Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
people should be more worried about whether the combat will actually be fun. That will ultimately be the only thing that matters.

QFT

Bloody hope auto-attack AI bugfix makes it into Monday's build. v252 is really buggy. I saw instances where Adam commanded a character to auto-attack, but the character did nothing. He had to issue it a second time.

coffeetable

Savant
Bloody hope auto-attack AI bugfix makes it into Monday's build. v252 is really buggy. I saw instances where Adam commanded a character to auto-attack, but the character did nothing. He had to issue it a second time.
if you're going into a beta expecting it to be enjoyable or fun, you done fucked up

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
coffeetable

I've played plenty of beta's before. My point is more charged by the fact that I'm doing the Codex write up inc. a Let's Play of the beta, and the auto-attack bug would make it quite annoying to watch. They have fixed the bug already, but they're not sure if it will make it into the backer beta immediately. If it doesn't, I'm considering waiting until they patch it before I record.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Bloody hope auto-attack AI bugfix makes it into Monday's build. v252 is really buggy.

that got me worried too. all the talk about their internal bug tracking software and then they present a beta with such obvious issues. one wonders how they existed unnoticed (unfixed) up to now. if that's the version they release on monday the internet will be full of complaint, laughter, and cries for bugsidian. once again.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Bloody hope auto-attack AI bugfix makes it into Monday's build. v252 is really buggy.

that got me worried too. all the talk about their internal bug tracking software and then they present a beta with such obvious issues. one wonders how they existed unnoticed (unfixed) up to now. if that's the version they release on monday the internet will be full of complaint, laughter, and cries for bugsidian. once again.

What talk? They mentioned that they changed their bugtracking in 2010/2011 nearly 2 years ago and its not like they made a big deal out of it since.

Also as Sensuki said that bug only appeared very recently. Lots of things won't be great/perfect in the backer beta. Kind of the point there to give feedback.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
What talk? They mentioned that they changed their bugtracking in 2010/2011 nearly 2 years ago and its not like they made a big deal out of it since.

feargus made a deal out of it. remember all the interviews about ds3 and south park and how little bug-ridden they were, thanks to their all new and shiny bug tracking pipeline? btw at this topic i am a defender, but i can well imagine all the cries and tears shed over "bugsidian's usually crappy releases".

lmao if it didn't have obvious issues it wouldn't be a beta, it'd be a finished game what the fuck is wrong with you

tell that the spergs ejaculating their reviews on monday.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
hoverdog what class/classes did you play?
Cipher. Suffice to say, I was completely at a loss when using his abilities :M

The rest of the party was standard: a fighter, a cleric, a rogue and a mage. The rogue tended to get knocked out all the time. The mage had a rather typical set of magicks, including magic missiles, web, fireball, also a flaming hands-like, some sort of rolling fire projectile and a life drain-type spells. The cleric was incredibly useful, sturdy enough to fight on the front line while also bolstering a number of useful spells (healing, party buffs). The fighter was a fighter, only I always forgot to use his knockdowns :negative:.

Duraframe300

Arcane

feargus made a deal out of it. remember all the interviews about ds3 and south park and how little bug-ridden they were, thanks to their all new and shiny bug tracking pipeline? btw at this topic i am a defender, but i can well imagine all the cries and tears shed over "bugsidian's usually crappy releases".

That never happened. The only time that was a big deal was in the Knights of New Vegas interview. Somewhere mid- december 2012.

Other than that there was just the small mention here and there.

I think you're confusing Feargus with some fan (may be me) here. They did bring it up.

Sensuki

Arcane
Portrait caps

P6.png
P1.png
P22.png
P44.png
P33.png
P7.png

Dem godlike portraits :bounce:

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
I don't think I can. Someone will eventually do it.

Infinitron was it you who said that Justin Bell went for Michael Hoenig regarding battle music but not wilderness/travelling tracks?

I thought exactly the same thing. A little bit unfortunate because it was the wilderness style tracks that made the Baldur's Gate 1 and Icewind Dale soundtracks memorable. The background stuff is much, much more subdued.

Martius

Liturgist
From what I could seen it looks like some portraits have few variants (with different hair cut or colour). Anyone knows if only few portraits are like that or all of them?

Sensuki

Arcane
Yeah some of them are done in the Shadowrun Returns style. Not all of them are like that but a lot of them are.

I'm personally not a fan of that in this instance because it's a more painterly art style, the portrait quality suffers a bit; whereas in SRR it wasn't an issue.

I find Polina's Earth Godlike portraits bleh, but her rendition of Kana Rua is great.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think I can. Someone will eventually do it.

Why not? I updated the Eder portrait a few months ago myself, with a new Wiki account.

Infinitron was it you who said that Justin Bell went for Michael Hoenig regarding battle music but not wilderness/travelling tracks?

I thought exactly the same thing. A little bit unfortunate because it was the wilderness style tracks that made the Baldur's Gate 1 and Icewind Dale soundtracks memorable. The background stuff is much, much more subdued.

No, what I meant to say was that the wilderness/background tracks are more Icewind Dale/Jeremy Soule style.

Sensuki

Arcane
The ones I've heard aren't really IWD like. They're more his Elder Scrolls style

There was a nice subtle classical guitar track in the tavern though. BG tavern music was over the top.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
These new portraits look really bad, compared to Shadowrun and Wasteland 2. I hope they will add better ones for the full release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom