Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paizo employee attempt to unionize and new store

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Friendly reminder that, unless you really, really, really want to play, for some strange reason, exactly one of their wacky adventure paths and/or modules, everything Paizo ever published that's even remotely interesting for a GM/player can easily be found here, completely free of charge:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/home

Those are the people that only gave us battle trannies and genderfluid gnomes. Golarion is one of the worst settings ever devised by human. Hell is mysoginy and the absence of women, I laugh every time.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Of course, the first thing that a reasonable person does when they get to make money on the side engaging their favourite hobby. Literally living the dream.

Union up and demand diversity in their workplace.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
9b8036d432608d1833927fd1e6b1174d9e77f508.png

They have formed a union, and one of their first demands is to hire a diversity officer. It is like ca:Mncer cells voting for more cancer.

You want to know how to stop this? Fire all of the freelancers.
Funny shit: looks like there are two groups that want to unionize at Paizo: the around 35 regular workers, who produce, manage and edit the stuff, and the 40+ freelancers who create, write and draw the stuff.

The United Paizo Workers are the regular guys that want their union recognized. The freelancers are another group, and they stopped doing their work until this is resolved lol.

It's an epic mess.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
9b8036d432608d1833927fd1e6b1174d9e77f508.png

They have formed a union, and one of their first demands is to hire a diversity officer. It is like ca:Mncer cells voting for more cancer.

You want to know how to stop this? Fire all of the freelancers.
Funny shit: looks like there are two groups that want to unionize at Paizo: the around 35 regular workers, who produce, manage and edit the stuff, and the 40+ freelancers who create, write and draw the stuff.

The United Paizo Workers are the regular guys that want their union recognized. The freelancers are another group, and they stopped doing their work until this is resolved lol.

It's an epic mess.

The problem is that Paizo isn't making money and the calls to unionize will end up sinking the company. That's how unions work these days. In the end, everyone is unemployed and broke, except the union bosses that are leeches on the worker.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
At this point I wouldn't really care if Paizo folded, Pathfinder fan that I am.

Their output over the last few years has been shit, and they're pushing PF 2e that no one likes anyway (it's the worst parts of 3.5 and 5e combined rather than an attempt to take the good parts of either).

There is a fairly big market for 3.75 play, so I've no doubt someone will continue the PF 1e tradition if Paizo ends up folding.

Arbaces

Novice
When will creative types realize there is little room for collective bargaining in their careers? Unions see their biggest success with shitty jobs that nobody wants to do. There will always be people who will put up with horrible conditions for the chance to work on games because they're passionate about it. These writers and editors could easily make a better living outside of gaming, but they want to have their cake and eat it too. It's the same drama that plays out in the videogames industry, and I wouldn't be surprised if tabletop game companies chew through the naive youth just as readily.

I agree about the they/them though. It'd be impossible to find any genitals to verify either way and Lord help you if you tried.

Imagine that thing menstruating. How long do you suppose it will take for the blood to find its way through the various layers of fat? Probably something like two weeks before there's a single red dot in their underwear.

No, I have no idea why the thought ever came to me. I'm terribly sorry.

:negative:
:updatedmytxt:

Humbaba

Arcane
Unions are based because they are precursors to industry wide syndicates, which are even more based, pog even. If you don't support unions you are a fucking faggot and should be killed.

Gyor

Savant
Why would Piazo fold when the owner can just say fuck it and sell it? Pathfinder/Starfinder/Golarian is still a very valuable IP, there are 2 popular video games connected to it, the brand a serious value to it. I could see a host of companies wanting to buy Paizo to make their own D&D rival, for future video games, TV shows, etc...

Hell if WotR is successful enough Owlcat might be willing to buy it.

The problem is that Paizo isn't making money and the calls to unionize will end up sinking the company. That's how unions work these days have always worked. In the end, everyone is unemployed and broke, except the union bosses that are leeches on the worker.

FTFY

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I agree about the they/them though. It'd be impossible to find any genitals to verify either way and Lord help you if you tried.

Imagine that thing menstruating. How long do you suppose it will take for the blood to find its way through the various layers of fat? Probably something like two weeks before there's a single red dot in their underwear.

Fat people stop having periods.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Fat people stop having periods.

Are you speaking from personal experience?

Bara

Arcane
Well paizo voluntarily recognized the union. We'll see what comes of it and what they actually get from their demands during negotiations

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
We'll see what comes of it
Terminal cancer.

They'll hire a die-versity officer, yet that won't appease the workers as they see it as a first step in "changing the company culture", and you'll get even more intestine fights. That officer will legitimize and support even more attacks on the company, and in reaction, the company will have two choices: cede even more ground and hasten their own death, or block it and be torn apart by a now entrenched union, in addition to SJW fans.

Forever decline is their fate. Until death, maybe. Or undeath, holding their IP in their cold dead hands until no one cares anymore.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Well paizo voluntarily recognized the union. We'll see what comes of it and what they actually get from their demands during negotiations

Unions have the advantage, that you can pay off the leaders and they will whip the employees for you. Give the boss a fat bonus and hint that he will lose it if their demands are too ridiculous.

---

Paizo has always been a progressive and woke company - I don't see how a diversity officer could make it worse.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So what is a diversity officer anyway? Sounds like an overpaid make work position for someone who wasted their life studying gender studies in university.

You know them as commissars in the Soviet Union...

I wish. That would imply summary executions on site which would only improve things over there.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
So what is a diversity officer anyway? Sounds like an overpaid make work position for someone who wasted their life studying gender studies in university.

I wish. That would imply summary executions on site which would only improve things over there.

Well economic execution is just as effective as one that kills you. It just takes longer. The thing is that the diversity commissar will ensure that only the purest of the SJW retards can work there. Failure to adhere to the SJW party line and you're removed. Same thing as what happened with the political commissars of the Soviet Union.

The hilarious thing about the commissar is that the workers have no say on who is it. It's an unknown variable and could be even more worse then them in regards to SJW bullshit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Well economic execution is just as effective as one that kills you. It just takes longer. The thing is that the diversity commissar will ensure that only the purest of the SJW retards can work there. Failure to adhere to the SJW party line and you're removed. Same thing as what happened with the political commissars of the Soviet Union.

The hilarious thing about the commissar is that the workers have no say on who is it. It's an unknown variable and could be even more worse then them in regards to SJW bullshit.

Good point. They should hire one of the nuttier Rere Era mods.

Suissant

Novice
We'll see what comes of it
Terminal cancer.

They'll hire a die-versity officer, yet that won't appease the workers as they see it as a first step in "changing the company culture", and you'll get even more intestine fights.

Is that another fat joke?

Whatever it is it's a shitty one. ;)

Jokes and puns aside, it's shakespearian language.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom