Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[NSFW] OpenXcom Piratez. Grrrl power, ahoy!

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Demo.Graph, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    Chapter 1 - First blood

Small jetcraft whooshes through the night.
    [​IMG]

Ambient

Show Spoiler

[​IMG] Where are we going?
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG] To the north.

[​IMG] Where's that?

[​IMG] Quit being stupid, Four.

[​IMG] I'm bored.

[​IMG] Have some 'shine and don't whine.

[​IMG] But muuum.

One of the women moved from the cockpit to the seats in the back of the craft.

[​IMG] Cap'n sez we'll be there soon.

[​IMG] Where there?

[​IMG] Yes, where?

[​IMG] Iron tribe.

[​IMG] Stupid name.

[​IMG] You're stupid.

[​IMG] I'm not the one called namba sex.

[​IMG] It's Six, Four.

[​IMG] I'm bored being Four. Can't I be, like, ninety-nine?

[​IMG] There's too much of you already.

[​IMG] And not enough of you it seems. That pudding you hawked...

[​IMG] Quiet, y'all.

[​IMG] Yes, Miss Two, miss.

[​IMG] We be getting down.

Pilot had shifted the earphones on the neck and half-turned her head to the crew.

[​IMG] Okay, girls. In five minute time we're landing near the group of those whores from the lab.

[​IMG] Punching time!

[​IMG] Exactly. Fancyass said they've spotted a craft that looked for us. So we came to look for them.

[​IMG] Isn't it dangerous?

[​IMG] Dem be wimps. Dontcha remember?

[​IMG] If they're looking for us, shouldn't we hide?

[​IMG] No. Fancyass said, they totally lost our track and went to the tribelands for some reason. If we get them here, their higher ups gonna reckon we be here somewhere. So we'll be hiding even better.

[​IMG] Nice.

[​IMG] Yes. So we land, bash their heads in and fly away.

[​IMG] Yarr!

The craft dived in.
    Ambient

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG] Imma landin'! Get straight forward and bash 'em fast!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Aye aye, cap'n!

The landing was quick.

[​IMG]

The team quickly dispersed through thin undergrowth. First enemy fell before she had even realised anything. The second managed to notice a shade and get it in the head.

[​IMG]

Another two followed.

[​IMG]

Girls got fully accustomed to the darkness. When two more enemies came to check the commotion, they were quickly noticed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One fell quickly

[​IMG]

But the last one had managed to bruise captain's brow.

[​IMG]

The bigger club didn't save her, though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] That's all of them!

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG] Six-zero!

[​IMG] We did great, gals!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] YAAAY!

[​IMG] Was that fun?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Yes!

[​IMG] Should we do it again?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Yes! Yes! Yes!

[​IMG] Yes?

[​IMG] You reckon what we just did?

[​IMG] We raided da airship. We mugged them in style! And we'd loot all dem stuff up dem undies!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Yes!

[​IMG] Undies!

[​IMG] And what does it makes us?

Ambient

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] It

[​IMG] makes us

[​IMG] PIRATEZ!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] YARRR
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

What's going on in this thread?
    Piratez is a total conversion for open X-COM about half-naked postapoc powergirls. You really should hush your kids away.
    Mechanical differences (open)
    The mod seems to be generally harder than vanilla X-COM.

Economy
    Sponsor income is trivial, though you get significant one-off cash transfers if your monthly rating was good. Research, interrogations and missions increase rating as usual.
    Runts (engineers) kinda pay for themselves, but return on investment is small (you pay about 800k for a staffed vacility and get 100-175k income monthly, ROI 12%-24%). You can't ignore the income from other sources.
    You get a lot of cash from pawning loot and, especially, prisoners. So blackjacks of all varieties are probably going to be the main class of weapon for some time.

Recruits
    You can't recruit new soldiers in the beginning. At all. Rookie-grade schmucks can be recruited after getting an early tech, but they're pretty useless. First 6 girls should be precious for quite some time.
    You can get proper rookies from mission loot (or events). And, after about a month of research, new ones can be hired for ~50k and a week of waiting. They're expensive enough to remain valuable for a long time. OTOH prisoners get pawned at 10-50k, so rookie might pay for itself after a couple of missions.

Research
    Is slow. Brainers (scientists) cost 200k (and 100k monthly wage!). There's single lab with 12 chairs in the beginning, but staffing it with those wages might be problematic. You can't build new labs, likely for some time. The mod has hundreds of techs, the majority of which seem to be based on loot or captives. The mod doesn't seem to have a strict time limit, so slow research is probably ok.

Combat
    Tactics lean to melee (at least in the early game) because you need to capture prisoners and basic firearms are very weak. Recruit survivability is low - recruits have some innate protection from small arms, but grenades and RNG usually nullify it, so each shot leads to death or a month-long recuperation. You don't want to get hit.
    It would naturally incentivise camping, but two mechanics were introduced to discourage it: morale decay and bonuses for quick mission completion. More about them at some later time. Suffice it to say that you want your soldiers to move constantly (preferably from cover to cover), so stamina is not a dump stat any more.

I'm playing mostly blind. Do not spoil, please.
    I ran a test game for about two geoscape months to get a general taste of things, but that's it.
    I'm going to beeline for a basic economic and recruitment techs and try to double the number of scientists (3->6), if I'll be able to afford it. Other than that I intend to RP, not powergame.

Table of contents (open)

Da crew (open)
    Legend: Callsign - Player ("sponsor") - Additional notes.
    You can sign for a girl without a sponsor (n/a in a player slot). Or sign for someone in the future.

Cointoss - Demo.Graph - AKA: One. GM char.

Show Spoiler
    Best shooter and pilot in the crew in the beginning.

[​IMG]

Chef - Baud - AKA: Two, Baudicca.
    Show Spoiler
    Best blade fighter (and chef) in the crew.

[​IMG]

Lucia - Luka-boy - AKA: Three.
    Show Spoiler
    Cold bitch and the second pilot.
    Wears fur bikini, because it improves her stamina (and warms the heart).

[​IMG]

Four - n/a - AKA: Ninety Nine.
    Show Spoiler
    The youngest in the crew. The petulant one. Tends to start trouble and run away.
    Wears fur bikini, cuz it's liberating (and improves her stamina).

[​IMG]

Karen - Azira - AKA: Five.
    Show Spoiler
    Cowardly powerlifter and a nerd wannabe. Glasses make her smarter.

[​IMG]

Jill - Radech - AKA: Six.
    Show Spoiler
    The oldest in the crew. Always has cigs on her somewhere, often smokes but never inhales. Can't run as well as other gals.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 9:18 PM
    • incline x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    Chapter 2 - Gobjob

Several days later.

[​IMG]

Ambient
    Lab machinery hums peacefully, while mechboss gal conducts a routine power check.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG] So, how went your trip?

[​IMG] Smoothly. Cap'n pretended she's on a diplomatic mission, while we've been doing...

[​IMG] Fuck all?

[​IMG] Research projects.

[​IMG] So? What was the name of your projects?

[​IMG] Alea iacta est.

[​IMG] Carpe vinum.

[​IMG] Habeas corpus.

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] Research stuff.

[​IMG] Oh, yes.

[​IMG] Did you really drank and fucked all days?

[​IMG] Not exactly, no.

[​IMG] You don't fuck those goblin guys. They more, like, tremble in the ears.

[​IMG] Disgusting!

[​IMG] You're disgusting. Disgustingly crofter.

[​IMG] And in a disgusting need for a check up!

[​IMG] That's it! [stomps out]

[​IMG] Vivamus, moriendum est...

[​IMG] ...Bitch!

[​IMG] [from the corridor] ugh!

The captain enters from another door. A parrot sits on her shoulder.

[​IMG] Kwak!

[​IMG] Was there a commotion or sumthin'?

[​IMG] No, cap'n!

[​IMG] Good. So. Report.

[​IMG] It's a shantytown through and through. Half the population are garbage divers, half are junkies.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] We've easily got in contact with low grade darknet dealers.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Actually, they've practically jumped on us.

[​IMG] Practically.

[​IMG]They sell all kinds of garbage there: decommissioned weapons, farming tools, the stuff that's too rough for a civilized society. There're also pubs and ditches for all the misfits we might use for the manual labor.

[​IMG] What about the mechanics?

[​IMG] It's a bit more complicated, since we can't uncover our whereabouts. We'd need to get them in blindfolded and keep in the inner areas of the facility. But I've swapped drinks with some lowgrade haxxors, that would greet a possibility to lie down for a year or so. There's even a so-called "underground road" for those that run from authorities.

[​IMG] Is there a chance, they'd work for food and shelter?

[​IMG] They're on the run, not idiots. Well, maybe some of them are, but we definitely don't need those.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Reasonable. Anything else?

[​IMG] I've heard that there're some people who sell domestic animals, should we need some, including brahmins and combat dogs.

[​IMG] Why?

[​IMG] They're adorable.

[​IMG] I prefer humans.

[​IMG] So anthropocentric!
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Enough. What about the Academy?

[​IMG] We lifted and landed only under the weather or Bankers' Curtain. My gal says they've completely lost us and are pretty furious about it. Last time they thought we might've retreated from further north from Iron tribe.

[​IMG] That I did.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] And it worked. They lost our bus in civilian traffic.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] So we're free to act for now.

[​IMG] Seems so.

[​IMG] Good. Anything else?

[​IMG] You tell us. How were the goblins?

[​IMG] Shifty fellas. Lotsa money. Big noses and unhygienic.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] They might give us a tip or two. Maybe loan some money on bail. But that's it. We look like like low-grade bandits so far and it suits me.

[​IMG] Why?

[​IMG] We need to beef up a lot before I'd be comfortable with attracting more attention.

[​IMG] So, what are we going to do now?

[​IMG] Did you forget? We're going to be piratez!

[​IMG] And what exactly does it mean?

[​IMG] Well, I reckon' we need to enforce a sense of unity. So...

[​IMG] So cap'n asked me to design some uniforms for the gals.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] Yes. Nice and breezy.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I think it's great.

[​IMG] Oh, gal.

[​IMG] Runts'll sew some soon. Next time yall visit the town, you should cover yourself as well.

[​IMG] You think so?

[​IMG] I order you so. You'd need somewhere to place a credit chip and a notebook or something.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] And you'd get less focused attention than this time.

[​IMG] Gotta admit, it was a pretty cute experience.

[​IMG] And stimulating!

[​IMG] And it can continue in the facilities, not in the open.

[​IMG] It's a tyranny.

[​IMG] That's what cap'n word is.

[​IMG] Why should we even listen to you?

[​IMG] Because other gals say I'm the boss.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Because I pay your bills. And because me and da crew can throw you out of the lab any moment.

[​IMG] But it's our lab!

[​IMG] My team, my dream...
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] fancypants...
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] and my parrot...
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ...say otherwise. And the parrot can shit in your ear while you sleep.

[​IMG] KWAAK!

[​IMG] I concur. We be all equals here, so cap'n has the last word.

[​IMG] Well, sheesh. Ave cap'n!

[​IMG] And fuck the goblins!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] In a good way!

Technical (open)
    Pesky devs had released an update at the same day that I've made the first chapter. The update shuffles early techs around. So I'm replaying the first days up to the point I've finished gathering notes for the LP. I'll also try to edit the save so that I don't need to change the characters on the go.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is the true Xpiratez experience. I remember playing this years ago and the dev just keeps adding new content and changing things around what seems like every week. Used to be the release versions were slowly inching towards 1.0, and then they switched to using letters, going to like version 0.99Fv3, and I think now they switched so a completely different versioning scheme.

Big shame too, because it's in theory a VERY cool mod, but since every patch just adds more mission types, enemies, research and gear it will never be finished, or balanced or polished.

^ Top  
  4. Helly Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    As far as I know the new update breaks existing campaigns, but since you've just started you might be okay.
    Also the first release of the update had some map and research breaking bugs, there should be a new version on moddb and the discord.

Also, who needs balance? I'd rather have a whopping amount of unbalanced, unfinished content than the constant gameplay changes and content removal of DCSS for instance. At least it's fun and fairly polished afaic.

^ Top  
  5. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    It's a similar case with Xcom Files, but for Piratez, I'm still waiting until we get alternate endings which were promised, supposedly there's one new bad ending.

Also, from the last updates, you can research "men are superior" and have male soldiers be treated better than slaves and unlock tons of new stuff compared to older editions.

Still, whenever I look at the literally ridiculous tons of content, I feel like this game would be impossible to complete fully anyway.

^ Top  
  6. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    I see the art style is as inconsistent as ever :P

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Helly Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Watching this thread, as it is ... relevant to my interests. :obviously:

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    ^ Top  
  10. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    Chapter 3. Tits for brain

[​IMG]
    Ambient

Captain and three brainers meet in an empty hangar, since other premises are dirty, loud or have half-naked gals cussing around.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG] Report.

[​IMG] Crew will return with new mechanics in a couple of hours. I've accepted ten, just like you ordered, but there were more candidates.

[​IMG] Did you check their credentials?

[​IMG] I've ordered them to brew me booze in cisterns of an abandoned toilet. The ones that couldn't do it aren't engineers.

[​IMG] Fair enough. What else?

[​IMG] I bought some proper clothing for everyone. It's coming on the bus as well.

[​IMG] Why?

[​IMG] Gals need to change from lab rags. Now their clothing should be good enough, until we finish designing the uniform.

[​IMG] Good. I hope it wasn't expensive.

[​IMG] Not that much. You said you wanted us to be able to meld into a crowd, so there's something for that. And something to look prestigious during town trips, should it be needed.

[​IMG] How much?

[​IMG] And some of those clothes might come useful during fights. There're some thick jackets to dampen the strikes.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] How much?

[​IMG] Erm.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] You blew all our money on rags?

[​IMG] It's a natural leather!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] And I didn't blew them! There're several wardrobes of stuff! Gals would be able to dress for any occasion.

[​IMG] You blew all our money on rags!

[​IMG] But...

[​IMG] Are you insane?

[​IMG] RAWK-RAWK.

[​IMG] But I thought...

[​IMG] How are we going to pay for food? How are we going to pay for the lab? Or your fucking toys? You tits-for-brain, have you thought about any of it?!

[​IMG] But it's not...

[​IMG] From now on all the valuables are stored in my room.

[​IMG] Now that's tyranny.

[​IMG] One more word and I'd do the same with booze.

[​IMG] B...

Slap!

[​IMG] Ach! [​IMG] Shut up.

Captain circles the hangar several times, fuming. She stops, turns to brainers and points her finger.

[​IMG] You!

[​IMG] Eeep!..

[​IMG] Go tell the gals they have some new clothes. Make sure you three get your share as well.

[​IMG] Yes!

[​IMG] You, go meet the runts and show them the bunks.

[​IMG] Yarr!

[​IMG] And you!

[​IMG] Yes?

[​IMG] I need your help.

Cointoss kicks an empty barrel, sending it rattling to a corner.

[​IMG] What the hell was that? You three are supposed to be smart! And she is thinking with her tits!

[​IMG] You know, the brain is made out of fat.

[​IMG] Hers for sure!.. What, really?

[​IMG] Yep. Quia absurdum est. What're you going to do?

[​IMG] No idea. Hope that some poor sod crashes nearby so that we could rob him.

[​IMG] Great plan!

[​IMG] I bloody know it!

[​IMG] We can always mug locals.

[​IMG] Really? Like, really?

[​IMG] On second thought, no. But we can hunt for valuables. I'll check whether we have some species on the brink of extinction nearby.

[​IMG] Do so. I spoke with Minnie yesterday and she thinks they're ready to filter hellerium for sale.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Gobs say it fetches a good price. Now that we've turned on all the bulbs, we'd need several hundred grands for fuel and spares.

[​IMG] And our purchases.

[​IMG] Yes, and them. Your toys are half are budget even without your sisters being halfwit about it.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Should I check the prisoners? We can't feed them indefinitely. And maybe we'll be able to sell them to slavery or something.

[​IMG] Now I do see that you specialize in humanities.

[​IMG] Natura humana non constristatur.

[​IMG] Whatever. Leave it to others. I want you to find us a new way to make money. Maybe there's something we can do for Jackstown. Repairs, provide spare parts, anything. If we don't get some money at the end of the month, I'll have to pimp everyone. Including myself. And you. And the parrot.

[​IMG] ACK!

The parrot hops off her shoulder and flies to the vents under the ceiling.

[​IMG] Chicken. Try to find us something good, will you?

[​IMG] I'll try.

[​IMG] Go. And when Boann brings you the clothes, send her to meet me in the cells. It's time to put her kinks to a good use.

Technical (open)
    A small update since I'm overworked irl rn.
    I've replicated the game on the new version, so all's good in this regard.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :avatard:

^ Top  
  12. Chaosdwarft Learned Patron

Chaosdwarft
    this new Netflix series looks promising, let me grab my popcorn.

:positive:

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    Chapter 4. Prisoner dilemma

[​IMG]
    Ambient

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG] Did you call for me?

[​IMG] Yes. I want to discuss something with you.

[​IMG] So here I am.

[​IMG] And they are here as well. The prisoners.

[​IMG] The nurses.

[​IMG] Yes. Were you feeding them well?

[​IMG] That depends. Define well.

[​IMG] Edible stuff?

[​IMG] Some of the local rats are yummy.

[​IMG] Really?

[​IMG] I checked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] You should try some time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I'll think about it. So, the nurses are a problem. We can't keep them here indefinitely. And we can't let them go just like that. It would be bad for our image.

[​IMG] Do we have one?

[​IMG] We do. It's a modest one right now...

[​IMG] Like a postage stamp?

[​IMG] What's that?

[​IMG] Something very modest.

[​IMG] Yes, like that. It's modest but we should cultivate and hone it and...

[​IMG] Like a plant for some adult fun.

[​IMG] And turn it into an asset. Nobody knows us now. We are a new group. We can become anything we want.

[​IMG] I thought we were going to be pirates.

[​IMG] Will you stop interrupting me?

[​IMG] Sorry, ma'am.

[​IMG] And the first thing I want us to get is the idea that nobody messes with us without consequences. That's where you come in.

[​IMG] You lost me.

[​IMG] What do you mean?

[​IMG] I'm a biologist. If you want PR, talk to Brigid. She's the socialite.

[​IMG] Exactly. You're biologist. You know how biological things operate. And that's when we come to the second problem. Money.

[​IMG] That again?

[​IMG] Biological things operate on money. And you're going to get me some money out of these prisoners.

[​IMG] What?!

[​IMG] What exactly did you not undestand?

[​IMG] You want me to torture those people for a ransom?

[​IMG] Torture, persuade, cut them into pieces and sell them. I don't care. I want them to get out of here without revealing our base. And I want to get some money for that.

[​IMG] Are you serious?

[​IMG] Or information. Especially valuable information that we can cash in.

[​IMG] You're serious.

[​IMG] I am serious. Deadly.

[​IMG] But I'm a biologist! I won't be able to force them to do anything! I have never even hit anyone!

[​IMG] You hit our credit stocks quite well. Without consulting me. Consider this your punishment.

[​IMG] Maybe I can do something to make you change your mind?

[​IMG] You can bring me money.

[​IMG] Drat.

[​IMG] From this day on you're the Chief Chaingal. You can have twice as many chains on your clothing as anyone.

[​IMG] But I really won't be able to...

[​IMG] Stop! Boannie, we are in a really tough situation. You three, you came here voluntarily. We've escaped. Nobody had prepared us to any of this. We're criminals. We know shit about the world. And we got ourselves in some ancient history crap right away. And vultures are closing. And if we won't get our shit together, we're screwed. I know that. Gals know that. Have you seen any of them sober lately? They're stressed. Don't you understand? It's all fun and games to you. Nobody even knows you're here. If we lose, you'll disappear in the wilds and begin anew. And I'll help you to do it. But we, we won't be able to. And I won't allow anyone, not you, not anyone, to mess up. If you will, I will dig you in that compost heap of yours and see whether mold can still have sex fantasies. Am I clear?

[​IMG] Y-yes.

[​IMG] Then go and do something useful. Consider it an opportunity for personal growth.

[​IMG] I'll try.

[​IMG] Boann...

[​IMG] Yes?

[​IMG] Try not to maim them, will you? Those poor gals did nothing to deserve it.

[​IMG] Did you just showed some heart?

[​IMG] Killing left and right is bad for business. We're pirates, not thugs.

She turns on the heel and leaves.

[​IMG] Vita durum - mores lupum.

[​IMG] And what should I do with all of you?

Same place next evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] How did you do it?

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] The captain is absolutely beaming.

[​IMG] Biologist super powers.

[​IMG] No, really. Did you touch her in that special place?

[​IMG] I got some golden chips for ransoming the prisoners.

[​IMG] Really? How?

[​IMG] Biologist super powers.

[​IMG] Did you beat them up so they begged to pay you?

[​IMG] Maybe.

[​IMG] If you overstress your hands, your skin might get sore, you know. Let me see.

[​IMG] No.

[​IMG] Did you put some part of yours so deep inside of them, it went out of the mouth?

[​IMG] That's too much.

[​IMG] Can I call you a ravager?

[​IMG] You can call me Chief. Chief Chaingal.

[​IMG] Maybe Miss chief?

[​IMG] May be.

[​IMG] So, how did you do it?

[​IMG] I told you...

[​IMG] You hit 'em until they bled!

[​IMG] No.

[​IMG] ...then you licked the blood from your hands...

[​IMG] I said no.

[​IMG] ...and watered your flowers with it...

[​IMG] And they call me sick.

[​IMG] Did you use your powers of persuasion then?

[​IMG] Maybe I did.

[​IMG] I'm pretty sure you did. That's why I can ask you to help me pester the runts from this day on.

[​IMG] No!

[​IMG] Really? Your lips say no, but your actions say yes.

[​IMG] Do you have to be so obnoxious about it?

[​IMG] You leave me no choice.

[​IMG] I did nothing, okay? Didn't beat them, didn't browbeat 'em.

[​IMG] Then how did you?..

[​IMG] All the prisoners were nurses from the Academy, right? So I called the Academy and arranged a bailout.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] You're shitting me.

[​IMG] They have a hotline for that kind of stuff, with tickets and paperwork.

[​IMG] You're not shitting me.

[​IMG] I'm not. The Academy often sends those poor sods to the wastes. It's not the first time that they got captured by locals. So their higher-ups created a bail-out line.

[​IMG] Like a shop or something?

[​IMG] Yeah. It's cheaper to buy the hostages out than fight for them risking casualties. And they have little trouble getting recruits this way. Anyway, all went nice and civil. I've even exchanged some medical notes with one of the nurses.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Really?

[​IMG] It's their job, you know. Spreading the medical knowledge among the populace. Anyway. I called the gobs and they agreed to be the mediators for a small price.

[​IMG] And what about the captain?

[​IMG] What about her.

[​IMG] She seems to think you did some top tier diplomancy.

[​IMG] About that... Yeah, I guess I maybe didn't mention all the specifics.

[​IMG] I see.

[​IMG] Don't tell her.

[​IMG] Maybe I won't.

[​IMG] I'll give you some booze from the first yield.

[​IMG] Deal. But you're so screwed.

[​IMG] I know, I know! I don't want her to talk to me again in that cold voice of hers!

[​IMG] I won't tell her. But... What're you going to do should we capture more?

[​IMG] Water the plants with their blood?

[​IMG] U-huh. You know what. It would cost you more booze, but you can call me if you'd need help talking to them.

[​IMG] Really?

[​IMG] I have some experience with that.

Game mechanics (open)
    Capturing enemy units is central for the mod, because basic income isn't even sufficient for base upkeep and crafting has ROI of 10-20% (you'll need 5-10 months to return investment on a workshop with engineers). Selling captives for cash or extorting stuff from them (manufacturing items "out of" captives) is one of the central mechanics of the mod.
    I've played this mod only for two ingame months, so I have no idea how critical is the imprisonment for the game progress. It definitely seems so.
    So far I've seen captives provide lore dumps and info about gear when they're researched. The research is repeatable and lore drops are probably limited by drop lists, but I don't know for sure. And I don't want you to spoil it either!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    This entry seems to be bugged (the title):

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Also, why no combat or base management in this update?

^ Top  
  15. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    It's okay. That pic is what I got from researching one of the captured nurses. The captives can be researched repeatedly and they will keep providing random infodumps.
    I'm halfway through writing another update. It has small skirmish with more captives. So I had to finish this one first to introduce prisoner management mechanics in character.
    There will be more mono dialogue updates in the future. I like RP heavy LPs.

^ Top  
  16. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Fair enough.

I look forward to the voting ;)

^ Top  
  17. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Oh right, the Men are Superior vote. I do recommend using the mid-button for the mouse for research, as the game's research tree is too big for its own good. I read they added a non-color Codex option for those wishing for a challenge. Selling captives used to be the main method of getting money in the past, but it gets repetitive to do 1000+ missions with little variation. Nowadays it seems the gambling mechanic is much better for getting money.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    Chapter 5. Gimp a Pimp

[​IMG]
    Ambient
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG] And nobody tells us where we're flying. Again.

[​IMG] I don't have a slightest idea as well.

[​IMG] Is this some kind of pirate tradition I wasn't warned about? Eh, grandma? Six!

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] You're the tradition keeper.

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] Being old and all that?..

[​IMG] Arentcha tired of yourself?

[​IMG] Or maybe the office hit our cap'n in da head?

[​IMG] You want her to be your equal or something?

[​IMG] I want to know where're we going!

[​IMG] I'll tell in a minute.

Time goes. Four begins counting seconds on her fingers but runs out.

[​IMG] Awright, lis'n up. We be heading to the south of Aisha. As ye know, we still need money. Lotsa money. So our brainers found us some robbin' opportunity.

[​IMG] Couldn't we find something a tad closer?

[​IMG] We could. It's not only about the money. Some thugs had captured uber gal. They hold her in a brothel and do naughty things to her. On video. It gets popular quickly.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Not the worst of fates.

[​IMG] They're also going to sell her to the highest bidder.

[​IMG] Sick fucks.

[​IMG] That's the East. They'd be going "gud prais, gud kvaliti mai frend" while selling you their children.

[​IMG] Why's the haste?

[​IMG] There's an auction. It doesn't have that many bids yet, but it will. Ubers for sale are uncommon. We need to get her before the buyers do.

[​IMG] One more thing. Boannie did a great job with the prisoners. I want to get more. So capture as many hostages as you can without putting yourself in danger.

[​IMG] Hmpf.

[​IMG] Do we really have to capture the civilians?

[​IMG] Of course not. Avoid the passersby. Get anyone you can in the brothel. There're no innocents inside.

[​IMG] What about the visitors?

[​IMG] They went to the brothel for some action. I say, we give it to them.

[​IMG] Exactly.

Several hours later

[​IMG] Gather up, gals. It's our first prop' raid. Lotsa civvies. The cops will be on us after half an hour, tops. So we get in, get the gal, get anyone who gets in the way and get out. Should anything go wrong, we get to the bus and run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Anyone there?

[​IMG] Me.

[​IMG] Great. Are you watching local media?

[​IMG] Yes. I'll ping if something happens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] What a slum.

[​IMG] It's the East.

[​IMG] It stinks.

[​IMG] It's the East.

[​IMG] Shut and go!

[​IMG] Easy for you to say, you have those pants for smell protection. Ugh.

Two has kicked the door to some warehouse and gals rushed inside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nobody in the brothel had noticed anything yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] On ahoy we rush in both doors at the same time. Ready? Ahoy!

One, Three and Five got through the right door. Two visitors with hoes were there. One of the visitors killed his buddy via reaction fire. Hoes began to scream but got clubbed.

[​IMG]

Two and Six got in the left door.

[​IMG]

There was a single guy in a leather jacket and a helmet. Probably a bouncer.

[​IMG]

He turned to look in the direction of gunfire and got clubbed from behind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Basement!

[​IMG] Yeah!

Gunfire.

[​IMG] Ack!

[​IMG]

Some whore had probably decided she's going to be killed now, shot at Two and got it in the face.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Six ran further in the basement.

[​IMG] Eeep!!

[​IMG] Six?

[​IMG] Nothing. Fucking sex doll.

[​IMG]

One and Four rushed to the second floor and bashed some prostitutes there.

[​IMG] Dooring time!

[​IMG]

Five and Three got some guy with his pants down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Who the hell makes a toilet on the top floor?

[​IMG] Perverts!

Meanwhile, Six went through the basement and got out on the other side. Through the window she saw some movement outside and went to check.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Two more!

[​IMG] Take that!

[​IMG] Argh!

[​IMG] Coming!

[​IMG] They're beating our hoes!

Shrapnel flew in the air.

[​IMG] RRRA!..

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ...ugh.

[​IMG] Wha?

[​IMG]

And with that it was over.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] What's on the net?

[​IMG] Nothing yet.

[​IMG] Great. Keep watching.

[​IMG] It's not over! Somebody check the gal.

[​IMG] I'm with her. She's unconscious, but alive. Prob'ly nothing serious, too much sex and not 'nough helly.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Right! Everyone. Pile all the prisoners you can in the bus. Two and Three, the basement is yours. Four to Six, main building. Get anything small and valuable.

[​IMG] Me and Five would go from the top.

[​IMG] Go!

Three minutes later.

[​IMG] We don't have enough rope to tie 'em up.

[​IMG] Use their belts.

[​IMG] It's not enough!

[​IMG] Use their pants then.

[​IMG] Ew! I'm not touching there!

[​IMG] I'll check the basement, there's ought to be something there.

[​IMG] You see that doll, don't forget to squeal like it's your first time.

[​IMG] Ha, yeah.

Second floor, five minutes later. Six brushes blood off her biceps.

[​IMG] Drat...

[​IMG] You hit?

[​IMG] Nothing a good drink won't heal.

[​IMG] I'll get your share of captives, you gather the weapons.

[​IMG] Aww, you're honey. Run. I'll be in a minute.

Five dashes away. Six pours the booze on the graze and bandages it.

[​IMG] Drattity drat. Am I getting too old for this stuff?

Four minutes later.

[​IMG] Cap'n!

[​IMG] What?

[​IMG] Some retards in a local chat noticed you. They think it's a brothel cat fight.

[​IMG] Cops?

[​IMG] None yet.

[​IMG] Gals, take everything you can carry and get to the bus! Now!

A minute later.

[​IMG] Emergency.

[​IMG] I think there might be a mass brawl nearby.

[​IMG] Where're you?

[​IMG] Cowriver. Ooh! One sree is dragging the other by her hair!

[​IMG] Can you share your location with me?

[​IMG] Oooh!.. What? No! I'm not a snitch!

[​IMG] If you won't name a place, we might be too late to help.

[​IMG] Oooooh... What? Damn. Are you stupid? I don't want you to get here. I want you to share the moment with me. And you've ruined it!

[​IMG] Hello? Hello?..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    And after that I've stopped reading. I'm playing it almost blind. Spoilers shall not pass!

Soon(tm).

^ Top  
  20. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    yeah sure :nocountryforshitposters:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Show Spoiler
    But you can run prostitution at the base ;)

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    Interlude 1.

Audience participation time!

[​IMG] Lis'n up, you scurvy dogs!

[​IMG] We 'ave 5 positions in da crew. State the gal you want to sponsor and a preferred callsign. First come first served.

[​IMG] A bunk, a club and a share of loot are guaranteed. Survival is not guaranteed.

Da crew (open)
    One - Cointoss
    Show Spoiler
    You can't have her, she's mine! [GM char]
    Best shooter and pilot in the crew right now.

[​IMG]

Two
    Show Spoiler
    Best blade fighter (and chef) in the crew.

[​IMG]

Three
    Show Spoiler
    Cold bitch and the second pilot.
    Wears fur bikini, because it improves her stamina (and warms the heart).

[​IMG]

Four (Ninety Nine)
    Show Spoiler
    The youngest in the crew. The petulant one. Tends to start trouble and run away.
    Wears fur bikini, cuz it's liberating (and improves her stamina).

[​IMG]

Five
    Show Spoiler
    Cowardly powerlifter and a nerd wannabe. Glasses make her smarter.

[​IMG]

Six
    Show Spoiler
    The oldest in the crew. Always has smokes on her somewhere. Can't run as well as other gals.

[​IMG]

If you don't get a gal (or don't like anyone in the initial crew), get in the line. Eventually you'll get one.

[​IMG] Or rather she'll get you.

The potential recruit was captured during the last mission. She'll be available soon.
    I'll try to keep everyone alive, since getting rookies is kinda problematic. But I'm playing almost ironman, so no guarantees here.

If you like, you may give me a callsign, reference picture and RP text for your protege. I'll try to adjust ingame. If you want to copycat some person or character, give me a name as well.
    There're two rules:
    - dickhead callsigns are no go.
    - limit the pic to softcore, pls.

Character decisions (gear and plot choices, etc.) are possible in the future.

I've ninja-edited thread description and a table of contents into the first post.

^ Top  
  23. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    Best chef? Sound like fun, I'll take that one. Callsign Chef. Makes food or cooking-related puns if possible

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Luka-boy Arcane

Luka-boy
    Dibs on #Three.

Every all-female team needs a bitch and the crew are a bunch of women of low moral fiber anyway, so... call her Lucia and have her act like a total karen. Must look like a bitchy MILF you'd fuck spitefully, so something like this under the mask:
    Preference for melee (gotta get in your face to complain about what she doesn't like) and then switch to VooDoo if you ever go that route. Imagine a witch using social-media like magic. High bravery perfectly represents being too dumb to think about the situation she's in, like a good karen.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I'll take #5. Call her... Karen. [​IMG]

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.