Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian in chart

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"-overland map with skillchecks
-party dialogue
-tons of skill checks
-different dialogue if you worship the proper god, are of specific race, class and so on- even if sometimes it doesn't change anything it adds to this thing bethesda invented called "immersion"."

All meaningless if the actual game is shit.

And, they didn't 'add' anything since aoo of this shit was included in other games before.

Black

Arcane
Volourn said:
-party dialogue
-tons of skill checks
-different dialogue if you worship the proper god, are of specific race, class and so on- even if sometimes it doesn't change anything it adds to this thing bethesda invented called "immersion"."

And, they didn't 'add' anything since aoo of this shit was included in other games before.

But can I kiss you?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Volourn said:
-party dialogue
-tons of skill checks

I actually agree with Volourn. SoZ added a lot of good improvements to the NWN2 formula, as itemized above, but the game itself was shit, utterly uninvolving, and (like most of Obsidian's releases, unfortunately) half-assed.

Lumpy

Arcane
There's no reason to put KotOR2 above the Banal Shit Boring category. It describes it perfectly.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm waiting for someone to make "The Codex in chart" with a bunch of posters. I would do it but I'm lazy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
-party dialogue
-tons of skill checks

What the fuck are you talking about? So since these gameplay elements were in other games before, they don't add anything to SOZ? Sorry, I didn't know that party dialogue and skill checks feature can not be used in other games. FFS, one of the reasons why we are raging about DA2 is the lack of (non-combat) skill checks. You also talked about this. Now you are flip-flopping and saying that these are meaningless. What's wrong with you? I know what's your problem. Since you can't defend Bioware any more after what they have done, you are shitting on every other developer and their games. Just to prove that Bioware is not the worst.

Hegel

Arcane
I do not agree
Sith Lords: Good for what it was
MoTB: Heaven
NWN2: Worse than Oblivion
Alpha Protocol: Banal shit boring
SoZ: Good for what it was
NV: Good for what it was.

SoZ bashing is stupid, the game was worth the 15$ you paid for it, the rest is our typical princess' rambling.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
i PAID $40 ON soz. jUST SAYIN'.

"You also talked about this. Now you are flip-flopping and saying that these are meaningless. What's wrong with you? I know what's your problem."

No flip floppin' dumbo. Perhaps, you just can't read properly.

Hegel

Arcane
Volourn said:
i PAID $40 ON soz. jUST SAYIN'.
Bad for you, I got it from Play.com one week after release for 15EU + shipping prices (bought about 30 items that day, so shipping was divided among).
And I wasn't even looking to save money, I just wanted to get a batch of titles in their native language.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Bullshit. It was just plain 'ol fashin shit. DTU, POR2, EOTB level type of shit.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Obsidian should sell the Alpha Protocol IP to Bethesda instead and let them revive the spy rpg genre.

Lumpy

Arcane
Hegel said:
I do not agree

SoZ bashing is stupid, the game was worth the 15$ you paid for it, the rest is our typical princess' rambling.
Change your avatar, first time I saw this post I thought this was Management's official opinion.

Hegel

Arcane
Lumpy said:
Hegel said:
I do not agree

Change your avatar, first time I saw this post I thought this was Management's official opinion.
In fact it is, given how our mighty Overlord quoted an identical post of mine in a similar thread some time ago. :smug:

Lumpy

Arcane
Hegel said:
Lumpy said:
Hegel said:
I do not agree

In fact it is, given how our mighty Overlord quoted an identical post of mine in a similar thread some time ago. :smug:
Management is fickle and his opinion may change from one thread to another. To know his mind is to know death.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Hegel said:
SoZ bashing is stupid, the game was worth the 15$ you paid for it
No it's not. I praised MotB by putting it in the 'HEAVAN' category, despite it only being 12-15 hrs long. Therefore, it is perfectly legitimate to bash SoZ for being 5-10 of the least enjoyable hours I've ever spent gaming.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DriacKin said:
SoZ for being 5-10 of the least enjoyable hours I've ever spent gaming.
You probably don't game much if that was the least enjoyable game for you. I mean there are much more more awful games out there.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Sith Lords: Great character development. Everything else was ok.
MoTB: Good. Somewhat overrated
NWN2: Good just stupid so I want to say I didnt like it but its a guilty pleasure I cant deny.
SoZ: Loved it. Dont understand the hate at all. Had more fun with it than Motb
NV: Still haven't played enough of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom