Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian Butthurt Detected

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
villain of the story said:
Excellent characterization? Execution of a few characters were truly excellent and showed us what next-gen in computer games is supposed to be in RPGs the way Bloodlines also did. The rest? A pile of shit of comic stereotypes. Solid writing? Again, exclusive to those few characters. The rest was Hollywood blockbuster wannabe bullshit. Still, all of it was better than anything in DA:O. Writing in DA:O is similar to a thread full of whiny needy lonely aged children going emofag on each other

Could you point to these charachters that were bullshit?

I can't name any. Even those that filled more in line of stereotypes. (Madison, SIE) were p. good charachterized and stayed true to it.

The only real bullshit part I can remember regarding charachterization was the end of rome with Madison/Mike. And that did only have a few lines.

Ulminati said:
Damn, this thread is tempting me to give AP a try.

You should it's quite often on 7,50$ sales on steam and despite some people hating it it still has very nicely done all the story/character/C&C stuff

Altrough honestly speaking technical side of the game (mechanics, graphics, overall polish) is simply bad.

XenomorphII

Prophet
You should give AP a try. I bought it recently from GamersGate who had a nice deal on Sega games going and got it for like 10-15 bucks and have been really pleased with it. Having gone through the game twice I am still able to take different approaches and have seen a pretty different game unfold each time. The gameplay itself takes some getting used to (mostly the wonky camera) but its hardly a terrible game, and I found it much more fun to play than Mass Effect.

WDeranged

Educated
denizsi said:
IronicNeurotic said:
Havoc said:
And references to Something Awful. It's just shows that Obsidian has nerds, not like Bethesda and Bioware. That's a good thing! I don't like games made by jocks.

Nonono. The problem isn't that they are "Nerds" and the other "jocks".

They are both nerds.

The problem is

This is Bioware

gaiderinterview_greywardens.jpg

stan-woo.jpg

This is Obsidian
308341-josh_eric_sawyer.jpg

avelloneITV.jpg

Now with which of these are actually capable of extended social interaction?

Even between nerds there is a difference.

(And I'm not making fun of that Bioware is fat. Feargus is also chubby but he has a awesome personality to go with it. Bioware takes their nerddom waaaay too far.

Hobo Elf said:
Bioware: Embarassing social awkward subhuman scum
Obsidian: People you'd actually like to spend time with

:salute:

Two posts worthy of remembering forever.

I don't mean to smother a budding bromance here but Sawyer doesn't actually drink, smoke or do drugs, I'm guessing that picture is some kind of NV promo.

Multi-headed Cow

Are you telling me Gaider doesn't actually walk around with a rat on his head and Woo doesn't flounce about with his sequined hat and pixie wings?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
What those four pictures actually boils down to is

Bioware: fat and ugly and wears glasses goddammit ever hear of lenses fuckers?!!
Obsidian: handsome men you want to gently caress.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
WDeranged said:
I don't mean to smother a budding bromance here but Sawyer doesn't actually drink, smoke or do drugs, I'm guessing that picture is some kind of NV promo.

Yes it was. Doesn't hurt the point though and it just means Sawyer can take a joke.

But for you a different picture then:

1363607-josh_sawyeritv.jpg

Achilles

Arcane
villain of the story said:
Sure, sure. So how's the national bankruptcy going for you, Alehandros?

I have lots of babymeat stored so I'd say pretty good so far.

Nael

Arcane

He doesn't drink? What an enormous faggot.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Nael said:

As far as I know. He does. Just not excessive.

He likes stoners more than drunks to hang around with even though he doesn't do drugs.

Which.. is actually pretty consistent with me.

:thumbsup:

Hegel

Arcane
Black Is... ahem Obsidian are pretty cool blokes.
That pic of MCA reminds me of Indiana Jones.

Nael

Arcane
IronicNeurotic said:
Nael said:

As far as I know. He does. Just not excessive.

He likes stoners more than drunks to hang around with even though he doesn't do drugs.

Which.. is actually pretty consistent with me.

:thumbsup:

Well that's cool. I try not to overdo it on drink as well. I just don't trust teetotalers. At all. If out of principle then they are likely either Muslim or Puritanical Christian. Two religious sects that I have little to no respect for. If it is because they are recovering alcoholics then they have a serious character flaw to begin with and are not to be trusted.

The only time it's ok for someone to totally abstain from alcohol is if they have a physical medical condition preventing them from imbibing. Children you say? Fuck that. Kids should be allowed to drink too.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
WDeranged said:
I don't mean to smother a budding bromance here but Sawyer doesn't actually drink, smoke or do drugs
Oh you didn't smother it, you positively lit it :love:

Nael said:
The only time it's ok for someone to totally abstain from alcohol is if they have a physical medical condition preventing them from imbibing.
Does the intolerance from mutated alcohol dehydrogenase that some asians have count? Because, having been good friends with someone who had this, it was NOT pleasant for him, let me tell you.

Children you say? Fuck that. Kids should be allowed to drink too.
First time I had beer I was... 7 maybe? Granted it was a family gathering and my parents were around (and were OKish with it), and I had a tiny amount before going tipsy. It was my father's late uncle's idea. I miss him, he was such a nice man :(

Alex

Arcane
Nael said:
Well that's cool. I try not to overdo it on drink as well. I just don't trust teetotalers. At all. If out of principle then they are likely either Muslim or Puritanical Christian. Two religious sects that I have little to no respect for. If it is because they are recovering alcoholics then they have a serious character flaw to begin with and are not to be trusted.

Don't you think this is a little closed minded of you, judging people by something so broad like that? Anyway, I don't drink alcohol simply because I don't like the taste. I just prefer grape juice to wine and my only use to beer is as a seasoning.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nael said:

The only time it's ok for someone to totally abstain from alcohol is if they have a physical medical condition preventing them from imbibing. Children you say? Fuck that. Kids should be allowed to drink too.

I haven't seen this much dumbfuck packed in one post since the Bioware forums.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sceptic said:
Children you say? Fuck that. Kids should be allowed to drink too.
First time I had beer I was... 7 maybe? Granted it was a family gathering and my parents were around (and were OKish with it), and I had a tiny amount before going tipsy. It was my father's late uncle's idea. I miss him, he was such a nice man :(
Fun fact: Sceptic is part of the Alcoholics Anonymus organization since the age of 7. :D

Mastermind said:
Nael said:

This.

What's wrong with being abstain? It's not like alcohol is essential to be a normal person. (Before someone asks, I'm not abstain, but I can count on my hands how many times I drink alchohol in a year.)

Black Cat

Magister
Nael said:

What about, you know, just totally not enjoying it? Or actually having enough self respect to not do something that carries the risk of seriously messing up your image?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
J_C said:
What's wrong with being abstain? It's not like alcohol is essential to be a normal person. (Before someone asks, I'm not abstain, but I can count on my hands how many times I drink alchohol in a year.)

I agree, but actually a glass of wine once in a while is pretty good for your health.

Nael

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Nael said:
The only time it's ok for someone to totally abstain from alcohol is if they have a physical medical condition preventing them from imbibing.
Does the intolerance from mutated alcohol dehydrogenase that some asians have count? Because, having been good friends with someone who had this, it was NOT pleasant for him, let me tell you.

Sure. I suppose so. I will allow him to continue living in my own twisted sense of What the World Should Be.

Alex said:
Don't you think this is a little closed minded of you, judging people by something so broad like that? Anyway, I don't drink alcohol simply because I don't like the taste. I just prefer grape juice to wine and my only use to beer is as a seasoning.

No. People judge based upon much broader sensibilities all the time. And most of you here would consider them to be "rational" or even Heroes of Our Age.

Mastermind said:

I'll take that as a compliment coming from a true Master of the Dumbfuck. I bow to your superior form, sensei.

J_C said:
What's wrong with being abstain? It's not like alcohol is essential to be a normal person

Correct. Normal is not what we are aiming for however. It is essential to mutate the human endocrine system so that someday it is capable of processing far deadlier poisons than alcohol, such as the venom of a Barbalax Nightcrawler. Nasty critters. Coincidentally they are native to the same planet Jews are originally from in the Constellation Draco, orbiting a huge red dwarf. My offspring will offer sacrifices in my honor on the altar within their spacecruiser. Your offspring on the other hand will still be on Earth, unable to partake in the great voyage to the stars. They will be relegated to shoveling shit in the slums of Cantucheous Friez, Chickanzania.

Black Cat said:
What about, you know, just totally not enjoying it?

You sound like a fucking sad sack. Buck up there, soldier!

Black Cat said:
Or actually having enough self respect to not do something that carries the risk of seriously messing up your image?

Yes. Because image is EVERYTHING. And alcohol has something to do with that.

:retarded:

Fuck you all for not being able to take a stupid fucking joke. Fuck you and you and you and you. And you.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Not only is GRPD full of General gaming shit like Dragon Age 2 and Alpha Protocol, but now General discussion shit starts to fill its spaces. Nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom