Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ocasional problems accessing forums

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Ocasionally i have this problem accessing the Codex. Basically, i click on the link to forums, and the page loads all the images, but does not load the forums at all, despite indicating the page is 100% loaded. This can only be countered by closing the browser, waiting for a while, and then returning later. Sometimes i have to restart the computer. Other times i just manually track down and erase the board's cookies.

Now, two things of note. This problem happened even before i installed Avant Browser (the same thing happened when i had ye olde Internet Explorer). Second, it's the only page where this happens, or where i've seen happening.

Ideas?

Talorc

Liturgist
hmm wierd. You have now exhausted the extent of my browser related technical prowess ;-)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep, that good. Much more convinient. I switched few weeks ago myself, and the difference is big. Love the tabs.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm still on Mozilla personally. Tabs are a definite.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Thanks, Ex. I only had been called stupid up until this point in my life. Now, criminally stupid... it's got a certain flavor to it, doesn't it?

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Indeed.

You're not just stupid... your stupidity is so dangerous it's a CRIME!

But don't worry, the Bioware sympathesizers will help you escape the tyrannical iron fist of Codexian law.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'm a Firefox man mainly because I like free, open-sourced stuff (Firefox is completely free) that uses very little resources, but Opera's much more stable in regards to the download manager. Firefox has a tendency to 'fuck up big time' when you try to download a file, so I had to disable the download manager alerts. As for saying it 'fucks up big time', that's just the lighter, friendlier way of putting my emotions into words.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
That's why I'm sticking with Mozilla until Firefox is out of beta. But I'm looking forward to their first release... it looks nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom