Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Patch 1.05 notes

made

Arcane
Did they "balance" Insect Swarm cast by enemies in one of the recent patches? I'm still trudging through my first playthrough, v1.03 I think, Ogre druids in Elmshore keep owning me with their 300 raw damage debuff. And when I manage to kill them by spamming that suppress circle spell my dudes still die to the debuff after the fight and get stuck in combat so I have to reload...

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Ogre druids in Elmshore
Send your tank in first. Use mass disable (preferably Slicken because it attacks Ref). Follow up with Confusion or Mind Plague. Kill them one by one while they're wandering aimlessly or fighting each other.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Did they "balance" Insect Swarm cast by enemies in one of the recent patches? I'm still trudging through my first playthrough, v1.03 I think, Ogre druids in Elmshore keep owning me with their 300 raw damage debuff. And when I manage to kill them by spamming that suppress circle spell my dudes still die to the debuff after the fight and get stuck in combat so I have to reload...
Ogre druids in Elmshore
Send your tank in first. Then use mass CC, preferably Slicken because it attacks Ref). Follow up with Confusion or Mind Plague.

He was talking about a BUG that made the swarm status effect not disapear after the fight was over. To answer: YES, it was fixed on patch 1.04, and I also encountered that bug earlier. Even w/o the bug Ogre Druids are probably one of the most challenging encounter in the game, since they have the OP spellbook of druids and the tankyness of ogres.

Ogre-Druids are IMHO one of the few sparks of greatness this game had.

Or maybe I'm just a masochist, who knows.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
He was talking about a BUG that made the swarm status effect not disapear after the fight was over. To answer: YES, it was fixed on patch 1.04, and I also encountered that bug earlier.
I know but multiple Swarms were still eating my party alive even in 1.04. Particularly, in the bounty fight you don't have much room for maneuver, so your best bet is to shrug off their initial casts by sending the tank first and to preempt any further attempts with mass CC.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
He was talking about a BUG that made the swarm status effect not disapear after the fight was over. To answer: YES, it was fixed on patch 1.04, and I also encountered that bug earlier.
I know but multiple Swarms were still eating my party alive even in 1.04. Particularly, in the bounty fight you don't have much room for maneuver, so your best bet is to shrug off their initial casts by sending the tank first and to preempt any further attempts with mass CC.

Open the battle with Moonwell or if you REALLY don't wanna take any chances, hit the "I WIN!" button aka scroll of paralysis. That bounty was pretty awesome! I almost ate my keyboard in a fit of sheer rage, but when I finally beat Nalred the Wise and his buddies I crammed my pants. Hard.

made

Arcane
Yeah I think got a good handle on them now using Cipher stun/mage sleep (don't like the confuse spells as they make mobs run willy nilly acorss the screen), just got annoyed by the bug.

Patch 1.04 is compatible with old saves np?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I think got a good handle on them now using Cipher stun/mage sleep (don't like the confuse spells as they make mobs run willy nilly acorss the screen), just got annoyed by the bug.

Patch 1.04 is compatible with old saves np?

I had no problems with mine, so yeah. Updated as soon as I got to Elmshore and found the bug.

On tougher fights (like Nalred) remember to pop a scroll of valor before casting your CCs, since it will give you a whopping +15 acc, thus making your CCs deal a lot more Hits and Crits and less grazes.

Also, using figurines to bring some cheap summons is a great way to give your guys some extra breathing room on tougher battles. And that Adra Beatle is actually pretty good!

The Bishop

Cipher
So as of ver. 1.05 Jolting Touch got rekt. Triumph of the Crusades claims to heal 4200(!) endurance on kill, but instead heals none. "Dragon Thrashed something" chant will now do something around 120-130(!) damage every 8 seconds on 18 mig/18 int chanter. And x1.2 attack speed modifier on weapons still maintains pure decorative function.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
6fc1ead3fef815597e9a3558f4619947.png

:lol:

For once I am grateful for Obshitian's ineptitude.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Ogre druids in Elmshore
Send your tank in first. Then use mass CC, preferably Slicken because it attacks Ref). Follow up with Confusion or Mind Plague.

He was talking about a BUG that made the swarm status effect not disapear after the fight was over. To answer: YES, it was fixed on patch 1.04, and I also encountered that bug earlier. Even w/o the bug Ogre Druids are probably one of the most challenging encounter in the game, since they have the OP spellbook of druids and the tankyness of ogres.

Ogre-Druids are IMHO one of the few sparks of greatness this game had.

Or maybe I'm just a masochist, who knows.
I finished the game before this was patched and had to cheese it with mind control + kiting / save scumming like a baby.

Gord

Arcane
It only seems to affect old saves, though, if I understood the post on the Obsidian boards correctly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom