Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie NSFW RPG - "The Court Magician" an ugly evil wizard's rise to power through cunning and manipulation...

SinAndSalvationGames

Game Dev of NSFW rpg "The Court Magician"
Developer
This isn't your typical RPG with hit points and fights, instead you must help the ugly, cunning and lecherous wizard, Greely, use court intrigue, potions, spells, and social manipulation to rise to power in the kingdom.

I've been developing this NSFW game for the past 4 years and just released the Early Access beta on Jan 20th (FREE on itch.io). I'm looking for people to give me their feedback and impressions!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings my perverted acolytes of lust magic! We invite you to view the fruits of our deviant labor…”The Court Magician.”

Follow Us: Patreon |Itch | Website | Twitter | Subscribestar

"The Court Magician" is a sexy, dark fantasy RPG where you manipulate your way to LUST and POWER in a medieval fantasy realm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU play as Greely, the ugly and nefarious COURT MAGICIAN who has risen to power through cunning and manipulation. Surrounded by petty, hostile Nobles of power and means, you must use all your wits and magic to bring the Court and the beautiful WOMEN under your control.

Be warned! Your ugly appearance is your greatest weakness, but will it become your greatest weapon?

• Animated, beautifully explicit erotic encounters with BDSM and discipline themes bring the story to life.
  • Encounter dozens of unique characters with procedurally generated desires, flaws and weaknesses.
  • Manipulate NPCs through cunning, deception, and unique powers and skills.
  • Explore a vast and immersive world filled with fantasy castles, taverns, caves, forests, villages, and ruins.
  • Brew powerful magical potions and use a lust-based magic system.
  • Rise to power in the kingdom and become the most feared and powerful magician.

Gameplay centered on psychological and sexual manipulation of unique characters, explicit fully animated erotic encounters, BDSM and themes, and a twisted story that will glue you to the edge of your seat.

Are you ready to embrace your dark side and conquer the kingdom with your magic, cunning, and lust?

Follow Us: Patreon |Itch | Website | Twitter | Subscribestar

Thanks for checking our game out and happy to hear any feedback/suggestions you might have!

SinAndSalvationGames

Developer
Nice, uh, "rpg mechanics"...
I imagine there are dozens of smutty spells that you can unlock, right?
Haha thanks! The whole game is a silly and sexy and fun but also a bit dark. On the RPG side, I was inspired by classic games of the 80s and 90s like Quest for Glory, Might and Magic and the CRPG D&D games like Bards Tale, Pool of Radiance, etc.

In the early game, Greely's main "magic" is his potions and manipulation "skills" like groveling, lying, bribing and intimidation (he's an evil court magician in the vein of Grima Wormtongue, Jafar or Rasputin). He gains "real magic" (spellcasting) though early on in the story through a pact with a Lust Demon deity. Still in early access but there are a 3-4 hours of gameplay.

SinAndSalvationGames

Developer
You got my interest!

When is the release planned?
Glad to hear it! :) Its playable now, but I am generating updates every month with new quests and animations. I suspect that in about a year the game will be mostly complete and I can release it on steam. You can follow my progress on subscribestar/patreon/twitter if you are interested. I'm also very responsive to feedback, so feel free to play it and give me any suggestions that you might have!

KafkaBot

Scholar
Pitch looks good enough at first glance. The intended mechanics seem at least interesting; the art style is not exactly my cup of tea, but having animations is a plus and I can deal with it if the rest of the package is good.

Protagonist being an ugly bastard is almost a deal-breaker, though. Some well-written bastards are interesting enough for me to somewhat tolerate them (see: Rance) and I'm neutral on ugly protagonists, but protagonists who are ugly and unpleasant leave a bad taste in my mouth.

SinAndSalvationGames

Developer
This isn't your typical RPG with hit points and fights

So it's a visual novel, okay.

On the RPG side, I was inspired by classic games of the 80s and 90s like… Might and Magic and the CRPG D&D games like Bards Tale, Pool of Radiance, etc.

That inspiration must've been very subtle indeed.
I wouldn't call it a visual novel per se. I spent a lot of time trying to make "gameplay" as opposed to choosing options in a typical VN. So the player has stats and attributes, skills, spells and items like an rpg. Opponents have stats and traits, but instead of trying to kill them, you are trying to gain leverage over them through blackmail, threats, magic or potions. The opponents are procedurally genererated with different desires, flaws and weaknesses that are susceptive or resistant to whatever strategies/skills you might use.

As for the inspiration from those classic games, its mostly in terms of the setting, lore, UI and aesthetics. You can see from the screen cap below the vibe.

SinAndSalvationGames

Developer
Pitch looks good enough at first glance. The intended mechanics seem at least interesting; the art style is not exactly my cup of tea, but having animations is a plus and I can deal with it if the rest of the package is good.

Protagonist being an ugly bastard is almost a deal-breaker, though. Some well-written bastards are interesting enough for me to somewhat tolerate them (see: Rance) and I'm neutral on ugly protagonists, but protagonists who are ugly and unpleasant leave a bad taste in my mouth.
This game is definitely not for everyone...the inspiration for this particular ugly bastard is something like Grima Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings. I'm exploring the idea of what if a character like Grima was not just the punching bag of the heros but actually successful in his plans and able to get all of the beautiful maidens he wished.

Habichtswalder

Literate
I checked out your Patreon and Itch. I think the art style looks very inconsistent. Some characters look quite somewhat semirealistic, others remind me of 90s cartoons and some characters seem very stylized. Are you working with placeholders or is this the art you are aiming for?
UI and font choices also doesn't scream aesthetical understanding but I still wish you good luck. There is definitely a market for your game.

SinAndSalvationGames

Developer
I checked out your Patreon and Itch. I think the art style looks very inconsistent. Some characters look quite somewhat semirealistic, others remind me of 90s cartoons and some characters seem very stylized. Are you working with placeholders or is this the art you are aiming for?
UI and font choices also doesn't scream aesthetical understanding but I still wish you good luck. There is definitely a market for your game.
Thanks for checking us out! I'd say the art style I am going for is a retro Sierra QFG/Legend of Kryandia/Might and Magic/Pool of Radiance style graphics for the map and UI and a Disney/Comic/Western art style for the portraits and animations.

I've been developing this over the past 4 years and have developed a lot as an artist over that time. Ironically, its actually easier for me to render a semi-realistic style than a crisp cartoon/comic style, so i defaulted to that in my earlier work. The western cartoon style is what I am going for though and will be pushing everyhing in that direction. I do go back and replace older art but I prioritize making new art rather than redoing the old.

I like the pixel fonts but the colors of the fonts are bit horrendous at times and I will try make them a bit more clear.

Appreciate the well-wishing and feedback.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The premise itself would make for an interesting game, regardless of the genre. The whole underhanded scheming and sort of thing instead of the goody two shoes heroism and direct action.

protagonists who are ugly and unpleasant leave a bad taste in my mouth.
2GUxYcR.png

Yoomazir

Educated
Are RPGCodex forums going to be the new place to announce WEGs instead of F95zone forums? As long as I get my daily dose of fap...

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This isn't your typical RPG with hit points and fights

So it's a visual novel, okay.

On the RPG side, I was inspired by classic games of the 80s and 90s like… Might and Magic and the CRPG D&D games like Bards Tale, Pool of Radiance, etc.

That inspiration must've been very subtle indeed.
I wouldn't call it a visual novel per se. I spent a lot of time trying to make "gameplay" as opposed to choosing options in a typical VN. So the player has stats and attributes, skills, spells and items like an rpg. Opponents have stats and traits, but instead of trying to kill them, you are trying to gain leverage over them through blackmail, threats, magic or potions. The opponents are procedurally genererated with different desires, flaws and weaknesses that are susceptive or resistant to whatever strategies/skills you might use.

As for the inspiration from those classic games, its mostly in terms of the setting, lore, UI and aesthetics. You can see from the screen cap below the vibe.

She just wants some sweet lovin'...
Also what are those bars in the upper right corner?
She has the Depravity bar almost full.
Let me guess, she's into some super kinky stuff?...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom