Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
A mission takes up a single slot. The only thing you have to buy for Foundry is slots (10k Dil price remains the same, and I think it always gives you three slots), everything else comes provided.

Multi-headed Cow

Neat, thanks! In that case I guess I'll probably spend the dil and take a look at it.

Vaarna_Aarne

I once did an accolade grind mission with it. It's kind of like the Aurora toolset without terrain editing (luckily you have lots of maps to choose from), but more streamlined in a good way.

Multi-headed Cow

Oh shit, NWN1-era toolset? That was my favorite! Might be all over this.

Multi-headed Cow

Well damn, can't seem to buy foundry slots. Got 10,000 dilithium available but the button's grayed out.

Edwin

Scholar
wtf is the problem with the exchange,i am trying to sell my exclusive items like efficient letheans and saurians photonic science officers and fed and klingon breens,purple orion slave girls and nobody buys shit

sto is in economy crisis

Drakron

Arcane
wtf is the problem with the exchange,

Witch one?

i am trying to sell my exclusive items like efficient letheans and saurians photonic science officers and fed and klingon breens,purple orion slave girls and nobody buys shit

Well Efficient seems to only work once as there is no diminishing returns, its near impossible to even known how things actually work.

But that is not really the issues, the problems are ...

Everyone that can pay those prices likely have them, the only money you get with BO is with the "untrainable" skills and Photonic III is not really a skill people are interested because Rift and Gravity Well are better, even the M/VAE usually runs with Rift.

That means unless your Purple Orion Slave Girls are worthless unless they got the Superior Seduce, rarity means shit on the game outside what their actual traits are and chances are, they have idiotic trait combinations.

Money is now on the DOFF market because of the compactor, BOFFs? Only if they got some really sought out skill.

sto is in economy crisis

Of course it is because of many reasons.

First: the Exchange search function seems broken, some times things do not show up in the searches.

Second: The economy is fucked beyond belief because there are no money sinks, people made bilions back and have nothing to spend them on.

Third: due to what I can only call stupid decisions we have Cryptic Employers buying things when they fucked up ... a example, Gold Lockboxes did not Bind on Pickup and that mean people could either mail then or sell them, they changed that but before that they gone to the Exchange and brought up all they could no matter what price, when they fucked up with the current one (yes, they committed the same error twice) people start selling then at 50 million, this was flooding the market with free EC instead of ... you know, LEAVE IT ALONE as it would solve itself when the Item was changed.

There are other issues, at least I consider them to be issues, with how somethings are handled ... the only way to get Mk XII consoles is by the DOFF system but since its a random thing you might well end up with someone you dont necessary have use for but you also might end up with something that is now a extremely sought out item, like a Very Rare Mk. XII Anti-Proton console and since they know they WILL sell them they go for a absurdity like 100 millions.

Simply put the economy is in a inflation spiral for several reasons, even if something have fallen down ... like Romulan Ale that at one point was going for well over 100,000 EC per bottle.

Of course they could have solve it by price fixing, that is instead of making Romulan Ale "drop only" they could made a NPC sell it and that would had killed the speculation and the same goes for the Mk XII Consoles ... instead their fixes were in one case make a DOFF assignment that you can get Romulan Ale by chance (meaning, it solved nothing ... it only dropped because people completed that assignment part of the chain and moved on) and by making the Mk. XII console assembly a always available assignment that solved nothing because getting a console STILL requires a assignment to show up and so does the infusing process not to say what console you actually get is still random, had no impact on the market.

The good news is ... you dont need it, outfitting your ship with Rare MK XI is more that enough and possible using the D Store as the best BOFF team I had was entirely composed of BO Store commons along with the Borg DOFF.

Vaarna_Aarne

Another thing that changes how the economy works is that there's a lot of people selling and fewer people buying as some people will always just get their own stuff. It's the same thing in Champions, the increase in supply always pushes prices down. In general, I've found that the only way to make bank is to either match the lowest price or sell slightly lower so you show up first in the search.

Edwin

Scholar
yeah I know,my items are the cheapest(or will be,undercutting is usual in MMOs I will log in soon)

You know I was stupid I used to have lots of ECs but outfitted my low level alts with efficient saurians,blues and purples(before DOFFS were implemented I leveled just in BGs),my klingon with full epic orion slave girl crew etc.

now I want xindi doffs and im broke and nothing wants to sell (//.-)

Vaarna_Aarne

Xindi doffs are only in one Colonization chain and in the Gamma Quadrant Officer Pack, so those would be extremely expensive if they were on sale.

Also, I understand that Efficient DOES stack... But it's still way, wayyyyy overhyped, the difference is only a few points per Power Level at best.

Edwin

Scholar
only a few points per Power Level (it really shows up just on low power level subsystems but its still useful)

or nothing

Multi-headed Cow

Weird. I was fucking around with STO and got a critical success on raiding a Facility 40somethingsomething fugitive safehouse. Got 3 white con prisoners and a blue jem'hadar prisoner. Then I saw a "Return dominion fugitive to Facility 40**" DOFF mission, with no material reward and only worth something like 200 development XP.

Surely there's a better use for a blue prisoner than this, right? Tried Googling it and couldn't find this specific "Return" mission.

Edit: Huh. Well the only other blue jem'hadar prisoner I saw on the exchange was set at a million EC, so unless you bros know of a specific use for 'em I'll probably just sell the bastard.

Vaarna_Aarne

There's an assignment where you trade a Dominion prisoner for a DOFF from the Dominion, which is one of the ONLY ways to get Telekinetic DOFFs (really valuable). The mission appears around Zenas Expanse, maybe other parts of Alpha Quadrant too.

Multi-headed Cow

Oh, ok. I'll go wander around there and see if I can get it then, thanks bro!
Why are telekinetic DOFFs so valuable? I've got two jem'hadar from the dominion DOFF pack that was free (Still is?) from the 40** missions. And a purple... Lumpy eared guy.

Vaarna_Aarne

Jem'Hadar don't have Telekinesis, but the Vorta does. The thing with Telekinesis is that assignments that require it often have 600+ Commendation XP involved, and they cover a large deal of types, the standard uses being Engineering (Unorthodox Warp Core Breach testing), Science (Telekinetic Science Methodology) and Tactical (Test Telekinesis for Security Applications).

PS: Valkar reach Exploration Rank 4 last week.

Multi-headed Cow

Ahhh, yeah, I see. I've noticed those "Gold" missions seem to be better than the rest for XP and dilithium rewards, usually.

Vaarna_Aarne

Btw, when the Fleet Starbases come out, I'll get us two. Hope you arsemongers appreciate it as much as I do.

EDIT: Also, I'm selling my Fed Orion Female science BO for 10 mil. Any bro who can shovel up the cash can have her.

Multi-headed Cow

Well I'm not even in the Codex fleet. Or Codex STO chat. Or anything. Maybe I should stop being a space hermit so I can admire Codex starbase.

Vaarna_Aarne

You aren't in the Codex Fleet or Chat? WHY?!?!?

Anyway, just post your handle and char names and everything will be put in order.

Vaarna_Aarne

Right, logging in to send you invites. Are both Fed, or is one KDF?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom