Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nwn2 - Mods wanted

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Kogorn said:
If a plugin is set for NWN2 Version 1.11 and you have say, 1.13, does that mean it won't work at all?

It will not work in the toolset. What plugin are you using that has not been updated?

Erebus

Arcane
I gave up on H&C fairly quickly. I believe it was when I was told there was another Zhentarim camp I had to go and destroy. While the module certainly seems to be well done, the story and the characters just didn't grab my interest.

Asphyxia is slightly more to my liking, although it relies quite heavily on the old "mysterious villains watching from the shadows and manipulating you" cliché. I'm at the beginning of the second chapter and not sure I'll go much further.

Asylum is... interesting and certainly unusual. What the creator managed to do with the toolset is very impressive. There's a lot of imagination to be found in the module although the story could certainly be a bit less obscure. The module is much closer to an adventure game than to a CRPG.

I have downloaded but not yet tried a few other modules. I used to really love some of the NWN1 modules : the Eternum series, Arandie, the Kosigan series (don't know if that one was ever translated into English) and Twilight/Midnight were my favorites. I hope I'll be able to find NWN2 modules of similar quality.

Starwars

Arcane
Just saw that Subtlety of Thay, Chapter 2 got released like a minute or two ago for anyone interested. Should be a good time.

ricolikesrice

Arcane

please post some comments starwars (and others) when you finished SoT2. enjoyed SoT1 while not great it wasnt bad either. dont have NWN2 installed anymore and too busy playing fall from heaven 2 and crysis mods right now to risk wasting time if it sucks^^

SoT seems to be the first module thats really long too with 30 hours, so i m definitly interested.

Starwars

Arcane
I've got some time to play games now, so hopefully I'll be able to make it through SoT2. If I make it through, I'll post here.
I'm replaying SoT1 also though, since I want to refresh my memory on it and supposedly some of the choices made carry over into the second chapter. The first chapter is actually quite a lot better than I remembered it.

Not really on-topic, but does someone know about mods and Hakpacks fixing, or adding to, the Palemaster PrC? I heard of a couple (a fix for the caster levels and progression, and a mod that allows him to summon more than one creature at once, and some other things) but can't find them. I am planing on replaying MotB (including the OC, because i am a completist) and then going for some modules, but the Palemaster is about the only class i find interesting enough - And as long as it sucks, no thanks.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Starwars said:
I've got some time to play games now, so hopefully I'll be able to make it through SoT2. If I make it through, I'll post here.
I'm replaying SoT1 also though, since I want to refresh my memory on it and supposedly some of the choices made carry over into the second chapter. The first chapter is actually quite a lot better than I remembered it.

Damnit, I've long since deleted my saves/character. Is there an option to pick what choices you carry over at the start of the sequel, like the more considerate authors did in NWN1?

Nedrah

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
. Is there an option to pick what choices you carry over at the start of the sequel, like the more considerate authors did in NWN1?

The author specifically mentions this in the mod's (chapter 2) description, so I'd have to guess: Yes.

Radisshu

Prophet
The birthday is really, really short, but it's very polished and has got some awesome area design.

Starwars

Arcane
On Subtlety of Thay 2, I gave up on it for the moment. My weakling Rogue wasn't really viable, especially after I made a rather stupid choice a while into Chapter 2. You will get to split your partying group, and I (fool that I am) didn't take a good Warrior with me and I was left with two rather weak classes with sucky equipment. The damage output was simply to small.

I probably could make it further, but it would take forever to get through the rather hard combat.

The mod is quite good though, from what I saw it's definetely better than the first chapter. Just make sure that you don't sacrifice your combat power when you make your choices in character creation/party selection.
Even with some of the encounters being quite good, it still suffers a bit from what Chapter 1 also suffered from. The hard encounters just feel rather taxing after a while. The combat could've definetely been paced a bit better I think, but then again the description says "Combat: heavy" so I guess that's that.

Not really sure on the choices/consequences, but at the place where you split up your party it seems the mod splits down two different paths completely (though I'm guessing it converges again later on in the main "hub" of the adventure). Definetely worth a try I think, I'll likely return to it later with a better build.

deuxhero

Arcane
that is why you take a single shadow dancer level, with HiPS cheese you pretty much insta win against anything not imune to sneak attack, and slowly win to what is imune.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom