Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NVIDIA shows technology of future rpgs

Destroid

Arcane
So funny how the videogames industry needs to prompt their crowds to cheer. This isn't as bad as one mirrion troops, but it's pretty bad.

This is a letter to Bethesda in which I beg you
To stick together a new Elder Scrolls and you flipping better
Otherwise I'm gonna pester you forever
Well, except when I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas this November
But please, we need another Elder Scrolls
If I don't get a hold of one I'll go out of control
Sure, Fallout was a whole different level and it was incredible
But it didn't have the visual elegance and mystic mythic elements
That lifted it through excellence and into sheer perfectionism
Transcendence isn't something I'd expect sitting next to computers
But what you presented to us is beautious
Playing Oblivion made me oblivious
To my surroundings, how can a game be this intricate
That after a thousand hours of play
I'm still enthralled with it all, now to this day?
I've found an escape from the Imperial Prison of every day living
So take me to Oblivion again, take me to Oblivion again
Take me to Oblivion

Destroid

Arcane
Funny that they show the new CoD trailer at the end of their graphics tech presentation, considering CoD will be running on 5 year old tech and any old piece of shit graphics card will run it just fine on PC.

EDIT: And hasn't tessellation been around for ages? Isn't that what would cause the terrain morphing in games like Tribes (DX5 or 6) as you move closing to it, the mesh becomes more detailed?

Oligarch

Educated
Mark my words. If you dont like current next-gen games, just wait for upcoming gen of consoles.

In future we will consider Oblivion as a good rpg.

EDIT: And hasn't tessellation been around for ages? Isn't that what would cause the terrain morphing in games like Tribes (DX5 or 6) as you move closing to it, the mesh becomes more detailed?

It has, but this new nvidia car run it faster and with proper shadows.

Destroid said:
Funny that they show the new CoD trailer at the end of their graphics tech presentation, considering CoD will be running on 5 year old tech and any old piece of shit graphics card will run it just fine on PC.
Don't be surprised when you see the NVIDIA logo popup before you start the game.

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
Cool audience/cult gathering.

Yeah? YEAAHHHHH!!

OK?! YEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH!

Praise Nvidia!

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oligarch said:

I'm pretty sure the codex already considers oblivion (and fallout 3 of all things) an incline compared to some other modern RPGs.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hirato said:
Oligarch said:

I'm pretty sure the codex already considers oblivion (and fallout 3 of all things) an incline compared to some other modern RPGs.

ArcaniA: Gothic 4.

MetalCraze

Arcane
No. Codex bitches about Oblivion because it's the hardcore thing to do and bring Kodex Kool Kredits. That's a hint for you btw - you must diss Oblivion to be cool even if you drool all over piece of shit like Mass Defect or Failout 3 with its addon which suffer from all the same Oblivion's illnesses if not being worse in something

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This is what games should have looked like four years ago. Fucking consoles.

[EDIT] Ho wow, they actually show Call of Duty on their new hardware. Hahahahahahaha

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ChristofferC said:
The codex bitches about Oblivion because it is the worst Big Budget ("AAA") game ever.

I personally liked Oblivion more than Fallout 3.
Besides, didn't everyone unanimously agree Arcania to be the worst to date? :smug:

baronjohn

Cipher
Why do they keep making new graphics cards when thanks to consoles all games run fine on a GF8800? Who the fuck buys them? What do they do with them? Play COD4 with 1024X AA?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pleased because it's this obsession with graphics and technology that's going to destroy the game industry. Then we can rebuild, and maybe start getting some decent games again.

Destroid

Arcane
Xor said:
I'm pleased because it's this obsession with graphics and technology that's going to destroy the game industry. Then we can rebuild, and maybe start getting some decent games again.

You haven't noticed that graphic and technology have not changed much in the last 5 years?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Xor said:
I'm pleased because it's this obsession with graphics and technology that's going to destroy the game industry.

Strange, because the industry was doing fine when the technological race was going full swing.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Destroid said:
Xor said:

You haven't noticed that graphic and technology have not changed much in the last 5 years?

It won't really change until about a year before the next batch of consoles come out. Then, new things will be introduced for a year or two and things will calm down again. That was how it worked when the XBox/PS2/Gamecube generation came out and how it worked again with the recent consoles. Makes sense when you think about it, companies don't want to adapt new technology unless there's going to be a user base for it and new consoles rolling out gives a large user base pretty quickly. PCs are capable of this shit now but PCs haven't been relevant gaming platforms for almost a decade now, at least as far as most game companies are concerned.

Lyric Suite said:
Xor said:
I'm pleased because it's this obsession with graphics and technology that's going to destroy the game industry.

Strange, because the industry was doing fine when the technological race was going full swing.

Oh, the tech race hasn't ended. 3D is the new big thing, and it won't save the game industry any more than it will save the movie industry. There's also the shit with motion controls going on right now; it has nothing to do with graphics but it's certainly a new technology.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Xor said:
Oh, the tech race hasn't ended.

It ended the moment the Xbox hit the market. This is why companies are focusing on those pointless gadgets only faggots seem to care about because it makes no sense to improve the actual hardware when all games are forced to run on consoles.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
Xor said:

Games back then weren't 20 million dollar investments, minimum.

Melcar

Arcane
baronjohn said:
Why do they keep making new graphics cards when thanks to consoles all games run fine on a GF8800? Who the fuck buys them? What do they do with them? Play COD4 with 1024X AA?

That's pretty much it. Ever notice when a new family of cards comes around, the accompanying drivers always feature a new and "better" method of image post processing? AMD has come up with a new AA technique for their new cards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom