Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - early access begins November 15th

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I like what theyre doing with PoE

ditching the skills as item sockets was the best thing they did. Soyer could learn from these guys

these "combos" are like synergies from D2, but they are action based which is cool

Perkel

Arcane
They aren't anything like D2 synergies because for one they are systemic where D2 ones were not, secondly D2 synergies were just stat boosts because you put points into skill from synergy network but you didn't need to use even once synergy skills to get benefits.

I hope their combo system won't funnel game into few synergies.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As long as there will be plenty of skills with different interactions people will be able to find many fun combinations. Like you might be able to throw down Vulcano, then summon some totem or minion that does slam attacks next to it and now you got a ranged way to make it fire more projectiles.

Gerrard

Arcane
>putting action back in ARPG
>hits enemies
>they don't react to being hit at all
Literally worse than Neverwinter when it released 10 years ago, and Neverwinter's action combat was mostly fake.

:hahyou:

Gerrard

Arcane
You need a brain if you think attacks with reduced stun (which is a game mechanic that's already in PoE1) threshold or knockback are the same thing as enemies reacting to hits.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
PoE 2 looks slower and more methodical (?) than the original

I could be wrong, but it will be incredible incline if they can avoid the meaningless clusterfuck that the original becomes in lategame

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
it will be incredible incline if they can avoid the meaningless clusterfuck that the original becomes in lategame
I agree, yet at the same time I don't think it's meaningless.

Behind that visual clusterfuck is a mathematical order made manifest. And that is, well... kinda beautiful.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's a clusterfuck for the observer, but when you play it it flows very orderly and as Ismaul said beautiful. Also some of the strongest or most popular skills in the game are slow as fuck- DD, RF, Boneshatter, most minion skills etc.

Gerrard

Arcane
RF is nowhere near "strong skills". Not even with 200 divine investment. There just isn't enough ways to scale its damage.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
They really need to do something about UI and visibility

lots of stats on Char screen all mashed together

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They really need to do something about UI and visibility

lots of stats on Char screen all mashed together

They need way more info on the stats, overall documentation is very poor, nothing is explained when you hover over. Paradox style boxes with detailed info and keywords will be godsend.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yes exactly

Need to explain what a skill/debuff does and need to display it systematically (not be a mess)

frajaq

Erudite
if the Mercenary is the archetype that uses Crossbows like a shotgun I'm all for it honestly, nice to see a little extended teaser, they were in the last big one, but only for a couple of seconds

ADL

Prophet
Core supporter packs are being swapped out next month. Curious to know whether they'll use this livestream and the game awards to market beta access being included in those.

Also last time we saw extended mercenary gameplay, PoE2 was still just an expansion and we didn't have the difficulty/dodging so I'm very curious to see how they play now.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dodge rolling is so fucking gay

It does at least even the playing field when it comes to movement skills used to dodge.

Some movement skills were infinitely better than others for this purpose.

SixDead

Scholar
Why is Diablo 4 in RPG section, and Path of Exile 2 in MMO?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom