Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian Butthurt Detected

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
MetalCraze said:
All quests in New Vegas go down to 'shoot'-'talk'
There is nothing else to them.
Not a little bit of exploration or the need from the player to show an independent thought

Caring people of Obsidian punch you in your face with what and how to do and then give you warnings of what's going to happen if you do that or this. Quest compass takes care of the rest (e.g. they fuck up all that that made Fallout quests worthwile)

Just like Beth.

3/10

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MetalCraze said:
Quest compass takes care of the rest (e.g. they fuck up all that that made Fallout quests worthwile)

Fallout quests were easy as shit and the playable area was so small no real exploration was required. Having a huge map is meaningless if most of the zones are empty.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Perhaps, but a huge map full of locations is equally meaningless in regards to individual quests when there is a silly quest compass that always points you in the right direction.

Whatever. Obsidian made DSIII

Fucking scavengers, why not make something new? Oh but I see, that attempt sort of failed, so let's just take whiffs of whatever shit droppings from just about anyone. No BDSM here, just like somebody took a dump and a dog came to see what's it all about.

made

Arcane
IronicNeurotic said:
This is Bioware

gaiderinterview_greywardens.jpg

stan-woo.jpg

This is Obsidian
308341-josh_eric_sawyer.jpg

avelloneITV.jpg
Someone should make these into OS vs BW posters like those EU vs US posters, you know thems portray Amerikans as fat and lazy and Europeans as healthy and attractive yeah haha those are funny.

SoupNazi

Begriffenfeldt said:
Hobo Elf said:
Bioware: Embarassing social awkward subhuman scum
Obsidian: People you'd actually like to spend time with
The Codex: uhhh

The Codex: Scum only Bioware would hang out with.

Sannom

Augur
To the OP :

that pic in the image gallery where the Codex is depicted as a crowd of crying and screaming babies was around a long time before Alpha Protocol came out. Some people at Obsidian didn't wait for AP to have a very definite view of the Codex.

Black Cat

Magister
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:

Fucking scavengers, why not make something new? Oh but I see, that attempt sort of failed, so let's just take whiffs of whatever shit droppings from just about anyone. No BDSM here, just like somebody took a dump and a dog came to see what's it all about.

As far as I remember they were doing something new and looking for a publisher. Squarenix happened to be interested but told them to change the game to use the Dungeon Siege thing. Or something like that, I don't really follow Obsidian news.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Black Cat said:

As far as I remember they were doing something new and looking for a publisher. Squarenix happened to be interested but told them to change the game to use the Dungeon Siege thing. Or something like that, I don't really follow Obsidian news.

Yeah, that's what I remember as well.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
Black Cat said:

Not actually quite like that. The original pitch is still running at Square. They just didn't want to do it back then because of the market situation back then. So they decided on a established IP Square had hanging around. Dungeon Siege.

The two games share themes though as far I understand. For example Dungeon Siege III also starts after everythings gone to hell.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
All quests in New Vegas go down to 'shoot'-'talk'
There is nothing else to them.
Not a little bit of exploration or the need from the player to show an independent thought

Caring people of Obsidian punch you in your face with what and how to do and then give you warnings of what's going to happen if you do that or this. Quest compass takes care of the rest (e.g. they fuck up all that that made Fallout quests worthwile)

Just like Beth.

What's excellent is that your beloved space ghouls quest is a perfect example of this not being the case.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
IronicNeurotic said:
Jaesun said:
Black Cat said:

Not actually quite like that. The original pitch is still running at Square. They just didn't want to do it back then because of the market situation back then. So they decided on a established IP Square had hanging around. Dungeon Siege.

The two games share themes though as far I understand. For example Dungeon Siege III also starts after everythings gone to hell.

Ahh thanks for the info. :salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It would be a nice thing if the compass became more inaccurate when close to the target, so you still had to look over a general area.

MCA
Technically speaking, you can make one of the objectives of a quest to enter a cell so the marker will be removed upon completion of that objective, and make the next objective depend on a variable instead of flagging NPCs or items to avoid the marker pointing to them, so it is actually possible. But I think there are only a couple examples of that in FNV. Bethesda base has consistently complained about having to find shit in the past.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom