Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Oblivion answers at GameSpot

Vykromond

Scholar
Spazmo said:
Dave Gaider already once told Volourn to shut the fuck up, so you can flip out too.

Link? This is way before my time, I think :(

crpgnut

Augur
bryce777 said:
Also, morrowind is successful ONLY because they managed to fool buyers of daggerfall into buying their POS.

Eventually, unless they improve, people will wise up and stop buying their shit...then they will say 'there's just no market for pc rpgs any more!'[/quote

Wow! What a complete lack of living brain cells, Bryce! Daggerfall sold perhaps 200,000 copies total. Morrowind surpassed that by millions. I doubt that 5% of console Morrowind players ever played Daggerfall. When reading the official forums, I'm always amazed at the number of people who've never played ANY of the other games in the series. You don't happen to go by Lord Marcus Dracon on Usenet, do you? Did you try to get hired on there and got shot down?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
kathode said:
You see them talking about how big their world is and how great it is that their guilds are now seperate from the main quest. Both very obviously Morrowind influences.
I'll be generous and grant you the guilds, despite not really being guilds in the first place, they used to be strongly integrated into the main quest, and the complete seperation could be called Morrowindish.

You can also see all the people on their forums clamoring for mounts, "pointless" or not. They are even using Gamebryo now, reportedly, like us :) So it goes both ways.
That must be different forums from the ones I've seen, where people complain about any change, even the inclusion of shields. They are morons, but they are reactionary morons. Gamebryo on the other hand isn't Morrowindish.. that'd be like calling a title using the Unreal engine "Wheel of Time"-ish. :P

bryce777

Erudite
crpgnut said:
bryce777 said:
Also, morrowind is successful ONLY because they managed to fool buyers of daggerfall into buying their POS.

Eventually, unless they improve, people will wise up and stop buying their shit...then they will say 'there's just no market for pc rpgs any more!'[/quote

Wow! What a complete lack of living brain cells, Bryce! Daggerfall sold perhaps 200,000 copies total. Morrowind surpassed that by millions. I doubt that 5% of console Morrowind players ever played Daggerfall. When reading the official forums, I'm always amazed at the number of people who've never played ANY of the other games in the series. You don't happen to go by Lord Marcus Dracon on Usenet, do you? Did you try to get hired on there and got shot down?

It's called hype, and advertising...paid for with the cash they made before and coming off the good reception daggerfall had.

It is the same way with books and sequels always sell more than their predecessors...which is why you see series of books with like 15 installments these days.

They also put it into console land. Bottom line, I'm right and you are wrong. As usual.

bryce777

Erudite
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
bryce777 said:

Eventually, unless they improve, people will wise up and stop buying their shit...then they will say 'there's just no market for pc rpgs any more!'

If that was the case, don't you think people would have stopped playing it? Morrowind still sells well, 3 years after release, all around the world. The mod community is very, very active, and if you look at the official forums or any of the many fan sites world wide, you'll see that there's a huge and active community of fans.

I don't care if you like Elder Scrolls games or not. That's your prerogative. But your hyperbole is getting a bit thick. You need to realize that your opinion is not shared by the entire world -- and that neither they nor you are wrong to hold those opinions, different as they are.

Well, that is true.

I actually like you personally, and it was not you that made that other remark.

I think that the appeal morrowind had was very least common denominator, though. As for oblivion I guess we will see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom