Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

MCA

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Goodnight y'all. After this ridiculous hysteria induced pledge I need to go and lie down. Now I know how people like mind2x and other McScrooge Moneybags' here on the codex feel when they go all out. Trouble is, they can sustain it having grown fat on the work of the proletariat beneath them. I on the other hand cannot so now I'll be racked by guilt for weeks. Add the Codex pledge and it makes it even more stupefying.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
I don't get why, when we manage to get a sweet-ass 14-level-deep dungeon, some of you guys want to "split it up into two dungeons!!" That completely destroys the epic novelty of it. The whole point is that it's a 14-level-deep dungeon.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't get why, when we manage to get a sweet-ass 14-level-deep dungeon, some of you guys want to "split it up into two dungeons!!" That completely destroys the epic novelty of it. The whole point is that it's a 14-level-deep dungeon.
Two more levels and it'd be Diablo in its entirety. Good luck with that.

Deleted member 7219

I will be sorely disappointed if the final name of this game isn't PROJECT WOOOOOOOOOO.

I can see it now.

Obsidian logo comes up. Unity engine logo comes up. Title screen fades into view... the text: Project and then Avellone screams through your speakers, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Goodnight y'all. After this ridiculous hysteria induced pledge I need to go and lie down. Now I know how people like mind2x and other McScrooge Moneybags' here on the codex feel when they go all out. Trouble is, they can sustain it having grown fat on the work of the proletariat beneath them. I on the other hand cannot so now I'll be racked by guilt for weeks. Add the Codex pledge and it makes it even more stupefying.

I feel the same way... so long as the wife doesn't kill me, I'll get over it though. Unless Eternity turns into Ultima IX in which case I may hang myself.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

I'm fairly certain owning a computer that will run Project Eternity, having Internet access, being able to purchase games on a regular basis, and not going into lifelong debt/starving to death due to your impulsive contribution already place you among the worldwide elite.

I donated the same amount (sans Race Traitor), and I'm about fucking tapped out on Kickstarters and shit for this year and most of the next. Nearly $3,000 spent, so far. They've tugged my Wasteland/Fallout heartstring, my Baldur's Gate/Planescape Torment heartstring, my Space Quest heartstring (SpaceVenture), my Tim Schafer heartstring, my Wing Commander hearstring (Star Citizen), and my Shadowrun heartstring.

They're running out of hearstrings to tug, so my wallet might be safe.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
We found out the guy wasn't rockin' out with his cock out.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I feel the same way... so long as the wife doesn't kill me, I'll get over it though. Unless Eternity turns into Ultima IX in which case I may hang myself.

NOTHING on earth will ever topple that fucking piece of shit.

Nothing. Even Bethesda couldn't even make a game THAT bad. That is honestly horrifying to comprehend.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Blaine

yeah you may be right when you put it in perspective. Hell, rent for a week for a house here in Australia is more or less what this pledge cost me and it comes and goes like that. I guess the real guilt comes from spending it on a vanity/nostalgia thing for personal benefit rather than spending it on my family, my boy. Sure, all the other times they take priority but still one cannot escape this stupid guilt rather than enjoy the buzz of treating my dormant inner self for once.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No kits for classes like in BG2 but each class has several options in which to "grow".

DA:O style ability trees confirmed. I've been saying it all along. Here's hoping it will be a good game despite shit like that.

You need to update your sig. Also, what are "TITTY angles"? That doesn't sound like a bad thing. :smug:

EDIT: Wait a minute, DA:O didn't really have ability "trees", they were more like ability lists. Or something.

No kits for classes like in BG2 but each class has several options in which to "grow".

DA:O style ability trees confirmed. I've been saying it all along. Here's hoping it will be a good game despite shit like that.
People may be able to go in whatever direction they may choose thought. After all this game seems like it might be pretty open. Nevertheless I look forward to the speculation and discussion.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fallout 4, Dudebro hiking simulator 4. I am not looking forward to it. Damn you BGS! :x

Every time I see a Bethesda game referred to as a "hiking simulator," I laugh and/or choke in real life.

My fondest comedy memory of Fallout 3 is when you'd jump your character onto a six-inch-high rock, and Dogmeat would immediately turn around and sprint off into the distance due to some sort of crazy pathfinding nonsense.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like they finished with 3.986,929 millions. Do you know what it means?
$4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.
He escaped by 23,071 $

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom