Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Now that we have had Fallout: New Vegas out...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
... for a couple of months or so, do you believe that Bethesda should allow Obsidian to work on the next Fallout game? Do you think Bethesda would allow Obsidian to work on the next Fallout game? If you feel that Obsidian did a poor job with Fallout: New Vegas, what other developer could work on it?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Of course I think they should allow Obsidian to make new Fallout. And I think they will. They will focus on TES while Obsidian will make Fallouts for them.

DragoFireheart

Konjad said:
Of course I think they should allow Obsidian to make new Fallout. And I think they will. They will focus on TES while Obsidian will make Fallouts for them.

This is what I am hoping will happen. I personally feel that OE did a great job on Fallout: NV (minus the bugs, but that sorta goes hand-in-hand with these sort of games) and pretty much shows how much of a piece of shit Fallout 3 is in comparison. I get the funny feeling they took a lot of content from Van Buren and stuck it into new vegas.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DragoFireheart said:
do you believe that Bethesda should allow Obsidian to work on the next Fallout game?
Yes.

DragoFireheart said:
Do you think Bethesda would allow Obsidian to work on the next Fallout game?
No, I'm afraid. At most, on another spin-off.

DragoFireheart said:
what other developer could work on it?
I dunno, but I know I'd love a first person turn-based dungeon crawler as a Fallout spin-off. Yeah, I'm a pervert. So, uhm, maybe Atlus? :P

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Well hopefully DS3 succeeds (and is also a good game by Codex standards), in which case Obsidian's horizons will really open up.

DragoFireheart

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Do you think Bethesda would allow Obsidian to work on the next Fallout game?

Is bethesda already working on the next fallout game? Yes.

I know they said they waned to work on the canon games, but there is a possibility they could change their minds. Where did you hear that Bethesda is in fact already working on Fallout 4? Isn't Skyrim bigger fish to fry at the moment?

DragoFireheart

Clockwork Knight said:
I imagine they aren't focusing 100% of their people on Skyrim. If they want FO4 to be delivered on a reasonable time, I think they'd be already working on its foundations.

I suppose. It'd be interesting if they did hand over the Fallout series to OE to play with while they just focus on Elder Scrolls. They'd be able to have more games with their name on it coming out, which equals more profit.

Not like I care if Skyrim comes out after the shit that was Oblivion.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
DragoFireheart said:
Where did you hear that Bethesda is in fact already working on Fallout 4? Isn't Skyrim bigger fish to fry at the moment?
didn't they prohibit obsidian from using a lot of stuff from van buren docs because they wanted to use it themselves in the future? i seem to vaguely recall something like that floating around the net before new vegas came out... wouldn't make sense to do that unless they already started at least early conceptual phase, imo.

DragoFireheart

SuicideBunny said:
didn't they prohibit obsidian from using a lot of stuff from van buren docs because they wanted to use it themselves in the future? i seem to vaguely recall something like that floating around the net before new vegas came out... wouldn't make sense to do that unless they already started at least early conceptual phase, imo.

Pete Hines said otherwise:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren_tech_demo

When asked about it, Bethesda's Pete Hines replied: "(...) releasing someone else's unfinished product, or assets from it, is not something we intend to do."

That leads me to believe that Bethesda will likely focus on the east coast and they may simply allow OE to work on the west coast.

SolipsisticUrge

Educated
I would hope so, but I doubt Bethesda will completely turn over Fallout development to obsidian. Given New Vegas' generally positive reception, I certainly wouldn't doubt another spin-off title or direct sequel to New Vegas somewhere down the road, but, unfortunately, I feel Fallout 4 will still be Bethesda-made.

One reason: look at mainstream review scores. New Vegas, a better game in every way, received lower scores across the board for whatever reason (some combination of corruption and 2-year-old graphics being hopelessly outdated, I'm sure). Gotta get those PERFIKT 100/10 GOTY marks, man.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
SolipsisticUrge said:
One reason: look at mainstream review scores. New Vegas, a better game in every way, received lower scores across the board for whatever reason (some combination of corruption and 2-year-old graphics being hopelessly outdated, I'm sure). Gotta get those PERFIKT 100/10 GOTY marks, man.

Yeah, but it still got a rather negative response regarding the bugs (which are apparently so much worse than F3) and other things.

The funny thing is that it gets judged on a much higher level than Fallout 3. Even Bethesda board retards bitch about the Legion and other stuff which leads to people actually comparing F3 favorable to New Vegas.

I never knew that soo much people liked dumbfucked shit like the Fallout 3 vault intro or Three Dog.

WHY THE FUCK DOES SOMEONE LIKE THREEDOG

:x

SolipsisticUrge said:
One reason: look at mainstream review scores. New Vegas, a better game in every way, received lower scores across the board for whatever reason

"Not Bethesda". They may prettify the review a bit, mention some things like bugs imported from FO3 that should've been fixed already, but in the end the answer almost always amounts to that.

CrimHead

Scholar
This is a one time thing. Bethesda just allowed Obshit to develop New Vegas to appease the rabid Fallout fanboy faggots (FFF) ie. YOU.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
CrimHead said:
This is a one time thing. Bethesda just allowed Obshit to develop New Vegas to appease the rabid Fallout fanboy faggots (FFF) ie. YOU.

I need to start putting people with sengoku rance avatars on ignore list

desocupado

Magister
Shit, I'm just glad to have played a good game in the sea of decline.

It had it's flaws, some inherited from the crappy engine (or Bethesda's handling of it, I don't know which to blame), but it also had all sorts of awesomeness.

CrimHead

Scholar
Nah it's cool Konjad, New Vegas just strikes me as Beth throwing a little bone to the traditional Fallout fanbase...

And not much more than that, unfortunately.

dr. one said:
Clockwork Knight said:
All the 50 of us?

yes. the rest just got tricked into it.
and now Bethesda is fucked.

Damn, did I miss the scheduled RPGCodex invasion of the TESF forums or is that some serious :incline: happening over there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom