the almighty Chainsaw.
  • Powered by Source
In addition to that:
  • Ammo is scarce, you can't kill everything and have to navigate through hordes of zombies without engaging / just shoving them out of the way quite often
  • One life only (or on very long maps maximum one respawn option roughly halfway through the the map). Time to get through a map: highly dependent on the map and group, but I figure it can take anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes. On Survival maps you respawn at the start of each of the 10 waves.
  • Friendly Fire enabled by default
  • Melee system where Zombies can grab you (you can also shove them away / out of the way)
  • Weight system where you can't (and also shouldn't) hoard everything
  • Teamplay needed to survive - no Rambo shit here.
  • Running and Melee attacking costs Stamina, once you're out it takes some time to catch your breath again. Further discouraging running & gunning your way through the hordes.
Negative points:
  • Many people seem to lack the patience waiting for a respawn when they die (damn noobs), encourages "Server hopping"
  • While there's a nice variety in Weapons both Melee and Ranged, there's a distinct lack in different Zombie types.
  • Some Sound effects are subpar

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hmmm, I might give this a shot. While I appreciate the design decision involved with creating a long respawn I have to admit that I wouldn't want to sit there for twenty minutes doing nothing.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Hmmm, I might give this a shot. While I appreciate the design decision involved with creating a long respawn I have to admit that I wouldn't want to sit there for twenty minutes doing nothing.

Yes. Get it. Just finished playing a few survival rounds. This is good stuff.

Fucking pills, though.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
So yesterday we had some inclined Codex games with AP, Felipe, Popcorn, Hoax and me. Playing with a "fixed" group is even better (who would have thought? ;))
Still we weren't able to beat a single map :lol: truly hardcore!

/e: Metro since you will not die immediately after spawning and not all games see the end because of the whole group dying, respawntimes of 20 minutes will basically never happen.
I'd estimate you would have to sit in idle mode worst case scenario perhaps 5 minutes, and you can always chat with the other dead, enjoying the remaining survivors dying and failing horribly :)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, the respawn stuff doesn't bother at all when playing with bros, you can just keep chatting and seeing the remaining players slowly dying.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Every time I play this game there's a bunch of Russians who take every single weapon, with some exception of shitty melee ones (like knives), block the doors so zombie could kill you, talk in Russian via microphone, even though I try to explain to them kindly that I don't understand Russian and would prefer to communicate in English and if they haven't killed you, they totally don't care about you or even try to abandon you and stick only to other Russians.

Decent game, terrible community. CDS members don't want to play with me either, so I just won't play it again.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Every time I play this game there's a bunch of Russians who take every single weapon, with some exception of shitty melee ones (like knives), block the doors so zombie could kill you, talk in Russian via microphone, even though I try to explain to them kindly that I don't understand Russian and would prefer to communicate in English and if they haven't killed you, they totally don't care about you or even try to abandon you and stick only to other Russians.

Decent game, terrible community. CDS members don't want to play with me either, so I just won't play it again.

Probably the only reason why I still think Zombie Panic is better since no wait time and most servers are English and with only 1 server for Russians and insta kick or ban for people not using English. Also Rocket for Day Z team has stated that the stats they have gotten from the Day Z mod shows that Russians are always dicks to anyone not Russian and they shoot on sight.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
OFFICIAL: Children Zombies
To officially address the topic of children zombies:

We will not be removing them. They are a core component of our game design, our design philosophy, and our long-term vision for NMRiH. Part of our goal was to create a zombie game not based on killing and action, but on tension and fear and moral and ethical choice. We are attempting to simulate a real-world collapse of society as a result of a lethal epidemic. If you cannot handle it, do not play the game. We are sorry that some people seem to be offended for one reason or another but we are NOT going to censor our game and our vision.

Reading some posts by players off-put by the zombie children, being unable to shoot them on first encounter.. that is something that we set out to achieve. That reaction is actually intentional, that is what we wanted. This is a game about survival.

Our game is free, and we developed it solely out of passion and fun to make the zombie game we always wanted. If you do not like it, we are sorry and it's unfortunate but this is a no-compromise situation.

We appreciate any and all feedback on the game, as always.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224260/discussions/0/684839199339308445/

:bravo:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tried this for an hour. Gamma/darkness levels are over-the-top bad. I get you want to be atmospheric but even WITH a flashlight 75% or more of your field of view is utter darkness. It's more tedious than challenging.

I think for teenagers it's normal to shoot in teenagers in games. Children are more cruel than adults, a-ha-ha. OK, this was just trolling.
Look at of "The Last of Us" that guys is getting adult audience by playing on parent feelings.
I wanted to play with my fellow adults, who have children, just like me. I'm sure none of them will play this game, without that option. The question is whether devs wants to add more audience to this mod.

I'm not saying that "YOU MUST REMOVE CHILDREN ZOMBIES FROM YOU GAME, YOU CRUEL ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥S".
I'm saying "please add option to turn it off"

:retarded:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
I think for teenagers it's normal to shoot in teenagers in games. Children are more cruel than adults, a-ha-ha. OK, this was just trolling.
Look at of "The Last of Us" that guys is getting adult audience by playing on parent feelings.
I wanted to play with my fellow adults, who have children, just like me. I'm sure none of them will play this game, without that option. The question is whether devs wants to add more audience to this mod.

I'm not saying that "YOU MUST REMOVE CHILDREN ZOMBIES FROM YOU GAME, YOU CRUEL ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥S".
I'm saying "please add option to turn it off"

:retarded:

Where did this quote come from?

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
OFFICIAL: Children Zombies
To officially address the topic of children zombies:

We will not be removing them. They are a core component of our game design, our design philosophy, and our long-term vision for NMRiH. Part of our goal was to create a zombie game not based on killing and action, but on tension and fear and moral and ethical choice. We are attempting to simulate a real-world collapse of society as a result of a lethal epidemic. If you cannot handle it, do not play the game. We are sorry that some people seem to be offended for one reason or another but we are NOT going to censor our game and our vision.

Reading some posts by players off-put by the zombie children, being unable to shoot them on first encounter.. that is something that we set out to achieve. That reaction is actually intentional, that is what we wanted. This is a game about survival.

Our game is free, and we developed it solely out of passion and fun to make the zombie game we always wanted. If you do not like it, we are sorry and it's unfortunate but this is a no-compromise situation.

We appreciate any and all feedback on the game, as always.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224260/discussions/0/684839199339308445/

:bravo:

True bros, that did not step down when the PC police attacked. Good for them!

Dr Tomo

Learned
Just started playing it and good god does it need a lot of polish with the zombie hit boxes and glitches. But for the most part it isn't too bad and I do enjoy the challenge when you compare it to l4d which in comparison very casual. Also good to know that they aren't taking out the kids as I always find it odd that much of the material on zombies rarely feature kids being infected.

Just started playing it and good god does it need a lot of polish with the zombie hit boxes and glitches. But for the most part it is
Tried this for an hour. Gamma/darkness levels are over-the-top bad. I get you want to be atmospheric but even WITH a flashlight 75% or more of your field of view is utter darkness. It's more tedious than challenging.

Slightly tedious, but I like how they make the darkness a feature of the game unlike l4d where it was really irrelevant.

DefJam101

Arcane
Very good zombie game. Great (read: slow, tense) pacing, limited ammunition, heavy focus on teamwork and communication.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom