Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Our own Xero has reviewed Grandia II

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Grandia II

Our own <b>Xero</b> has <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=4">reviewed</a> the Console-to-PC CRPG, <a href="http://grandia2.ubi.com/">Grandia 2</a>. Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The two are later joined on their travels by a fiery magicienne, a feral beast-man, an innocent young boy and an android learning emotions. All proud set pieces in the history of console RPG characters. None, with the possible exception of Mareg the philosophical Beast-man, have a personality that takes longer than 2 lines of text to understand and most of the personal developments our happy crew go through are of the utterly predictable kind. That being said, there?s still some very good material here. Game Arts have done a wonderful job on character interaction, making the party banter endearing and often even witty in spite of the rather simple characters. There?s even a system for having conversations over dinner whenever you stop at an inn ? certainly not the most essential feature ever, but small touches like it add a great deal of colour to what would otherwise be mostly plain characters.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
So.. That's that.
<br>
<br>
(Exitium) Update: Link to review fixed.

Xerophyte

Educated
The dark netherworld of dutch Gouda cheese
I can't, since it's been edited, approved and posted. My influence as writer-monkey ceases at the moment publishing.

I think that someone should now take the time to give both me and whomever edited my little review a playful whack with the Big Stick of Disapproval. We should note stuff like giant masses of ?:s permeating our reviews.

Apologies to the poor folks who have read, plan to read or are reading that :)

Sheriff_Fatman

Liturgist
Did you enter your review through an HTML form? Did the person who approved it? If so, it's possibly the form processing that isn't handling your apostrophes (single quotes, I assume) correctly.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Deathy needs to give me editorial rights so I can edit those things and/or add changes to the various pages on the site. The staff page, for example, has wrong links.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom