Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On the shoulders of giants: a new multiple choices LP!

m4davis

Scholar
B

I probably shouldn't rain on this coal parade, but coal bonfire still won't melt iron - you guys realize that, right? You'd need to invent furnace and bellows to have hope of reaching the needed temperature.
I'm mostly voting for the trip to Mount Doom to resupply with obsidian, check out what's up and let the dudes get away from their hairy chimp waifus and enjoy their hard-earned vacation.
tXb9N.gif

TOME

Cuckmaster General
C. We can look for obsidian same time and see if the place is habitable once again should the need arise.

ScubaV

Prophet
C

I like the dual gain of checking for coal and obsidian plus scouting the area. As for transportation, we've got canoes/rafts. As a small tribe just experimenting with metallurgy our demand won't be very high so a single trip should be able to supply us for a decent amount of time.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm voting for A, as that's the only option that will have a chance of creating a fire hot enough. Simply burning coal in an open fire can't get us to the temperatures we'd need, so searching for coal is useless without other inventions even if we did find it. Also, having the Weilder create weapons for us should be better than having him shovel manure.

Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a CYOA had suddenly been called into existence several pages above the surface of Playground's abyss of forgotten relics. And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a CYOA, this poor innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity as a CYOA before it then had to come to terms with not being a CYOA any more. This is a complete record of its thoughts from the moment it began its life till the moment it ended it:

- "Ah … ! What’s happening?" - it thought. "Er, excuse me, who am I? Hello? Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Calm down, get a grip now … oh! this is an interesting sensation, what is it? It’s a sort of … yawning, tingling sensation in my … my … well I suppose I’d better start finding names for things if I want to make any headway in what for the sake of what I shall call an argument I shall call the Codex, so let’s call it my readers. Good. Ooooh, it’s getting quite strong. And hey, what’s about this whistling roaring sound going past what I’m suddenly going to call my story? Perhaps I can call that … lack of updates! Is that a good name? It’ll do … perhaps I can find a better name for it later when I’ve found out what it’s for. It must be something very important because there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of it. Hey! What’s this thing? This … let’s call it a narrative – yeah, narrative. Hey! I can can really thrash it about pretty good can’t I? Wow! Wow! That feels great! Doesn’t seem to achieve very much but I’ll probably find out what it’s for later on. Now – have I built up any coherent picture of things yet? No. Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation … Or is it the lack of updates? There really is a lot of that now isn’t it? And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground … Playground's End of Line! That’s it! That’s a good name – Playground's End of Line! I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

And the rest, after a sudden wet thud, was silence.

Esquilax

Arcane
Please don't go. The drones cubs need you.

cute-polar-bear-cub04.jpg

Curufinwe, if there's no update in 24 hours, the cuddly little polar bear gets it! Choose wisely.

Curufinwe

Learned
Yes guys, you're totally right, I apologize. I'm still on the forums, put this on hold a bit to recharge my creative batteries. Not over, but the daily updates are gone, true enough. Bear with me. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom