Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nuke my account ( and farewell to all) (lol I'm back)

Hydro

Educated
So topic starter, are you enjoying your coming back so far? Is it good to feel the Codex vibe again?? Huh?!

Um, can't you just try to be a bit nicer to each other?
no
2e7.gif

Alphard

Magister
So topic starter, are you enjoying your coming back so far? Is it good to feel the Codex vibe again?? Huh?!
renuke my account

edit: joking aside, i feel the people here got a lot dumber than they were. not specifically talking about this topic, but GD topics overall. acting retarded and throwing childish insults at each other in non edgy/ ironical / codex way

Hydro

Educated
I blame the recent influx from the RPG watch and the departure of the core populace to the rpg hq. They say it’s like ye olde codexia there.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I blame the recent influx from the RPG watch and the departure of the core populace to the rpg hq. They say it’s like ye olde codexia there.
Huh, I just checked out RPG HQ for the first time. Clicked on a random thread. There was Rusty talking to himself like 70% of the time in a 5 page thread.

No thanks, I'll still take the Codex.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Huh, I just checked out RPG HQ for the first time. Clicked on a random thread. There was Rusty talking to himself like 70% of the time in a 5 page thread.

How is that different from Ash or Nigger cat?

Ash

Arcane
Why is everyone dogpiling on the Ash dude, you really hate his mod with burning passion?

I will explain why:

How is that different from Ash or Nigger cat?

Prestigious Codexer Awards, the thread:

Ash: received multiple votes

Hell Swarm: zero votes

You spastics represent peak butthurt and retardation. Accept your defeat when I own you in one thread and let it end there, instead of coming at me in another with any drivel where I am mid-owning someone else. I know I can be abrasive when I do so (lots of use of the word retard lol) but know it isn't personal.

All the little faggots I own in one thread. You can all introduce yourselves to eachother and the creep Beans00 - whom takes infatuation with me to the next level I almost think he could be an ex-girlfriend - can be your ringleader.
We can summon some more too. There's a lot of retards I've schooled over the years. I am often correct, that isn't a flaw and I wont apologize for it. Debate me if not actually correct, instead of defaulting to personal attacks. You can still insult me while debating, you know? The thing is you're incapable. That is exactly what transpired in this thread. Just denied the clear examples of cyberbullying (with heavy consequences tied to the real world) given was actually just that, then defaulted to getting "revenge" for past owns. Betas.

Now as for the mod: it is uber popular and takes an absolute classic to a new standard you'd probably not even have thought possible, a portion of that popularity I have the Codex to thank for, as the mod was largely born here with active help in spreading awareness from some of the very same individuals. What you are witnessing is just pretend hate as an act of defiance and revenge for the searing BUTTHURT I cause them in debate. Typical beta behaviour.

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Educated
Eh, the second video shits on Doom 1993 and said its conventions have been abandoned (implying it's for good reason) and says it is not worth playing today. Delete that shit. The first vid is solid though. :obviously:

Anyways, you say you will never understand? Bro, nintentards controlling the narrative of the internet, especially those that got their start with the somewhat declined N64 and never bothered to explore other gaming machines/PC. They're very numerous and vocal in mainstream domains. Same incredibly dumb shit that resulted in Chrono Trigger being labelled the best JRPG (or just RPG period), or the lie that Goldeneye was a "revolutionary" shooter and not horrid jank and massive drop in standards compared to most shooters of the time.

Dude these are games designed for little kids, are you actually developmentally delayed or something?
Go away you creepy little weirdo. These are games from my childhood. Neck yourself you worthless little cunt. Imagine spending your days obsessing over a random person on the internet because they managed to make you feel that inferior and insignificant. Seek help.

Why is everyone dogpiling on the Ash dude, you really hate his mod with burning passion?
I quoted a prime Ash post to show why he's getting bullied. He joins threads and intentionally acts like an asshole to everyone, changing his view point constantly just to be contrarian with what someone else said after him. He's upset Nintendo fans like N64 games from their childhood but his defense of Spyro is totally different and you're a creepy weirdo or a retard if you question it.

He's especially bad when trying to discuss anything to do with game design where he will defend bad game design no matter what if he likes the company. In the recent animations thread he flipped from "New bad, old good" to "Yea but old game game was worse than less old game" trying to defend Skyrim of all things. He's very inconsistent, has a massive ego and can't take any criticism.

Very few people have played his mod because.. Who the fuck cares about Turok 2? The originals a niche n64 title now and 2 was a niche within a niche. Him and Beans have some history where Beans laughs at him for being a newfag to FPS games and not playing Doom. And I think it's funny to see him sperg out and act like a lolcow, so I'm happy to play along.

tl;dr He thinks he's John Carmack when he's John Romero's wife's son.

Ash

Arcane
I quoted a prime Ash post to show why he's getting bullied. He joins threads and intentionally acts like an asshole to everyone, changing his view point constantly just to be contrarian with what someone else said after him. He's upset Nintendo fans like N64 games from their childhood but his defense of Spyro is totally different and you're a creepy weirdo or a retard if you question it.

He's especially bad when trying to discuss anything to do with game design where he will defend bad game design no matter what if he likes the company. In the recent animations thread he flipped from "New bad, old good" to "Yea but old game game was worse than less old game" trying to defend Skyrim of all things. He's very inconsistent, has a massive ego and can't take any criticism.

Very few people have played his mod because.. Who the fuck cares about Turok 2? The originals a niche n64 title now and 2 was a niche within a niche. Him and Beans have some history where Beans laughs at him for being a newfag to FPS games and not playing Doom. And I think it's funny to see him sperg out and act like a lolcow, so I'm happy to play along.

tl;dr He thinks he's John Carmack when he's John Romero's wife's son.

absolutely none of that is true, you've taken that quote completely out of context, and once again you are merely proving how retarded you are, and filled with butthurt. Utter beta.

The quote: has nothing to do with "N64 games or Spyro" and you know that you disingenuous little twerp. I am telling beans to neck himself because he has been fixating on me for months, as he is proven to do to multiple members in the thread I already linked on the prior page. Check his post history, it revolves around me, he is obsessed with his "revenge" just as you are with yours.

Your comment on "changing opinions to be contrarian" is utterly retarded and many a codexer would recognise that as I am a VERY consistent poster. I have been on this board for over 9 years and my opinions haven't changed.

And now you're pretending we're talking about the "Turok 2 mod" when nobody has said anything about that and it is obviously niche.

Lastly, "being mean to everyone"? Nope, just retards and weirdos. Too bad there's quite a few of them on this site.

Complete beta behavior on full display.

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Educated
Vastly overrated, yet fundamentally solid. The thing is the games were behind the standards of the golden age of gaming (late 90s), and even behind the standards of the golden age of 2D platforming (late 80s-early 90s). It's a 3D game yet barely makes use of the third dimension, being highly railroaded, and just doesn't really do anything remarkably well. The core is solid or respectable enough, but there isn't anything beyond said core. The music is bland. There is no extended content. No story. Not much thematic diversity (constant jungle levels). The sequels added gimmicks instead of substance and expansion, though to be fair some of those gimmicks were pretty great like the monkey ball levels. It's not on par with its competition of the 90s.
If it is platformers you're after, I would sternly recommend PS1 counterparts like Spyro 1 and Tomb Raider 1/2, or the 2D classics like Mario Bros 3 which will likely remain the goat of 2D forever. Or even look to Metroidvanias of course (Symphony of the Night etc). Oh and Spelunky, Hollow Knight & Dying Light for rare modern gems. Though Ivan already got filtered by Dying Monocle unfortunately.

People swear by the 3D platformers on the N64 and PS2, but I don't really rate any of them highly of the somewhat sizable pool I tried. There's some good stuff on PC in the 90s too, but nothing really must-play comes to mind that is predominantly platformer. There's tons of great games with hybridization all over the place and years though (e.g some FPS games that contain lots of platforming, like Half-Life or Turok).

Crash 4? To me that was always The Wrath of Cortex on the PS2, as it was the fourth release and no spin-off. Might be my favorite in the series as well.

It was quality though, just a different kind. Spyro's platforming itself isn't on par no (though still pretty solid), but the genius is in its vast 3D level design to be navigated & conquered. It still remains an exceptional example of how to do 3D level design. If you like navigation challenge & puzzling exploratory gameplay, there's a lot to appreciate. That's one of the big draws with Tomb Raider also. Which also remains a masterclass of 3D level design.

I edited in more details regarding Crash's mediocrity and decline from 2D standards, such as its "combat":

"Combat that involves running into people and timing your spin right and no more than that, while mario had powerups and throwing blocks/turtle shells around, super jumps off of people's heads, size change from taking damage that changes how you approach obstacles etc."

You know nothing about full-on 3D platforming, because as mentioned, there are a multitude of great 3D platformers. Play TR1 and Spyro 1 to get started nigga. But as mentioned, they are to be approached with a different perspective or appreciation (puzzle elements and navigation challenge of vast 3D level design, with the platforming being a lesser but still good factor).

I will thoroughly agree with you on Mario 64 being ass though.

That's not mentioning the optional challenges of getting all the boxes/crystals/secret levels that add a great amount of depth to every level.

This "great depth" was not much compared to the 2D classics. I 100% Crash 3 and possibly Wrath of Cortex as a kid but would never do such a thing today.

Crash = decline 2.5D platformer with nothing remarkable about it. Fairly respectable core gameplay, but no reason to play it over a 2D classic. Name one if you can.
Spyro = masterclass early 3D game, but not so much in the platforming itself, but rather other elements. A decline in core platforming gameplay perhaps...but also to a degree not, because it opens up a whole new dimension to it and does so rather well by properly utilizing 3D. Also, it doesn't suffer from control and camera issues like Mario 64, and the art style is good despite being kiddie shit, again with Mario64 or Crash as the comparison.

Spyro 1 starts off as nothing too impressive, in world 1 of 6. But it increasingly gets more vast, tougher to navigate & platform in, more puzzling 3D levels. You have to play these levels and not ditch the game in two seconds to get the brilliance.

108835734.jpg

Complete beta behavior on full display.

Ash

Arcane
Cool. I am discussing a kid's game from my childhood, maybe a little beta but whatever. That is completely different to being a disingenuous, underhanded, lying retard in an attempt to get revenge for a prior schooling I gave your dumb ass that you just couldn't swallow. Everyone knows what kind of person you are now.
Next to the table is Beans00. Come show everybody what a pathetic little man you truly are like this idiot just did. Well, people have already been taking notice. As I said, I received a PM. From someone stating they are your friend.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Not metroidvania, but I'm enjoying the labyrinth of Rain World. Unlike 99% of those games, they didn't phone in the level design. And I feel it's a true heir to the theme and atmosphere of the original Metroid and SM moreso than the straight clones and wannabes; isolation in a hostile, alien, labyrinthine world has rarely been rendered as evocatively in a side-scroller. Abusive and often fiddly game, but utterly compelling, full of vision and craft.
Gabel rated this post retarded because it was in the Metroidvania thread.
Don't rate my boy here retarded gabel. What was that for, the comment on Metroidvania level design? They do have straight up GOOD level design but also to a degree lacking. Two of the greatest (SotN and Hollow Knight) being fine examples here. Plenty good shit but also undeniably low effort sections present.
Ash reacts to a downvote negatively
It's for mentioning Rain World in this thread.
If it's not a Metroidvania (and it isn't), why mention it here.
On top of that it's absolute trash as a game.
Gabel's reasonable reason for the sticker/downvote/Ash's butt hole fracture.
Typical beta behaviour.

Ash

Arcane
There is...absolutely nothing wrong with that. I mainly wanted to a) find out why gabel rated Machocruz retarded, genuinely curious and b) express respect for macho, as he is one of the good, non-retarded, not completely deranged posters. Also, look at me being such an asshole to everyone in all these quotes! NOT. I respect macho and gabel. I don't respect little weirdos, however.

You are further proving how pathetic you are. You should have already self-ejected in embarrassment, but hey.

Hell Swarm

Educated
He also acts like a nigger constantly as you can see. He's either Hispanic or black by the way he cannot stop trying to internet tough guy everyone into submission while we laugh at him and egg him on to look dumber and dumber.

Ash

Arcane
I don't need to try anything. You outed yourself as sub-human, aren't you embarrassed and ashamed?

I will take my leave. For the future individuals I debate and possibly call slurs...try not to take it to heart eh? I could perhaps reign it in a bit but these are the standards of the codex and I happily oblige since there are some really dumb/weird people here.

Ash

Arcane
OK, you asked for this you complete chimp:

You can turn off the computer, but everyone in your network has already seen it or will see it, and the consequences/pressure/shame will be awaiting you at school/work/event tomorrow.

Just as you can close your computer...but now all the codex knows you're incredibly dumb, underhanded and weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom